• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2017 Running extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed and the program monitor is not even playing back my video in the timeline. The lag is insane.

I use CS6 as well and it works just fine. I have UHD footage with playback at 1/8th quality.

I also have all my RAM dedicated to Premiere, 32GB.

There are no other programs running.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought because I had only 8GB on my Macbook Pro, or because it's from 2012 or even because I was running out of space. Perhaps because I am running my full HD footage straight from a usb 3.0 external hard drive but I am convinced the issue is with Premiere CC 2017 itself.

I have cleared my hard drive so I could try editing straight from my internal SSD, and no luck, as I haven't got as much RAM as you I trues dedicating the max which the SW would let me (6.5GB) and nothing, changing the settings from CL to Metal or even SW Only and literally it just made it worse.

My backlog is ridiculous now as I simply can't edit, whenever I need to stop the playhead it will take something like 5 seconds as I hit the key "K" or space bar.

Not sure if Adobe is aware of how much this is slowing down all Premiere users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, giving the full tech specs of your laptop would be good ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM, and all discs in use with connection types. With that data, we can probably offer suggestions to get you running better.

It sounds like you're running a single internal SSD and a single USB3.0 connected external ... that's not a particularly hardware-rich environment. CS6 is a far less complex program than the newer versions, so yes, it probably runs on that gear easier.

And next, not all SSD's do actually have the read/write sustained speeds that we assume ... Bill Gehrke​ is the expert on such things ... so just switching to that single internal doesn't guarantee faster work ... if you don't know the sustained read/write speeds it routinely sustains.

And running everything off one drive, unless it's a very, very fast drive, will be slower.

"Not sure if Adobe is aware of how much this is slowing down all Premiere users."

It's not slowing me down any, nor many others. Some are affected, but that doesn't immediately correlate to "all". In the past, a few things have hammered me, but weren't issues for the majority of the user base. That's pretty common.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the AJA System Test Tool and test that USB 3.0 hard drive,  Give us the write/read speeds.  Just because it is called USB 3.0 does not guarantee any speed.  Also run it on your internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend using Cineform proxies for all H.264 media.  The editing experience is vastly improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try clearing your cache folder and restart premiere. It might take a second upon restart as it will be writing new cache files, but for many people clearing this seems to fix lots of CC17 issues, not sure why though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines