• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 - literally unusable playback (WITH VIDEO)

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I misposke. Problem seems much worse on 4K MXF files, but 4K MP4 files seem to play fairly well. I thought MXF and MP4 were the same bitrate and codec, just with extra metadata on the MXF. Any reason why MXF's would play worse on a powerhouse PC?

Canon C200 4k60p MP4. No effects, no scaling, no audio, nothing. Totally unsable: https://youtu.be/RujD_3mmLhE

What the literal **** is going on?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert D,

Sorry, man. We are seeing this on certain PCs that have certain hardware components. Could you detail the make and model of your CPU and GPU? Let us know any other system specs, as you'd find in system requirements.

I believe the current workarounds include:

• Transcoding in Handbrake
  • Use the previous version of Premiere Pro

Please also upvote this bug.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I misposke. Problem seems much worse on 4K MXF files, but 4K MP4 files seem to play fairly well. I thought MXF and MP4 were the same bitrate and codec, just with extra metadata on the MXF. Any reason why MXF's would play worse on a powerhouse PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, Come on ADOBE!!!!  I just posted about this same thing.PPCC2020 on Mac using "Metal" is horrible, I cant play anything on my timeline without extreme choppy playback. When I switch to "Software Only it works fine. Did not have any of these issue with PPCC 2019 using "OpenCL" And im on a beefy iMac Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with the last 3 versions of Adobe. They literally don't make video editing software anymore, they just employ people to tell you to clean your cache and preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most users are rolling along pretty good ... but some are clearly not. Which from your comment, I'm assuming includes you.

Yea, we all want to just rant at times ... but if you do want to see if we peers can get your system actually functioning decently, add some details ... what's your system, media, and problems?

Might get it working better.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines