• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2015 - All video playback is now choppy. Why?

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new update (2015), I can no longer preview and video (of any format) without it being extremely choppy and unusable.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

After few hours of connection with Adobe Live Chat , operator "Abhinav" figured out the solution. He deleted all the prefences and settings of my Premiere via renaming the Adobe file in the documents like "Adobe.old". After the removal , he opened the Premiere CC and the magic! It's working great now. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 194 Replies 194
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joelh46001805​

I have exact the same issues.

My Video is recorded via OBS Studio with x264 lossless mode - 2560x1440@60fps

Choppy starts after about 3 seconds end eds up in 1 frame per second and less

I think it has something to do with variable bitrates, when bitrate hits 1Gbit/s or more the choppyness starts.

If i do a record with cbr 1Gbit/s nothing is choppy an video runs smooth, or if i have vbr and it doesn't hit around 800Mbit-1Gbit

it's not only x264 - i have the same problem with UTVideo and MagicYuv codecs (MagicYuv recording with dxtory. OBS supports utvideo with custom ffmpeg settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.. after update play/stop not working .. its the same with brand new project

its a bug ! ,I am on mac yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happened to me. it won't play.   i had to re edit my entire project. i needed to install 2014 again just to finish it.   im on solid state drives via thunder bolt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My playback was jittery too until I deleted all preview and cache files and restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the following:

- Clearing cache and deleting preview files

- Uninstalling and reinstalling PP CC 2015

- Updating graphics card driver

- Contacting Adobe Chat support

Nothing worked, I'm currently in process of reverting back to 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Going back to CC 2014. Adobe, what have you done? Also have Error 25::222 when linking to After Effects. After Effects error: FLT_GeneralEffectCallPlus can not be called reentrantly.

PC Platform Windows 7 64 Bit. CC2014 was just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, replying to myself...

Originally I did clear out all cache files, but not preview files. Having deleted ALL cache files AND PRV files, playback is now resdponding as in CC 2014. I am using Sony XAVC-L in an MXF wrapper SLog3, Some Ninja Pro Res files in this project and ALL work fine now.

I will post in the After Effects regarding my 25::222 Error, although I only link to AE and then render out and import the render back into Prem Pro (past QT 32 bit server issues). The error disappears when I delete the link between PR and AE once I've rendered so this is not a crisis. The error appears if I go back from AE into the Prem Pro window - don't and no error. RAM usage at render still moderate at 30% of 24Gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My playback is downright awful. 4K at 23.976fps, 1/8th resolution.

Same timeline in Premiere Pro CC 2014.1 was much better. I used to experience audio dropouts and the occasional hanging, but this is something else.

I'm seeing stuttering, where video playback actually repeats itself. Never used to do that

I'm hearing annoying audio clicking when the audio glitches out, (same thing you'd hear if you didn't splice audio at a zero crossing) which never used to happen, and it's hurting my ears.

Worst of all though, these issues happen constantly, making it very difficult to watch my timeline.

I do have a single adjustment layer, but everything is either yellow or green, so I have no idea why playback is so ridiculously awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TeeKayCC I feel your pain.

Try:

Close your project having first checked where Prem Pro is placing your Cache files and your Preview files. Once your project has closed and you've exited from Prem Pro, delete ALL Cache and preview (PRV) files. Start Prem Pro load your project and wait till Prem Pro updates the cache (bar bottom right corner of the timeline window).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to delete all cache and preview files on mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, my video plays fine, but my audio stutters. Haven't figured it out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what workaround I try, I simply can't fix this issue. So I'm currently going to stay with 2014, which works great and hope that a fix will be coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting to add that I'm getting choppy video playback, too.  And this is before and after deleting all previews and cache files. 

Almost all my clips have the native RGB Curves effect applied, and some have 3-Way Color Corrector as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, and Adobe.

Inevitably with a major change things may not run as sweetly at the start, but yesterday Creative Cloud updated my current project as I was a little niaive clicking "Update". Big mistake.

I do industry and infrastructural documentaries running the Sony FS7 and a Sony NX5 camera with a Ninja 2 Pro Res file as B camera - cracking pictures. Yesterday I lost a day's worth of edit work.

Running CC 2014 for the last 6 months I can mix both XAVC-L 50i 50mbs 442 Slog3 MXF wrapper files AND Pro Res Lite MOV wrapper in the timeline without issue. The project Sequence sets to AVCHD 1080i square pixel in response to dropping the XAVC file into the timeline at project start. So Prem Pro has selected the sequence setting - fine.

I also stabilise using AE by sending to After Effects via the link stabilising and rendering out to Uncompressed YUV 442 and importing back into Prem Pro and then deleting the link. Everything plays great - smooth playback etc.

I am running a PC platform, Intel i7 Hex 970, Nvidia GTX680, 4 disk internal RAID 0, with 2 other separate internal drives. RAM 1800 24Gb. I do not use any native colour corrections or third party plug ins. I send to Resolve to colour correct and grade. So my edit timeline is clean and free of any tweaking.

What I found with CC2015 is it appears to eat my RAM. It does not like additional formats in the timeline as when I add in the B camera MOV footage it chops and playback is useless. Changing the sequence setting appears to make no difference.

When I send to AE via the link as before, I get a 25::222 error when I go back to the Prem Pro window - effectively a digital loop.

My cache and previews are on the fastest drive, the RAID 0 array. Clearly in my opinion there has been a change to how Prem Pro and AE inter-relate and to the use of RAM and Caching. I closed CC 2015 and it dumped RAM using all but 2GB of my RAM.

I reinstalled CC 2014 this morning, and everything is back to normal - I can now finish the project.

I will try CC 2015 again but starting a new small project to test, but like many will wait until all the issues have been sorted.

Good Luck

PS: Hate the scopes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been cursing Premiere Pro 2015 for exactly the situation above. I am using an HP Laptop, Intel i5, 8Gb RAM. It has been working very well with PrProCC2014 and I now regret the move to 2015.

Also, I often use the Direct Link to SpeedGrade. Again, it was working just fine with CC2014. With 2015 I cannot get the desktop layout the way I had it before, Even worse, S/G is even more jerky and jumpy than  PrPro2015. The cursor becomes stop/start and eventually  'stop' and that's it. It will not let me even ctrl/alt/delete to crash out and re-boot the PC.

Much as I object to having to 'rent' the software and  to continue paying regularly, I was dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and subscribed.  Now Adobe are releasing software which does not improve the workflow. Have these updates been released before fully proving  themselves ready for the great unwashed?!

Just to add insult to injury, my restore points have all gone, prior to this major CC upgrade which was done overnight 16/17 June.

Alan  (a bit p****d off

)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here.

Smooth playback on Premiere 2014, but very choppy on PR 2015. Audio constantly clips and PR gives error "Audio and video clock out-of-sync at ....."

Tried cleaning cache and preview files without any success. Weirdest thing, that if I make dynamic link from AE to PR sequence, I can playback/render it in real time without any issues.

Win8 64bit, i7 3,2 GHz, 32 GB of ram and some Geforce with 2 GB of video memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem that it is playing very choppy at PR 2015, and the error message "Audio and video clock out-of-sync on ....." appears.

I have a very important project in progress and thus can not unfortunately work. How to downgrade again?

Win8 64bit, i7 4770, 32GB Ram, Geforce GTX 760i  2 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

svenz68422963‌

To revert to a previous version:

1. Uninstall PP CC 2015

2. Go here (Read instructions to gain access): http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-windows.html

3. Install selected version.

4. Go here to download latest patch for previous version: Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Danielassault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue!!  Sucks when in middle of heavy production schedule.  Don't know which to do: purge cache files or revert to 2014.  rg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Just got off a chat with tech support and they wouldn't help since I'm on Win 10 Pro Insider Preview.  So they should have known that there is an issue not just on Win 10!  My issue is  now when I open up CC desktop app, I do not find 2014 listed in previous versions.  In matter of fact I don't see anything in previous versions.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled it and went to follow links from DanialAssault above but cant find link to CC 2014!  Frustrated!  rg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rickg,

Did you get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Just uninstalled it but now can't get the link to 2014 that the guy above listed.  that page only contains updates.

And all my Matrox presets were gone under 2015.  Matrox has yet to post Premiere 2015 updates.

I'm screwed, what an idiot I am.  Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines