• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere choking on a single ProRes LT file on M1 laptop

Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my M1 MacBook Pro, Premiere is borderline unable to work when it encounters a single ProRes LT file in my timeline. There are plenty of other LT files in my project, but when the timeline scrubs or plays over any clip from this particular file, Premiere's preview monitor freezes and refuses to playback. When I stop playback, It takes a few seconds before the monitor will even update with the proper frame.

I've tried deleting cache, re-rendering the file again as a new ProRes LT file, and updating to the latest 22.5 version, but the same thing is happening. The only difference between this file and all the others is that it's a 90 minute clip, 17 GB. When I try to scrub through it in the Source monitor, I get the yellow "Media Pending" frame.

This project worked totally fine on my Intel Mac machine. What's different here, and how do I fix it? Is this a bug with Premiere with M1 laptops?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you giving Premiere enough time to process the clip before editing with it? 90 minutes is a long clip. The lower right corner of Premiere will tell you if it is processing clips to get them ready to play in Premiere. I recommend that the blue processing bar in the lower right corner of Premiere is finished before trying to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no blue bar in the lower right corner. Premiere is done processing it.

There isn't even any audio track on the file, so there is nothing for Premiere to process. It's just a long ProRes LT clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess it's another bug to file. Yay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines