Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2017 and Adobe Audition dynamic link not working

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my applications to CC 2017:

When I try to edit a sequence in Audition, the "open in Adobe Audition" check box is grayed out and Audition does not open.

Dynamic link was selected in the dialog box.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

I uninstalled and re-installed Audition and it still did not work.  I did the same with Premiere and all is well once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue beautifully on my windows machine. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 2017 had same problem.  This fix solved it for me thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLORIAN!!!!! I tried all of the uninstall/reinstall suggestions and nothing worked. YOU ARE THE BEST! This is the only thing that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Florian's recommendation (uninstall, then reinstall Audition 2017, then change registry), but the "Edit in Adobe Audition" is still greyed out in Premiere.   Fortunately I have a 2nd editing system that still has CC2015 with the link working.  I'll delay installing CC 2017 on that machine until I find a proper "fix".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the register. Follow Florians instruction it will work fine.

Keith Kowalsky

Flame-Spray Industries, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it worked.  The trick is to uninstall both Audition and Premiere BUT make sure you also delete your Preferences. Then check the registry as noted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regedit solution worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the registry edit solution worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Florian, I've had the same trouble of others, excellently fixet with your regedit trick.

However, I found right now another great trouble that seems to be connected with the original one:

After the audio editing of the timeline linked in to Audition, when I tried to re-import the timeline via Multitrack > Export to Premiere Pro...

I found the check 'Open in Adobe Premiere Pro' grayed.

Any issue?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybvody, problem shown in my last post was solved by just reinstalling Premiere Pro after fixing the registry file.

Thank you all,

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how to get to the folder your talking about on a MAC. I already tried a new install and it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you help me step by step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Adobe...you gave one good solution and now even in that solution i can't even open or able to see image...!!!

P.S - I have the same problem in Premiere pro CC 19...i guess you guys learnt nothing from the past mistakes...!!!
FPolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Wow Adobe ... "

This is a primarily user-to-user forum with monitoring and some assistance by Support staff and occasionally some of the engineers. Your post seems rather odd.

And from it, I can't even tell what the problem is ... could you please add enough information so that we can try to help?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a much quicker fix than reinstalling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spend an inordinate amount of time trouble shooting Adobe products now. There isn't a day go by it seems without some muckup. Now the solutions degrade to: uninstall and re-install your programs. This reminds of the early days of Windows when the solution to every problem was "Reboot your system," which was several times a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Привет! У меня та же проблема. Сперва я попробовал сделать, то что предложил Florian: -

This is an issue in the Windows registry. Beside reinstalling Audition you can also try to update the data of the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sesx  to  AdobeAudition10_sesx

И это мне не помогло. Хотя у меня в редакторе реестра все выглядело немного иначе. Допускаю, что я сделал что-то не так. Однако после внесения изменений в реестр я переустановил обе программы и все заработало.

Надеюсь когда-ни будь разработчики Adobe буду меньше допускать таких ошибок...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Florian.

Shame on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Reinstalling Audition didn't work

2. Reinstalling PP didn't work

3. Changing the Registry value mostly didn't work.

I can open Audition by right-clicking on an individual clip (although the extracted file goes into the PP project folder and not the Audition Interchange folder).

Attempts to send an entire sequence to Audition (which is the method I use 90% of the time) results in the Interchange folder being created along with a generic xml file. But there's no association with Audition and it (Audition) doesn't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PopV

Sure you change the good register key with the good value?

It works for many people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reg edit.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem after I reinstalled and updated the registry until in the edit in Audition window I noticed that the open in Audition box isn't checked by default, I couldn't believe it took me so long to see it, felt stupid, anyway no problems since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The re-installation seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a two-fer for me.  First, the uninstall / re-install brought the link back.

Second - this is ignorance on my part reflected in an inappropriate validation of whether the link was there:

In prior versions, you could find the connection to Audition under File->Dynamic Link.  Kind of makes sense, doesn't it, to look for a Dynamc Link under, well, 'Dynamic Link'?.

Apparently this did NOT make sense to the creators of Premiere Pro CC 2017.  The linkage is now under Edit->"Edit in Adobe Audition"->"Sequence". 

Ahem.  Adobe - would it have hurt to have left a link under 'Dynamic Link', or at least a link that pops up a message telling you where to find it now?  Really.

I admit my failure here.  I didn't ask myself, 'where would the designers have moved this feature?' rather than 'why isn't the link where it has always been?'

A learning moment, to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video worked like a charm. Only took me seconds AND I didn't have to waste time reinstalling the apps. Praise this woman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpltJE1dGtE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines