• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Adobe CC 2017 Crashes at replace footage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this Premiere crash when using the replace footage functionality from the bin. I can do two or three clips max., then the program (crashes).

The animation project we're working on requires doing this on multiple clips in a pp sequence. Prior to upgrading to 2017 there were zero crashes when doing this.

Moderator's Note: Please do not use profanity in our forums. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Hi boomboomactionparty,

That's two people who've had the same replace footage error on 2017, just with my post. How do we make sure the developers are seeing this?

File all bugs here.

I could not reproduce your issue yet, but I'll keep trying to see if I can trigger the bug from here, as well.

Thanks for reporting on it.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downgrading to 2015.3, the replace footage action is fast, no delays and no crashes. We'll be holding our position on pp2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have your 2015.3 Proj File still? Or is there a way to open the my newly updated cc2017 project (on which I've spent days worth of editing on now), on the older 2015.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for an animation studio. We'll have a cut with 100+ shots that will require replacing footage on each clip. With 2017, pp would hang, sometimes finish and then every fourth time or so pp would crash. Immediately after downgrading to 2015.3, everything replace footage-related has worked perfectly.

As far as I know once you've gone with the newer version of the project, you can't open it in the previous version of the software.

Is it possible you could try archiving your watermarked music by duplicating it, then rename the new music to the same filename and overwrite it on your hard drive in the same path? Then, when you open your 2017 pp project it will link to the new music instead. That is certainly a sub-optimal solution, but perhaps better than revising the entire edit you've spent days on.

Premiere Pro​ That's two people who've had the same replace footage error on 2017, just with my post. How do we make sure the developers are seeing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi boomboomactionparty,

That's two people who've had the same replace footage error on 2017, just with my post. How do we make sure the developers are seeing this?

File all bugs here.

I could not reproduce your issue yet, but I'll keep trying to see if I can trigger the bug from here, as well.

Thanks for reporting on it.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Currently trying to replace footage (a placeholder .mp3 music track with a licensed .wav) and the system has crashed 3 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still running 2015.3 until pp 2017 won't crash at replace footage.

I'm on a Mac, with the assets I am attempting to replace footage to stored on a SAMBA-based NAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 11.0.2 crashes frequently when attempting to "replace footage". I'm doing this by right-clicking within the bin. I had the same issue with v11.0.1. I've tried trashing prefs, media cache, pek files, preview files. I've also reset permissions on my media drive and rebuilt the directory. Although, it doesn't seem to be drive specific.

The crash reports look like this (excerpts):

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000001e1bb458

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x1e1bb458:

-->

__TEXT                0000000100000000-0000000100003000 [  12K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Application Specific Information:

objc_msgSend() selector name: invoke:

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0  libobjc.A.dylib              0x00007fff8d7234dd objc_msgSend + 29

1  com.apple.CoreFoundation      0x00007fff88ff4b4f ___CFXRegistrationPost_block_invoke + 63

2  com.apple.CoreFoundation      0x00007fff88ff4ac7 _CFXRegistrationPost + 407

3  com.apple.CoreFoundation      0x00007fff88ff4832 ___CFXNotificationPost_block_invoke + 50

and this:

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000018

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x18:

-->

__TEXT                0000000100000000-0000000100003000 [  12K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Application Specific Information:

objc_msgSend() selector name: invoke:

Global Trace Buffer (reverse chronological seconds):

74.472612    CFNetwork                0x00007fff97283db3 TCP Conn 0x15e5a56c0 SSL Handshake DONE

74.647406    CFNetwork                0x00007fff97283c8f TCP Conn 0x15e5a56c0 starting SSL negotiation

74.647526    CFNetwork                0x00007fff97282659 TCP Conn 0x15e5a56c0 complete. fd: 52, err: 0

74.647548    CFNetwork                0x00007fff97310f33 TCP Conn 0x15e5a56c0 event 1. err: 0

74.798037    CFNetwork                0x00007fff9728192b TCP Conn 0x15e5a56c0 started

238.136164  CFNetwork                0x00007fff97283db3 TCP Conn 0x1563c6320 SSL Handshake

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still isn't answered with several users still reporting the bug. I was hoping it would be fixed with the latest .1 release but no luck. Again, is there any work-around to crashing premiere when right clicking on clips to replace them? This is a pretty common workflow for updating graphic assets or animations. I'm little taken back that there aren't any more clear answers. Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great ideas for work arounds, boomboomactionparty! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had an issue with "replace footage" on the 2017 also. I edited my sequence with watermarked music, but now when I try and "replace footage", nothing happens. Fortunately it doesn't crash....but still, that was an important part of my workflow that will take HOUIRS replacing it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry... how is this question "answered"? I'm dying from this issue right now. Is there still no fix after 3 months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

I can understand how frustrating this might be.

May I assume that you and the OP are getting a crash by Option/Alt dragging footage on an existing piece of footage in the Timeline. Is that correct?

I'm sorry... how is this question "answered"? I'm dying from this issue right now. Is there still no fix after 3 months?

I will unmark it as "Correct" for you. That said, it's not a widespread issue and we can't reproduce it. Please file bugs, if you have not already.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the issue when I use "replace footage". In the final phases of a project I need to swap out low res temp audio tracks with full res licensed tracks once they are purchased. Been doing this for years.

Whenever I try to replace a song, I choose replace footage, then when I select the full res track the finder window just sits there unresponsive and hangs out until I quit premiere pro. I can replace one track successfully. the 2nd one never works. I have to offline the tracks and relink manually.

This also happened last night with a video clip I tried to use "replace footage" on.

jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I am having this exact same issue and it seems to me that you have misunderstood OP and others with the issue when you said this:

Kevin-Monahan  wrote

May I assume that you and the OP are getting a crash by Option/Alt dragging footage on an existing piece of footage in the Timeline. Is that correct?

That's NOT the issue. That feature is working just fine for me. When I right-click on a piece of footage in the Project window and select "Replace Footage" to replace it (the source) with a new version of that piece of footage that doesn't yet exist in the project window, THAT is when it crashes. Does that make more sense? I tried bypassing this by closing Premiere and replacing the footage in the source folder so it would redirect automatically... but that just caused the footage in question placed in my timeline to glitch during attempted playback and then Premiere to crash again. This keeps happening over and over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well, just as hotbedm26689459 describes it. (Right-clicking and selecting "Replace Footage" in the Project bin.)

This started on upgrading to CC 2017 in January.

I'm replacing footage several times an hour, so this has a huge impact on my workflow. A fix would be welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've started a new thread: LINK

Maybe we can restart the conversation. (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here.

I have just updated PP to 2017.1 build 11.1.0  (CC version)

I running on a Mac Pro OS X El captain.

When you want to replace a clip with replace footage (not matter if it is video or only audio) The program crashes.

Restart the program and 8/10  it will work, but it is not garantee. Verry annoying since this is a function I use a lot.

The problem is not fixed with this latest update.

Same problem as Jesse has I suppose.

help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem. Right-click footage in project bin, select "Replace Footage" and CRASH. Premiere Pro CC 2017.2, Mac

Not sure why this thread as been marked ANSWERED. It has not been answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac Late 2015

4GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Running on OS X El Capitan - 10.11.16

Most recent version of Premiere Pro (as of yesterday)

I'm also struggling with this bug. I don't think I've been able to properly replace a watermarked audio track for at least the last two months. Also happens when re-linking an unlinked AE dynamic link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone at adobe chime in? I keep reading about this issue on multiple forums. Seems to absolutely be a real bug/issue and not isolated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some success since updating  both my operating system and version of Premiere. That being said, this is a problem that for me comes in and out sporadically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if a thread is marked "answered" if Adobe never looks at it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it only crashes when trying to replace footage twice, so this is what I did:

1. Replace Footage
  2. Save Project
  3. Quit Premiere
  4. Open Project
  5. Back to Step 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been answered. Please unmark it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines