• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere blew my macbook pro speakers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new 2 month old 15" MBP. I Was working on a project, macbook volume was about on half, when suddenly an audio bug occurred with really loud screatching noise and not letting me pause it. After it stopped, the speakers were really quiet, and after the next restart they're clearly blown. Initially I blamed the hardware, though the same thing happened a day later with my Sony 1000X-M3 headphones, luckily the headphones are ok, but that did give me a heart attack.

The situation is not ok, I am not happy. Adobe customer care chat is ridiculous.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Hi Adobe Community,

UPDATE: Adobe had a small number of user reports about an issue in Premiere Pro that could affect the speakers in the latest MacBook Pro. Adobe has released a patch via the Creative Cloud app to help address this issue. Please update to 13.0.3. 

Thank you,

- CM

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 202 Replies 202
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Neil Haugen​: Way. Too. Complicated.

Let affected users report on their Mac’s. Then Adobe and Apple can have something to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know its only a subset of T2 users?  Not everyone uses these audio features, much less Premiere.  I don't use Essential Audio or EQ that much, but when I did I knew I was affected.  A lot of "affected" users may just not know it yet.  Has anyone here with a T2 tested it without issues?  If I were an Adobe engineer reading this forum, I sure wouldn't want to give it a spin.  I'm sure they found some computer to sacrifice though.  Maybe they acknowledged it because they were able to reproduce it.  Doesn't mean they wouldn't still collect info.  If this thread is a support group at this point, with all the appropriate venting, so be it.

My customer phone support issues were with Apple, not Adobe.  They won't even look at Internet forums, because "that's just the internet" and "we have no reports of this".  One rep even said "people on the internet just want to take down the king of the hill".  Sure there is speculation, but its also relevant info if they were taking it seriously.  I can only speculate, but I still hold Apple most accountable at this point.  I don't understand how they would let their hardware be affected by software like this even if the software was flawed, partly because they are the ones that pay the price in repairs.  There has to be a way to block the software from executing like this.  I'm not the expert though.

I do respect Adobe for acknowledging the issue.  Too bad Apple won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a fair number of users with Macbook's ... and most of them are of moderately recent to new manufacture, on account of this app needing a ton of hardware to open for all practical purposes. And considering the number of posts here, if every Mac user with a T2 equipped rig were having the issue, I would guess from several years of monitoring this forum the number of posts would be several times what it has been. Also ... as noted, many of the engineers are Mac people and they do use new Mac's of all types with Pr.

Besides, I know a few guys with newer Macbooks who haven't been affected. So ... it can't be all Macs with T2 chips. What percentage? No clue.

Apple's support at times seem awesome, and at times ... spotty. From the reports I've seen. Which often makes it better than Adobe's customer support. Now understand, many of the support folks are excellent and hardworking. Especially the ones in particular product support groups. The phone/chat lines folk ... some are very good, some are capable of some things, some  ... um ... we'll not talk about them.

It's just one of those things that needs fixing last month. Seriously.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember someone here at the forum…hmmm, forogot his name….. who always gave the advice on every issue, that we have always to update to the most current version of everything.

drivers, os, whatever… that shall always be the reason for every problem…and of course it is not adobe’s fault, but the customer's with their weak badly maintained rigs.

In particular, there was a , up to day not solved, problem with totally unusable hardwareacceleration on macs .

The advice was ..of course , you have to upgrade to Mojave. I heard the same thing from someone called palmer.

I, for a few very good reasons didn’t  follow that advice— i quitted all contracts.

working since with another editing software , and checking all available sources, I have not found a single case of a mac T2 customer who had a blown / crashed hardware by using any kind of other then adobe software.

I found , follwing the given link, audio editors who complain about distoted sound a.s.o ..that is a total different story.

Crashed , to be replaced, hardware only is/was happening by using Adobe-PremiePro-13.0.2 on OSX Mojave.(or someone please provide us with a link)

So, based on logic , if these indications come together, you are  having an extremely risk of loosing your hardware.

Not every smoker is affected by cancer, not every fries an schnitzel lover is getting a heardattack, but people with a very bad bodymass-index surely have a much bigger risk of starving…everyone would agree to that.

So , that not every T2 owner did not crash his workingmachine is no indication of the clear fact , that only the 13.0.2 software has some bad code which can cause a malfunction which leads to a total disaster.

ONLY SOFTWARE CAN ACCESS HARDWARE…. no hardware is known of selfdistroying itself .

Or has anyone seen a mac creating the suicide-screech without touching the keyboard before….

Anyway , I’m not affected anymore , but I would absolutley demand from adobe , that every MAC-T2 user with a valid supportcontract must be given a compensation for at least 2 lost (non usable) month / jan-feb (this thread started in nov 2018 !!).

Either an additional 2 month free subscription , or the equivalent of 2x70 €/$

Every judge, every lawyer and every insurance would tell you…if you knew about a risk , and have been willingly went on…if its happening to you ..you are on your own.

In my case, I would have been affected with 3 IMacPros (each 6000.-) and out of warranty…

where is the fix , where is the compensationoffer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"2/12/19: We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution that will help users mitigate risk."

Mitigate the risk, huh?  Sounds like it might still require Apple doing the right thing, and they are rarely quick to do that.  Mitigation isn't very comforting.  Leaves room for each side to point the finger still.  Doesn't seem like Apple and Adobe are very collaborative these days.  I've heard that they have more competing interests than they used to, though I don't claim to know.  Many of us use Adobe and Apple not by choice.  Not to mention Adobe performs better on PC, while FCP is obviously optimized for Mac, drastically in some cases.  Would be nice if they at least functioned together though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

UPDATE: Adobe had a small number of user reports about an issue in Premiere Pro that could affect the speakers in the latest MacBook Pro. Adobe has released a patch via the Creative Cloud app to help address this issue. Please update to 13.0.3. 

Thank you,

- CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help address?  or address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please pass huge thanks to whole adobe team for being responsive and fast. Means a lot for users and me personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that. Thank you very much Adobe. Glitches and software malfunctions happen, and I appreciate this problem being taken seriously and resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not resolved, its minimized.  This is absurd.  I'm guessing the ball is in Apple's court now.

"Fixed issues with Premiere Pro that reduce noise interaction and help minimize possible impact."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe had a small number of user reports about an issue in Premiere Pro"

WHAAT? Small numbers?

i have three MacBook Pro (Custom Order) computers here destroyed because of this "BUG".

Thank you Adobe for you destroying them..

Now, what we gonna do with those computers? Who is gonna compensate us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Premiere Pro 13.0.3 was released tonight, please update to this newest version.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone wanna guinea pig this "mitigation"?  Or can we call it a "fix" now?  Serious question, which is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt_Stegner  wrote

Hi All,

Premiere Pro 13.0.3 was released tonight, please update to this newest version.

-Matt

You're pushing it out to Windows installations too.  What is the changelog for Windows?  Why are media reporting on this release before yourselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't produce separate version numbers for Macs and PCs. So as always, when they drop an update, it's across OS's.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

They don't produce separate version numbers for Macs and PCs. So as always, when they drop an update, it's across OS's.

Neil

My Creative Cloud app is downloading and delivering an update for 13.0.3, as compared to 13.0.2.  That's another way of phrasing what I already wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if the Windows "update" has any update/patch other than the numbers. They like to keep the "current" numbers synced within an app. They've done that in the past where there was an 0S-specific issue, and they rushed a patch out.

It would be ... well, polite, perhaps? ... if they had a ready statement on this. I just went to the official Premiere Pro blog ... and there's no mention of this update/patch.

Underwhelming ... a bit.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah really underwhleming,

here got a 2016 MacBook Pro w/Touchbar. I use Premiere for my Work and only my MacBook as a workstation.
When i edited in Premiere, i had a randomly cracking noise, since then the speakers got worse and worse, they are now unusable in every application. Apples wants to charge me 600 Euros for a reapair.

Now theres just an update fixing the issue but not the cracked and destroyed speakers from Macbook owners.
Who is in charge for that?

Either Apple or Adobe has to pay the repair for their customers.

I pay so much for the cloud and getting a buggy and slow premiere which destroys my speakers.

Official Statement by you @Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full sympathy there.

At the same time, looking at what's seeming to happen  ... Adobe has an app with audio code that hasn't been an issue with any hardware.

Apple comes out with new hardware that on some, not all rigs, blows/distorts when using Adobe software.

Trying to sort out what should then happen gets murky. As this is a hardware based issue, does Apple ship computers to other companies to try before shipping to consumers? Kinda doubt it. I find it highly doubtful Adobe could possibly have had any idea until the hardware was in significant numbers among the public.

Does Apple test every feature of every software that *might* run on their new gear before shipping? I would imagine they did a fair amount but how thoroughly none of us knows. So they may have done some testing, and not encountered any "significant" issues.

So they shipped, and well ... that didn't go well. I can easily see both companies feeling they'd done due diligence. As it's only happening on some of the hardware from one company and no one else, it would seem more of a hardware issue for responsibility for repairs.

Unless of course someone feels that software companies should be prescient about any potential new hardware bits across the entire computer spectrum.

And aside from speculation about responsibility, a lot of Apple users like yourself have been hammered. NOT good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Abusive post rejected and thread locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go finally

4279588f-39a4-4b23-ab3c-df98b1c68059.jpg

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/02/22/adobe-fixes-premiere-pro-bug-that-blew-out-some-macbook-p...

If Adobe has openly admitted to having being the reason this issue occurred they should definitely reimburse or repair users MacBooks that were affected.

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess it would be silly to ask people to "test" the new update, but I guess there is not other way to find it out other then try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, it is not only Premiere problem. As a I said earlier in this topic, i‘ve experienced the EXACTLY same bug in Adobe Bridge which blown my speakers. Adobe needs to update the whole lineup of their products which interact with audio on MacOS! It’s a platform-wide problem!

Premier-only fix doesn’t solve the problem completely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know if you had the same bug as me. I never had any. weird noise, but sometimes, if I play an audio and for a moment it's loud or there's a louder sound, The right speaker "crack" and then the sound goes mono...Or the right speaker is very low...

I have to plug my headphone, press play and plugg it out to make it work back again...

I also use premiere but CC 2017, I can't remember if that hapens with another progral. I have a macbook pro 2017 touch bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@valeriet81668044- This is the exact same problem I described earlier in this thread. I also have the MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017). This problem happens in every application - not just Adobe apps. Apple's geniuses say it's a busted speaker and needs to be repaired, but as you say, connecting/disconnecting headphones sometimes fixes the problem, as does resetting the Core Audio drivers via Terminal, so I really don't think it's a hardware issue. This only started happening to me, and others I know when updating to Mojave, so I believe there's something funky in Mojave that's causing this.

There seems to be lots of issues surfacing with MacBook Pro's and audio at the moment - for example:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/02/07/apples-t2-proving-troublesome-for-some-professional-audio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines