• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 22.0 Lumetri perfomance issue

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Found another ANOTHER (omg so tired from this) perfomance issue: 1920x1080 file in 1080x1920 sequence. One clip, no other FX, only Lumetri, moving correction sliders cause lags. Program restart doesnt help. Check the attach file.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Lumetri is one of the heavier resource users of effects in PrPro. Period. And of course ... it requires the CPU/GPU to recompute every pixel of every frame being displayed.

Now, unless you mis-typed,  according to your post you're throwing a complete resizing operation on top of that.

Yea, gee, that's throwing a TON of work at your CPU/GPU and subsystems. And I am so not shocked. But I still wonder, did you mean a horizontal file placed on a vertical sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri is one of the heavier resource users of effects in PrPro. Period. And of course ... it requires the CPU/GPU to recompute every pixel of every frame being displayed.

Now, unless you mis-typed,  according to your post you're throwing a complete resizing operation on top of that.

Yea, gee, that's throwing a TON of work at your CPU/GPU and subsystems. And I am so not shocked. But I still wonder, did you mean a horizontal file placed on a vertical sequence?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horizontal file placed on a vertical sequence, yeah. Strange, I don’t remember such a problem before. I have 1080ti and 6 processor cores and there is only one Lumetri effect ... But right, I forgot about scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, those things sorta creep up on you, right?

I had a six-core with a 1080 and 32GB of RAM for like three/four years. Last winter I move up to a 24-core Ryzen, 2080Ti, and 128GB of RAM. Sorta wish I'd pungled a bit more for the 3000 series card but this rig is doing pretty good in all.

My mind boggles at the turn-key options for the color grading app, Baselight. To get that, you have to buy the computer from them. Three versions, all Linux ... one I think with a single GPU, another with like four GPUs .... and the double-throw-me-down version with eight GPUs.

In one computer ... um ... wow. But of course, if you need to ask the price, it ain't for you ...

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines