• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 Playback Delay after pressing the Play button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous version of Premiere when i Press Space it starts immediately playng.

In CC 2018 it starts after nearly 1 second with MERCURY ON and immediately if disabled.

Z620 32GB K4000 

CPU: DUAL 2640

iNSTALLED VARIOUS VERSION OF GRAPHIC CARD DRIVERS.

INSTALLED ON A FRESH INSTALLED WINDOWS AND AGAIN THE SAME THING.

IT DOES THIS WITH ANY FILE FORMAT OR SEQUENCE TEMPLATE.

PLEASE!

Message was edited by: Moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

This issue is now fixed on my system with the 12.0.1 update to Premiere. Thanks Trent Happel​ and team!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many things are a problem in Premiere CC 2018. Running a top of the line 2015 iMac with the best 4GB AMD Graphics card, 16GB of Ram. Thats not the point, the point is CC 2017 ran GREAT. It still does. I am now down the road on the project in 2018 I can't start over.

SEARCHING WORKS 1/4 of the time.

IMPORTING FOLDERS IS FUNKY.

TIMELINE USAGE IS SLUGGISH

PLAYBACK IS HORRENDOUS AT TIMES

Adobe you need to STEP UP and make 2018 run well, or get a patch for us to revert 2018 projects to 2017. I have tried a few solutions online. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a crash on SAVE AND CLOSE in CC 2018, wasn't, rendering, scrubbing or anything.  Never had that happen in 2 years of using Premiere CC 2015 or 2017. Top of the line Late 2015 iMac with best AMD 4GB card. Adobe you have serious stability issues with 2018. Release an update ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BlakeKimmel,

Sorry for the frustration. Are you experiencing the same issues with a brand new project? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is happening the same with a brand new project. I made a new project, imported some random video files I usually work with (mov and m2ts from my cameras Canon 5Dmk2, 6D, Sony FS100) and the same lagging in playback and short random freezing is present. Even if I only preview the files in the monitor window through Media Browser the same problem occur.

It is weird that on an old Dell laptop (Vostro 3750) the problem seems not to manifest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, same issue here. In CC 2017 no lag. CC 2018 a very expressive lag on space bar. Whats going on??? Fix this please! We're all paying a lot for this e neeed my workflow back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on Preview Window > Display mode > Alpha = BAM! Normal play/pause! Even with ultra key applied. WTF ADOBE! FIX THIS!!!!!! SINCE OCTOBER 2017?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex Imperador,

Right click on Preview Window > Display mode > Alpha = BAM! Normal play/pause! Even with ultra key applied. WTF ADOBE! FIX THIS!!!!!! SINCE OCTOBER 2017?!?!

That's weird. I see a white screen (as expected) when doing so. Can you try this again with a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, did you read the part that I said "even with ultra key applied"? Please, stop talking about "NEW PROJECT", this does not change anything! Please, insert a green screen footage in a NEW or OLD project, apply ULTRA KEY and turn on ALPHA and see for yourself.

We need solution, not chat about. Tks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By teh way, by inserting only 1 audio track in the NEW project, the behavior is the same, ie normal play / pause only with ALPHA enabled or Mercury CUDA hardware disabled. I downloaded CC 2017 and everything is ok, but several projects are now in CC 2018 and I urgently need this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, r u alive yet? WE NEED A URGENT SOLUTION!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and for all the "just import your project instead of updating the old 2017 project" NO, importing doesn't even work. Every time I try to "import" a project from CC 2017 it chugs, works, beach balls, then finished, and nothing comes in the bin in my CC 2018 project.

I am straddling two project versions on an 8min ESPN TV segment.. Will you ruin my professional life Adobe? Maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. There is a 1-2 second lag after I hit the play button or use the keyboard command to play video - and it jumps, not a smooth start. CC2018/Mac High Sierra/Intel Processor. Would Adobe give us a timeline of when they expect this corrected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,  I'm having the same issue.  It's not concentrated to one project, it happens consistently across all projects.  I did however find that if i launch chrome to goto the internet and then close it out again, the sync comes back.  Now it's varied from project to project.  Sometimes it locks it in for good, and other times I'm having to do this step every edit.  But it may save a few of us to get through a few important edits.  I hope that helps... for now. 

CC2018/Mac High Sierra/Intel ProcessorScreen Shot 2018-01-11 at 4.26.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those having this Play/Pause Delay issue might be helpful to know.

Are any of you on Shared Storage or some sort of external storage device?

I am having the same issue just would like to know people's setup/connectivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it with internal and external-drive projects

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:56 PM jaroyb60086182 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have external SAS drives. It never happened before until I did the upgrade.

Nater Hodgson

nhodgson@xmission.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This occurs even when importing color bars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also facing the same issue with CC2018. Until now still unable to PLAY the project during editing. It seems like nothing happened when I clicked at the play button and other button at the timeline.

Please help to fix this. We are paying the subscription fee monthly, and yet this is happening without serious attention from Adobe to resolve this.

Frustrating!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue on 2018 where i was not on 2017.1 - This is on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a lark, I plugged my storage into my MacBook Pro and premiere worked great with no playback lag.  My mac pro is taking about 10 seconds to playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'm alone in this matter. Video CUDA playback running fine in cc2017, in cc2018 it is buggy as hell. Went back to cc2017 but now interopability with different version cause major headache. Dynamic link from cc2017 are not linked with cc2018 AE and Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 2017 iMac retina 5k High Sierra.

In Composite video mode, video playback takes about 1 sec to commence after pressing play.

In Alpha mode, it is instant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's interesting is if you close the program monitor, playback is instant. Definitely a bug related to Composite Video in the monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting a 9.5 second delay and the culprit turned out to be cache files.  I manually deleted them in the finder and deleted unused in the app to be doubly sure.  Now, I'm speedy again on my trashcan mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines