• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere cc2017 will not open projects from other mac users

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I found a serious bug with Premiere 2017.  I have two iMacs running Premiere with two different licenses.  Everything was working fine until we decided to have the editors swap projects and then we got an error message saying "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements."  This happened on both machines with both projects.  Both projects open up fine with their original user.   We are at this point stopping any further use of P2017 until this bug is solved. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Sorry that it has taken some time and we were not allowed to comment on the fix date, but this issue should now be resolved in the 11.0.2 update that was just posted today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. That would be awesome if you could try that. It doesn't seem like it could be a hardware specific problem, but the test would be good to try .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried opening davidb's files on Mac Pro      and was able to open them.. just got the following errors:

Audio Filter missing:  4:1635083896 1735550321 1634758764

Video Filter missing:  AE.RG Denoiser3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Okay... I'm off to look for an iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows here... out of curiosity tried all davidb56370876 & parkthedavid90's files and they all open ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Are you saying that you are having this problem of sharing CC 2017 (v.11.0) projects with other users, and that you're seeing this problem on Windows? Tell me a little more about your setup and workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah interesting... I just tried opening up in a Mac Pro and it does open for me as well. I wonder if it could be an iMac specific error..    

Mitch, I'm assuming you're not opening from an iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. I've tried opening on the Mac Trashcan, a MacBook Pro, and the old chesse grater Mac. The projects all open correctly there. I don't have easy access to an iMac, but I'll try to locate one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to successfully open a problem project file in PP 2017 on my MacBook Pro.  I then did a "Save as" and was able to open the new project file on my iMac.  Its a decent workaround for anybody who has access to something other than an iMac, but I still need a fix before I will transition to PP2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love this program, but this is a major bug... It's like a security setting, but causes problems with multiple users using the same machine. This is a big problem if you are look to travel a portable HD to a lap top. Please remove this security setting from future builds, or will have to start looking at alternate solutions like Davinici Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird question and please don't read anything into it (yet). Is there anyone on this thread that is having this problem that is NOT using a iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. We have 3 iMacs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Can you try downloading the project files from David Park or David Busse and see if you get the error with their files? If the logic holds up, you should also see the error with their projects. If you don't, it would be valuable info to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue with everyone at work and tried those files posted on this thread and I could open those?! I really hope this is figured out quickly cause we are having a nightmare situation at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a weird workaround. The original file was edited today by my wife on iMac 1 (office). She has her full name set as the "User" on that machine. I use my full name on that same machine as my "User" name on the Mac OS. I brought the project home to iMac 2 (home), and logged in with my User name and could not open the project. When I logged into my wife's name, even on a different machine at home, it worked. She uses the exact same spelling and everything on both machines. Same Apple ID. How this could affect it is beyond me but it works now.

With saying that, I do need a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage a suite of Mac computers.

5 Edit Bays connected to an Open Directory all logging in to network accounts. 2 SAN volumes on On the Quantum Stornext platform.

We started encountering this issue on last week on cc2017. Whenever a different editor would go to open a premiere project that someone else had been working on they would get this error. Through some trial and error, it seems like only the Owner of the file has the permissions to open it even if the other user is in the same workgroup.

chown -R username /path/to/project changes the ownership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I have the same problem, but the "offline media" technique does not work.

macbook pro and imac do not communicate with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I found a temporary solution/workaround for those folks who have had the bad luck of having started (or continued) a project on Premiere Pro 2017 (from Premiere Pro 2015.4) and now need to share the file with someone else (who is also on Premiere Pro 2017).

We solved/worked around the problem by doing this:

Create a user profile on the other machine using the same "user credentials" as the person who created the file on whatever other machine. Once you create the new user profile on the machine you are passing the project filer over to, meaning duplicate credentials of the machine and person who created the project file, you should now be able to open that project file on the new machine so long as you are logged into that machine with those new credentials.

Note, we only had to do this with the one project because we found the bug before converting any of our other ongoing projects to 2017. Every other project our studio is handling, at this moment, is being edited on Premiere Pro 2015.4 so that we can continue sharing project files without having to create weird one-off users on secondary machines.

I hope this helps the masses while we wait for the update with the bug fix.

Cheers+ONE Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having this problem on an iMac and a Mac Mini. Definitely seems to be related to users. Going to try the work around having to create a new user with same credentials. Has anyone checked to see if it might also be related to multiple CC accounts? We're switching between a couple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having kind of the same Issue but for me it doesn't seem to be linked to a User but to the hard drive it was created on. When transferring a project file to another hdd which contains the same data the project won't open on my iMac. The MacBook Pro workaround works for me as well, but this really needs to be fixed ASAP. Unfortunately the 11.0.1 update didn't bring a solution for that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same problem in our studio, mind you, we are in an Xsan environment. One of our senior editors found the following fix that worked for us:

- Open the problem project in the original computer that created it or on a different computer that is able to open this project (we had different computers, some could open the problem projects, some could not)

- Set all scratch disks to Same as Project (our projects live on our SAN)

- Delete all render files (Sequence -> Delete Render Files)

- Save project

Hopefully this will work for you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue even after updating and reseting preferences on both Users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add my 2 cents. I'm also having the same problem.

I'm working on an iMac. I created a project for another producer and dragged it to their MacPro laptop / external hard drive.

They couldn't open it. She received the error message.  I created a new user matching the credentials from my system and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having issues with PP 2017.0.1

I've two guys working on shared projects off a server. One on a brand new 2016 5K iMac, one on a 2012 'thin' iMac.

The brand new iMac seems to be able to open projects but the older one can't. Now this could be a user thing or a hardware thing, I don't know.

However, I can open the project files on my 2013 MacBook Pro and save them out which then allows both guys to edit them.

Absolutley bizarre, but it's a workaround for us until this gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Media Cache is indeed the problem. But there is a setting in Premiere Pro's Preferences under Media that could solve the problem.

Open the file in question on the computer where it was created. Tick the box before "Save Media Cache files next to originals when possible". Resave the file.

You can now open it on another computer.

This solution worked for me, I hope it solves your problems.

I am surprised although that no one of the Adobe Staff mentioned the existence of htis option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kris,

That solution should definitely work. That is, assuming your media is residing somewhere outside the user folder. And yes, you're right. I probably should have caught that one as a solution, but sometimes the view of the forest is blocked by the trees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines