• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 having issues with GPU acceleration on Macbook Pro MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys,

i'm having some issues with Premiere when using GPU (metal) acceleration on project settings, i can't preview any time remapping on the timeline, it freezes the frame on anything that is not 100% speed.

However if i change to software rendering it works fine.... but GPU metal is what is recommended to use according to the dropdown.

cheers.

dan

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the properties of the source material?

What are your sequence settings?

Have you tried the Open CL setting?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open CL is depreicated but does the same thing:

meterial propreties:

File Path: /Volumes/Samsung_T5/end-of-year-2019/footage/IMG_2427.MOV Type: MPEG Movie File Size: 40.71 MB Image Size: 3840 x 2160 Frame Rate: 23.99 Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - compressed - Stereo Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo Total Duration: 00:00:14:17 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None Video Codec Type: HEVC 4:2:0 Variable Frame Rate Detected

sqeuence settings is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What device originated this footage?

Have you worked with this footage sucessfully in the past? 

If you transcode a small portion to ProRes and test, do you have the same problem?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

footage from my iphone 11 pro, used befoe fine on premiere 2019, haiving issues with new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the last bit of your media information ... variable frame rate detected ... raises a flag with me.

So you have variable frame rate media, meaning the actual frame rate varies considerably ... constantly ... and are then changing the speed of the clip. That's to me asking for issues.

I would suggest transcoding any VFR media before applying time effects to it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines