• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 2017 - Worthless Update

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update from Premier Pro 2015.4 ro 2017 is worthless. In fact, it breaks a great program and renders it completely useless at this time.

Does anyone know when Adobe plans on fixing the MAJOR GLITCH in Premier Pro 2017 of the application NOT importing audio files with the video file? Moving and renaming things DOES NOT WORK; or does importing from the desktop versus an external HD. This appears to be poor engineering and testing on Adobe's part prior to the update.

I love the other 2017 updates (although PS has a few glitches as well); however, I need Premier Pro for client work and would love to have the application work correctly.

Until Adobe gets their act together on this, I was told by an Adobe CS Rep to keep using 2015.4.

Anyone else know anything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio... |Adobe Community

General advice has always been: finish in the version you started and start fresh in the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually read the entire post I put up?

I still have 2015.4 installed and have been using it exclusively. I keep checking on 2017 to see if Adobe has finally got it together and I, and thousands of others who use it professionally in the industry, can finally switch to the faster version. Unfortunately, until Adobe stops the 2017 version from strippig the audio tracks from the files... Premier Pro 2017 a worthless piece of crap.

Moreover, I CLEARLY STATED renaming, moving, clearing, etc. has all been attempted to NO AVAIL!

Again, my question is: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ADOBE HAS ANNOUNCED WHEN THE PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED? This is all I need an answer to, or want an answer for.

Respectively,

Richard S Hockett, MBA, DTM

SunRidge Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please Define all Specs for your environment including source files and settings to get the resolution quicker. Thank you.

Were you advised based on specs. Because I found 2016 Pretty Stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving and renaming things DOES NOT WORK

Move the media to an internal hard drive dedicated to camera media only.  Rename the top level folder containing the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask, based on your reply, if you read my post before making your reply.

I CLEARLY STATED the audio track gets stripped regardless of the location of the file. By the way, the location - external or internal - should make zero difference. It's still only 1's and 0's being read. Something is WRONG with Premier Pro 2017 and I'm not the only one who has complained or noted this.

Again... all I am asking is: HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING FROM ADOBE AS TO WHEN WE MIGHT EXPECT THIS ISSUE TO BE FIXED?

Respectively,

Richard S Hockett, MBA, DTM

SunRidge Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He clearly did not as I posted them already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the location - external or internal - should make zero difference.

Sometimes things that should not be, are anyway.

When things don't work, one of the first steps one should take is to "do it right".

In this case, that means an internal drive dedicated to camera media only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I CLEARLY STATED the audio track gets stripped regardless of the location of the file. By the way, the location - external or internal - should make zero difference. It's still only 1's and 0's being read. Something is WRONG with Premier Pro 2017 and I'm not the only one who has complained or noted this.

You're absolutely correct on both counts. The location of the media should be of zero consequence (other than speed of operation). And Premiere CC2017 is horribly unstable, even with new projects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andymees@aje wrote:

). And Premiere CC2017 is horribly unstable, even with new projects.

I have to say that statement is incorrect, I have had zero problems with CC 2017.  Some how it must be media sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's falling over a the tip of a hat here Bill. 2 edit suites,  one being a brand spanking new OS and CC install   Yes, perhaps it's taken a dislike to long form MPEG HD422 documentaries. Has certainly been more stable in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines