• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2020 Playback Staggered / Choppy

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting. Ive been working with Adobe products for close to 15 years now, using Premiere for the last 6 years. Today, once updated to 2020, for an assignment at work, Im doing simple tasks with a fast mac mini that has never once had trouble with editing and all of a sudden the program is buggy as hell. It has to be the update, specifically for the failure to playback footage without glitches/staggering. 

I noticed if you close the preview window and just playback on the timeline window, the footage will play at a smooth frame rate. If you have both windows open it will playback staggered. 

This is unacceptable, and needs to be fixed.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the computer meet the system requiements? Sounds like a VRAM issue https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I Literally just posted about this same thing.PPCC2020 on Mac using "Metal" is horrible, I cant play anything on my timeline without extreme choppy playback. When I switch to "Software Only it works fine. Did not have any of these issue with PPCC 2019 using "OpenCL" And im on a beefy iMac Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to renintalled PPCC 2019 and of course it works fine. CC2020 is unsuable for me untill they fix this issue, which is a major issue. this issue is happening on two separate computers. Adobe wont acknowledge it, but I can say with 100% confidence its a major bug in PPCC2020. So many people have been posting about the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines