• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro Slow Motion is jerky (not smooth) when exporting with Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rendering slow motion video clips (video slowed down to, for example, 30%), with Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration and with frame blend enabled, the rendered video is not smooth (is jerky). Frame Blending does not have any effect on the rendered output , The results are identicle with and without Frame Blend.

When software only rendering, and with frame blend enabled (ticked), the resulting video is smooth motion.

Please take a look at the following which demonstrates the issue:

https://vimeo.com/48133743

I am using the following:

Windos 7  64 bit

Premier Pro CS5.5 (with latest updates)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (with latest driver)

The video I am rendering is HDV 1080i format..

I have tried exporting in MPEG2 and M2T with Max Render Quality ticked. Both formats produce the same results.

Why does Frame Blending have no effect on slowed down clips when exporting with Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration? Is this a known issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I have a video showing the slow motion problem in CS5.5 and CS6.  CS5 seems to be okay.  Here it the link to the video    http://www.studio1productions.com/blog/?p=93

Also, you can enable you 660Ti to run in GPU mode.  Here is an article explain how and a software program I wrote that will do it for you for CS5, CS5.5 and CS6

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I raised this issue with Adobe back in August 2012 - see above. Adobe have withdrwan the support case I raised with the following comments:

"The case has been withdrawn as it is a known bug & has been reported to our Engineering Team for further research."

So, at least it has been acknowledged as a bug. Hopefully a fix on its way in the not too distant future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet.  Keep reminding them.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1369265?tstart=60

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same issue as you. It started last week all of a sudden. Using Sony A7S3 10 bit, 60 frames a second slowed to half, I am having bad motion blur even with very slow movements on my part while taking video. I don't know what to do about it. I am trying to search for a solution. I dropped back to version 22 2.0 and I thought that fixed it, but no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God. I'm running into this for months! It's unbelievable that they haven't fixed this since 2014.

Looking for solutions but nothing can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines