• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC crashes by adding Music

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i adding Music (mp3 or wav) Premiere crashes without an Event in the Event Manager? Anyone else here with the same problems ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Hey Everyone,

For those who haven't heard the news, we just released a new version of Premiere Pro (10.3) yesterday. This release does resolve this issue so we suggest you give it a try as soon as you can.

Sorry for the inconvenience with this one, folks..

Thanks,

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried removing the In/Out points? That is my primary fix right now. Second is copy and paste into a new sequence. The audio file length trick is the last thing I'd do because it makes the least amount of sense and it doesn't fix the problem for future edits like the other 2 fixes would do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here, I have to say, for the cost this software costs, its an absolute disgrace they put out software with bugs like this. I am using windows 7 64bit with 32 gig ram. I am now having to roll back to a previous version of Premier, so I can meet a deadline. I hope this and the other bugs get sorted out as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the helpful information. I believe I was finally able to reproduce the issue here thanks to the help of the project provided by wdaytvcs‌. It appears that this is happening due to the out marker set in the sequence. In this case, the out marker is setting an indication that the sequence stops there. Because the audio track is longer than the sequence (and would extend beyond the out marker), the clip cannot be inserted. This leads to the "cannot drop" hand indicator and for some reason does appear to cause a hang/crash on Windows. I was able to reproduce this with video files as well so it does not appear to be audio related. It also explains why trimming the clip will sometimes resolve the issue (if you trim it smaller than the sequence duration specified by the out marker, the problem does not reproduce).

Workaround for now appears to be to either remove the out marker in the sequence or temporarily extend it to import longer media.

If you guys can verify this is the case, that would be helpful but I at least have one bug report I can get filed at this point.

Thanks,

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU so so much for addressing this issue! You're a good man Ron_Day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have the same problems.

It started with ONE Sequence. I could import any kind of VIDEO FILES = no problem. As soon as i tried to import AUDIO assets Premiere or the cursor freeze/half crashed.

I found out like the others that the problem only was with one specific SEQUENCE so I created a new one and after 7 hours I had the same issue here as well.

Now i readed your workaround with DELEATING OUT POINT Markers from the timeline and this seems to work right now. Thanks a lot for the info as this helps me to continue my work for today.

Dear ADOBE TEAM, please fix this bug ASAP as this is a heavy bug that stops the workflow of many people who use your software for professional use.

• Does this happen with the latest 9.2 release of Premiere Pro? We have made some changes and fixed some other bugs that could possible have resolved this, so this would be very helpful to know.

VERSION 9.2

• Does this happen with any sequence or project you create, or only when attempting to import to a specific sequence or project?

ONLY FOR SPECIFIC SEQUENCES. If I create a new one it works.

• Can you reproduce this issue as simply as importing one of these MP3 files to the project panel, or does it only happen when adding assets to a sequence?

In my experience this issue comes with all audio files. No matter if 44 or 48khz or wav or mp3

SYSTEM INFO

WINDOWS 7

Intel i7 4770K

16GB DDR3

ASUS H87M-PLUS Mainboard

NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron_Day I had the same problem - and yes, it was caused by the fact I had set an in and out points in the target sequence. Clearing them solved the issue. Thanks, but please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Ron.

this is my exact problem and diagnosis was to remove clear the in and out markers. I am on windows 10 as well.

I hope to see now that this bug is identified that is resolved in the next update.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT'S IT! Removing the IN/Out point did it!!!!! @Ron_Day you're the man!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect - thanks Ron!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reporting that this is still not fixed, nearly gave a heart-attack to my classmate and I after a marathon 6-hr compositing sesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe how buggy this newest version of Premiere is! I am trying to finish a project right now and not only do I have this music problem, I also can't use "save as" as well. The program crashes and I have to end task it. Same thing with the music crash. Furthermore, last night when I was trying to use Premiere, the program would crash on startup. Tried reinstalling and it would still crash. Had to restart the computer then it would start correctly. Another bug I found is if you tried double clicking the sequence to see the info panel, the program would also stall.

*****POSSIBLE WORK AROUND*****

Add a new sequence to your project then import the first sequence onto the new sequence. You can then add the music file (MP3 works fine for me) to the new sequence and it will play correctly. Just make sure you save often as this version is really buggy.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Adobe, this is a PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE. People use it for important tasks. Please test out all of your software prior to publishing updates. I probably lost a whole day's time trying to edit a 5 min. video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution that I've found, is to create another project, and import the old, non-working project in to the new project as a sequence, and it should work fine from there.

I wasn't able to add any sort of media to the timeline whatsoever. Seems like an issue with the project corrupting or something of the sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me now. This is insane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has it been 4 months and still no fix from Adobe for this serious problem with a very basic function of its software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me. Boss (who cares nothing for "my software don't work" excuses) wanted new audio spliced into recently finished video, but PP locks up no matter how I try to get it into the timeline. What should have been a 5-minute splice-in is now an hour-long software fistfight.

When I drag to the TL, locked UI, stops responding, just as others have described. I can open other files via the desktop icon, but these open with frozen UI, as well. Oh, and when I tried dropping it into the timeline with the keyboard shortcuts I got an "Unknown error, Premier has to shut down."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying everything up to and including dropping the audio layer into an AE comp and importing that (failed), I dragged the WAV clip onto the "Automate to sequence" button, and miraculously this has entered the cip into my timeline without locking my UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone i think I've found a good solution.

I have this problem as same as you all, and when I created a new squence (File>New Sequence) I could add my mp3 file or whatever, After that I just needed to drag the project into to new sequence and it seems to work.

Hoping it will help you too - enjoy editing

Idan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've spent the last 4 hours trying to get your sound track to grow into my video and every time it crashes and I'm back to starting over. I've gone to my creative cloud account and I have the latest version so no it has not been fixed and it is very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines