• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2017 has serious systemwide instability issues under the regular build of Windows 10 with my hardware

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I say it has instability issues, I'm meaning that it causes Windows to lock up and reset.  Not restart, reset.

It will lock when video playback gets too slow, it will lock at random when I click the wrong menu item at the wrong time, especially if I'm working with Lumetri color settings.  This is the reason why I use the Insider Preview builds, because I haven't had those issues in Premiere on those builds.

System Type:               x64-based PC

Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2901 Mhz

BIOS Version:              Intel Corp. KCH7710H.86A.0104.2012.1123.1027, 11/23/2012

Windows Directory:         C:\WINDOWS

System Directory:          C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device:               \Device\HarddiskVolume4

System Locale:             en-us;English (United States)

Input Locale:              en-us;English (United States)

Time Zone:                 (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Total Physical Memory:     16,349 MB

Available Physical Memory: 10,347 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size:  22,408 MB

Virtual Memory: Available: 4,194 MB

Virtual Memory: In Use:    18,214 MB

Page File Location(s):     E:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V Requirements:      VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes

Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes

Second Level Address Translation: Yes

Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Geforce 1060 6gb video card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an entry in Windows Event Viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that version of Windows installed, I'm on the insider preview builds now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.

One?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has 4 cores, it's an Intel Core(TM) i5-2310 @ 2.90GHZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preview build doesn't include the Event Viewer?

Mine did, before Windows 10 got released.

In any event, it's probably not the best idea using a pre-release OS on your edit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does.  I don't know how that helps this.  I'm *not* having these problems on the Insider Preview builds.  It works great with the exception of the import option which sometimes crashes, but it *never* resets my computer.  How would getting information about my current system where the lock ups and resets aren't happening on, give you any useful information?

I will stay far, far way from a combination of things that resets my computer, which is why I'm *using* the Insider Preview builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would getting information about my current system where the lock ups and resets aren't happening on, give you any useful information?

It tells us what process is causing the error and what the specific error is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read what I posted, thanks.

The error isn't happening now because I'm *NOT* I repeat NOT using the regular build of Windows anymore, I'm NOT, I repeat *NOT* having that problem when using the insider preview builds which I'm currently using, which means I'm *NOT* having those errors anymore.

The fact that after I told you that I use the pre-release builds because they're giving me more stability, that you'd tell me that I probably shouldn't use pre-release builds, as if the pre-release builds were the problem instead of the solution, was hilarious, actually.

Getting information from my CURRENT event viewer wouldn't tell you *ANYTHING* because I'm not having those errors.  How much more plainly can I say it?

Or are you actually expecting me to install another operating system just so I can give you information from *that* event viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kizzume_Fowler  wrote

Or are you actually expecting me to install another operating system just so I can give you information from *that* event viewer?

Well, you are asking for help about that operating system, aren't you?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm NOT, I repeat *NOT* having that problem

which means I'm *NOT* having those errors anymore.

I'm not having those errors.

So...why are you still here?  If you're still posting, our assumption is that you're still have an issue.  If reinstalling the OS (any version) has solved the issue, you should state as much and mark that answer as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you and others in this discussion thread can't understand the idea that installing a beta operating system (which is recommended against by Adobe and anywhere else, including Microsoft themselves) because the regular version of the operating system has major problems with Adobe's software, isn't a problem, I don't know what to tell you.  It's as if you're so engorged with red tape on this forum and doing things according to the book that you can't understand basic concerns such as this.

It's truly reminding me of the movie Brazil (directed by Terry Gilliam), where they're sitting at the table at the restaurant and things are exploding and falling apart in the background, and the waiter tells the customers that they must order via the number, not a description.  You can't point at the menu, you can't ask for exceptions or additions, you have to audibly state the number aloud, regardless of whether you physically are capable of speaking or not.  I suppose in that reality, if someone wasn't capable of speaking, they should have known to fill out form 1541-C128 a week ahead of time to have an interpreter present at the table for an extra charge.

So, why am I still here?  I'm reporting a problem.  It's pretty simple.  I mean, sure, I found a solution, which was to install a BETA version of an operating system, but the problem remained about the non-beta version of the operating system and I thought it was worth while to bring up in the only place Adobe gives us to talk about this stuff.  Apparently not.

I now realize that if someone just wants to report a problem so it can get to the right places, or to confirm the problem with others so at *that* point it can get shown to the right places, that this forum is not the place for that.  It's not the place to be able to confirm that issues even exist, because..  I don't know, maybe Adobe thinks it would look bad or something?  I really don't understand.  Apparently this forum is only about finding solutions to problems, even if the solution is to install something that is highly recommended against in all available documentation and online recommendations.

It makes me think that you'd want someone to mark something as officially answered if they installed competing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, why am I still here?  I'm reporting a problem.

That's fine.  It just wasn't made clear in the first post.  Our assumption would naturally be that you want help solving the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines