• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere adding random audio pops that aren't in OBS source audio (v23.5 and v23.6)

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last several versions, Premiere is randomly adding audio pops/clicks in audio. I've confirmed it isn't in the source media.

I will play through an edit I've made and randomly there will be an audio pop/click that wasn't there before. If I restart Premiere, it goes away, but it happens constantly, so I started to right click the audio clip when it happens, send it to Auditon, close auditon, then undo, so that it's back to normal. Then the audio pop won't be there anymore. So it's definitely a bug with Premiere Pro and how it's processing/rendering the audio files.

This was not a problem last year with the same audio format coming from the same program. My system is fast and transcoding is a waste of time; this bug shouldn't exist.

Happens in Premiere Pro v23.5 and 23.6 (This wasn't happening in the previous years versions)

My setup:
Mac Studio M1 Ultra

OS 12.6.8

Audio is from h.264 .mp4 files recorded from an OBS screen capture.

For some reason it's not liking the audio in these recent versions. (I've edited hundreds of videos in prior versions and can guarantee this was not an issue before.)

I've noticed if I tab out of Premiere for like 5-10 mins then go back, it resets Premiere and the pops don't happen, then as I start to playback parts and move the timeline curser around, the pops come back. It's very random though. If the pop isn't addressed, it ends up in the export as if Premiere has baked it into the render preview files during the editing!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started experiencing this too. It sometimes seems to vanish and at other times it doesn't. I'm marking every click off and will try and restart and hope they all go. Please send solutions! But on a 50 minute video I have multiple so far. Adobe should be offereing to make my life easier not give me more work. Help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, for the record, my footage was not recorded on OBS but on Zencastr which may be somewhat similar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue.

I can sometimes get it to stop by bringing it back and forth in audition, but that doesn't always work.

This bug is persistant, and inconsistent, which is game breaking. I have to scan every single second of every single render before I release it, otherwise I might miss a click or pop in the middle of someone speaking or whatever.

Adobe, please do something about this, it's game breaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Everytime i import Video recorded with OBS, the audio has clicks and Pops thats not in the source file.  I can play the vidio in Quicktime player and other software and the clicks and pops are not there.  This has been driving me bonkers for months trying to figure this out.  Still no solution @ADobe?  Come on guys im spending a lot of money per month on your software.  Really thinking about switching over to different software if this isn't fixed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here as well. It only occurs within footage recorded in OBS which is really strange. I've been getting around it by rendering the audio with the pops and adding the Automatic Click Remover effect to problematic segments to eliminate the pops. This process is quite tedious however and sometimes doesn't fully remove the pops as you can still hear them slightly. Would be awesome if someone found a better workaround to this issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record several times a week with OBS and have never had this. So I'm trying to figure out what the difference is that causes this. I'm on the road for a few more days so I can't post a screengrab of my audio settings in OBS for comparison purposes. But will do when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines