Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 14.6 freezes up when trying to add new track

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 home / Premiere 14.6.

Premiere just updated to v14.6 a few days ago. Since then, I can't add tracks. When I right click and select add track from the dropdown, the app freezes up and I just watch the spinning circle forever. It's never done this before, and the only difference I can see is that it updated to 14.6 just 4 days ago. I've had zero issues with Premiere up until this. 

In the meantime, I'm rolled back to version 14.5, and it doesn't have this issue.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you install 14.6, try creating a new project from scratch and see if you face the same issue. Some projects created with older versions are having some bugs.

If the new project is fine, you can simply import your old project into the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried this. Didn't solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue. Just updated to 14.6, and everytime I add a video track it freezes. Whether dragging and dropping, or right clicking and adding the track. Had no problem with this on 14.5. It is also doing it on newly created projects.

Windows 10

Intel core i7-8700 @3.20 ghz 3.19Gh

64g RAM

Radeon Pro WX 5100 Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on 14.6, new project freezes if I try to add new video tracks.

• Adobe Premiere Pro 14.6.0 (Build 51)
  • macOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • iMac, 32GB RAM

This did not occur last weekend, but does now after the update.   As it appears to be occurring on both Mac and PC this really should have been caught by Adobe before shipping the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. + random crashes every 10-15 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Will try rolling back to 14.5, since I've already rebuilt my prefs and moved to a new project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your own post to the board. Simply replying to another person with the same problem won't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry SchoollyG (any relation to Schooly D?)!
I see a few others experiencing the issue but I can't reproduce it at all. How frustrating. I'll alert the team and see if we can get a bug filed here. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I hope it gets fixed for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 14.6 crashes when I do any of the following things:

Add Video track
Clear Empty Audio Tracks

Move more than one clip of graphics from one track to another

I can reproduce these results consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Finally I must to downgrade to 14.5. I need to reopen project every 5 minutes of working..

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mateusz,

Apologies for this situation. Can you let us know more info on your system and media so we can troubleshoot? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

My hardware:

- MS Windows 10 x64 v2004 Build 19041

- Mother: MEDIONPC MS-7616

- CPU: Intel i7 860 - 2.80 GHz, 4 cores, 2 threads/core

- 16 GB RAM DDR3

- GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix - Nvidia Studio Driver v.456.71

Other software:
Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom Classic, Audition, AfterEffects, Avid ProTools 2020, MS Visual Studio 2019

(all in latest versions at this day)

Used media types:

- MOV - AVC/H.264 FHD 30 fps from Canon 7D

- MP4 - H.264 FHD 60 fps, YUV 420 MPEG4 from GoPro Hero 5 Black

- WAV BWF from ZOOM H6

- Imported AfterEffects composition with 2D animation (classic renderer)

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mateus,

Your system seems to be fine. It might be the project file. If you don't mind, and if you have time, can you test with a brand new project with some of the media files you are using? Sometimes when updating a project from one version to the next, unexpected behavior might occur. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Chris. I am also sorry that I cannot reproduce this issue with my (macOS) system and media. Let me know the specifics about your system and media and I will see if we can reproduce the issue on hardware and media which matches yours perhaps a bit more closely. The other test I can recommend is to start a new project to see if the same things happen. So, with system and media specs and the test I suggested, let's hear what occurred when you tried those things, OK?

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop specs:

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Mac mini (2018)
3.2HGz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

MP4, 1080p, AVCHD, 25fps, plus related audio (Sony a6400, a7r II)

JPG

Graphic Titles, Captions
Black video

Also using Audition for audio, and Media Encoder (for outputs only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your issues in your own post on the board, not by hijacking someone else's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, for the users reporting this do you have a Control Surface turned on in "Preferences>Control Surface..."

We've identified a bug; If you have a control surface activated, and rapidly adding or remove tracks the application hangs.

You can see a video here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/pp-pro-crashes-when-using-surface-controller-mackie...

If this is what you are seeing, turn off the Control Surface for now until we can get a fix in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-updated to the latest version, disabled a controller I forgot had been loaded a while ago, and yes, I seem to be able to add tracks, but only time will tell if it's really fixed.

The weird thing is that after applying the update, I can select undo, but it doesn't UNDO anything. I added the video tracks by dragging a clip up, and then tried to undo, and nothing. I tested it on several things, and I can't undo anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…and of course as soon as I went back the undo weirdness had cleared up, so you can ignore those comments. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that I can no longer use a control surface? Or does this problem go away when I plug in a control surface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug occurs if you attempt to use a Control Surface with 14.6.  Please revert back to 14.5 if you need to use Control Surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, mstegner, I do not have a control surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Loupedeck device?  Or a Pallette Gear device.  These are also affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines