Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2017 and Adobe Audition dynamic link not working

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my applications to CC 2017:

When I try to edit a sequence in Audition, the "open in Adobe Audition" check box is grayed out and Audition does not open.

Dynamic link was selected in the dialog box.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

I uninstalled and re-installed Audition and it still did not work.  I did the same with Premiere and all is well once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony0125,

Have you updated both Premiere Pro & Audition to CC 2017 version? If Yes, It might be an issue with the installation.

Please uninstall Adobe Audition and reinstall.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and re-installed Audition and it still did not work.  I did the same with Premiere and all is well once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and this did not work for me. The only that has worked is uninstalling Audition 2017 and installing Audition CS6, which is super lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I could right click and edit in Audition but the option is not available now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess: When downloading the CC 2017 apps, download Audition before you download Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see that this issue has been solved or adequately answered. I'm having the same issue and re install, like all the others is not working. There is a problem with the new build. Please tell us how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andrew,

I have the same issue, but I just got it working,

I kept old version Premier Pro 2015 but foolishly didnt do the advanced option on Audition. I also tried PP 2015 but now it doesnt work with Audition 2017 either.

However I just tried this and it works. I uninstalled both Audition and PP 2017 then reinstalled PP 2017 followed by Audition 2017.

Then I opened up both. In Audition 2017 I located and imported an Mp4 file that i knew was in my PP 2017 project (which I was trying to edit when i found this issue). Once this was open I then went to my PP project, found the same file, right clicked and it now allowed me to open in audition as a clip. I did this and it forced it to open in Audition over the top of the other one. Maybe this forces the link in some way? Any way  I then closed audition as a test (didnt save anything) then went back to my pp project and selected a completely new mp4 file audio, went to edit, edit in adobe audition and then selected clip opened audition and loaded the audio

I hope this will replicate for you

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Reinstalling PP, then Audition for the second time did it before I needed to tinker as suggested. I love CC but am yet to do a version upgrade without it turning into a massive expenditure of time. Now I need to reinstall plugins, extensions etc. Anyway, the basics are now working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything in this post and others can someone from Adobe FIX THIS! I just wasted 4 hours trying to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done everything mentioned above and then some also. Uninstalled both Premiere and Audition and re-installed in that order. Cleared caches manually.

Regardless of how I select "Edit Clip in Audition" be it a right click on the clip or select the drop down from Edit it does not open Audition or go to it even if it's already open.

What does happen is it erroneously starts to "Render and Replace" without that prior dialogue box.

So even though this question has been marked "answered" it hasn't been. So I'll started another thread with this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem. It was resolved after I uninstalled and reinstalled both programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem, after reinstalling in order, by right click on the clip then "Edit Clip in Audition" is OK, but by clicking the menu->Edit->"Edit in Adobe Audition"->"Sequence" then not working.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling Premiere Pro CC 2017 and then reinstalling Audition did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled both. Installed Premiere, then Audition. It's no longer grayed out. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure. I will do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After multiple reinstalls and doing the other suggestions my link is there, SMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this before installing ppro2017, then forgot about it, spent 2 hours getting all my plugins updated and working, and issues with old media sorted and now I've just realised I also have this issue.

One day adobe will do an update that wont cost me hours of farting around.  If anyone has a suggestion for getting this working without uninstalling ppro, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled adobe audition with app preferences and re installed it.

It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also all ears for an Adobe response that actually works.  I've tried every rain dance suggested to date, and still no beans.  Do I need to reinstall the OS to make this issue go away?  (While kind of tongue in cheek, it almost seems likely to be the next acceptable answer from Adobe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Borrar la carpeta o plugin C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Mettle ej skybox-iris-wipe.prm y funciona perfecto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice this thread is marked answered.  SO the answer is: "uninstall and reinstall the 2 programs that are causing the issue".  Is that Adobe's approved solution?  Multiply that by the rest of the creative suite.  Add in the shambolic management of plugins and presets... I still look back at photoshop 5 (yes not CS5). As the high-point of Adobe.  When the software was most usable, most stable.  Since then there has been a gradual slide to bling over substance.  rant grumble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNBELIEVABLE ADOBEEE.

You released this without even doing some extensive test. Now I have to find a way to solve this and our client is waiting for our edits. Hoping that with this kinds of issue that you enable backwards compatibility so that we can edit back immediately our files in dynamic link. Now my audition files are useless. Need to send a letter to management for this delay.... grrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is an issue in the Windows registry. Beside reinstalling Audition you can also try to update the data of the registry key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sesx  to  AdobeAudition10_sesx

At the end the registry should look like this

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!! Thanks so much Florian!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines