• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes after 13.1.3 update

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm on Windows 10 with an NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 gfx card. After the 13.1.3 update today, Premiere and After Effects both crash at the startup screen. I've done a full wipe using the adobe cleaner too and reinstalled, full wipe of gfx driver and reinstalled, deleted all temp and cache files, and even spoken directly to adobe tech support, and there is apparently no solution to this. The most I got out of tech support is that they think it has to do with my gfx card or driver but they have no solution.

I'm on 10 hours straight trying to fix this and a day behind work. I've already googled it to death and tried every solution to this problem going back years. Nothing works. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

We found the cause of the Premiere Pro 13.1.3 crash on launch when running on Windows.  We are currently testing a fix.  In the meantime, we are providing a work-around, which you can find here:

https://adobe.ly/2LY4cjx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you install the Nvidia 430.86 drivers (or later) from here?
     Drivers | GeForce

Then also make certain that you have the 100.6286 Intel driver (or later) installed:
     https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27988/a08/win64_24.20.100.6286.exe

Only update your driver if it's older than the specified version.

The next thing to try, if your drivers are up to date and it crashes, is to reset preferences, but before you do, please backup your existing preferences... if this works, having your bad preferences here may help us prevent these crashes further.  Could you zip up these two folders before resetting your preferences:

C:\Users\<your user folder>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0

C:\Users\<your user folder>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0

Once you zipped up your existing prefs, you can follow these steps to reset prefs:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briwilli  wrote

Can you install the Nvidia 430.86 drivers (or later) from here?
     Drivers | GeForce

Then also make certain that you have the 100.6286 Intel driver (or later) installed:
     https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27988/a08/win64_24.20.100.6286.exe

Only update your driver if it's older than the specified version.

The next thing to try, if your drivers are up to date and it crashes, is to reset preferences, but before you do, please backup your existing preferences... if this works, having your bad preferences here may help us prevent these crashes further.  Could you zip up these two folders before resetting your preferences:

C:\Users\<your user folder>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0

C:\Users\<your user folder>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0

Once you zipped up your existing prefs, you can follow these steps to reset prefs:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? 

That Nvidia driver is installed, and it still crashes.

I downloaded that Intel driver but when I ran the exe it says "this system does not meet the minimum requirements."

This is a fresh install and Premiere has never been opened so the settings are default. I tried clearing them anyway, and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I ran a system scan from the Intel website yesterday and updated any drivers that it suggested, but the integrated gfx and processor were up to date already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help and am happy to continue testing and providing info, but in the meantime I really need to get back to work. A download to a manual installer for Premiere 13.1.2 would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy, I sent you a private message and an email.  Would you please make sure to check them out and respond to me?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nariman+Sodeifi  wrote

Jeremy, I sent you a private message and an email.  Would you please make sure to check them out and respond to me?  Thanks.

Just now saw this and responded, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1.2 was working great. Today we updated to 13.1.3 and it's crashes all the time. We are on a 2013 iMac and have one of the last Nvidia GeForce GTZX 780M, which seems to be the issue as I get an Nvidia warning when starting Premiere.

Please give me a link so I can re-install 13.1.2. I cannot get anything done.

[email deleted by mod, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update to this? I seriously cannot get anything done. Please make 13.1.2 available so Nvidia card users can roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting crashes on launch because of this Nvidia issue, please submit crash reporter with your email and description. 
Blank crash report with no email or description is less helpful.  We need to be able to contact you when we have a fix for this. 
Yes, I have contacted proper people and asked for 13.1.2 availability.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nariman,

For my iMac with Nvidia, there is no crash report as it does not reach that point. It just Beach Balls permanently until I Force Quit. 13.1.2 is a much needed stop gap please.

Thanks,

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please also send me the link! I'm having trouble with the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm over here on a Ryzen R5-3600X and RTX-2070 system having the same issue.

Both Premiere and After Effects crash before they can even open the window but Photoshop works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest driver of now 431.36 game driver. 430.86 both available as game driver and studio driver:

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with a Ryzen 7 2700X and Radeon RX5800 system, so nVideo is probably not the source of the problem. Send crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting same issue as well. I hope this gets resolved today as the week is about to begin. Getting in the way of work. This has been super frustrating. An agent's tried to fix it remotely to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those who are experiencing this crash on launch.  Does it happen for everyone on PPro only or PPro and After Effects?  Does Adobe Media Encoder also have this issue for you?  This is useful information to help us narrow down this issue.
Please make sure to submit crash reports and include your email and short one line description of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only happening to Premiere and After effects for me. Media Encoder works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at the crash dumps, and so far, they seem to be in igdrcl64, which is an intel driver.

I'd like to verify the version of the drivers people are using.  If you could, please click on the search box in the start menu and enter "dxdiag".
dxdiag.PNG
Next, click the "Save All Information" button at the bottom center of the window.

Please email this file to briwilli@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just emailed mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joses,

I emailed back... could you respond please?  I cannot find a crashdump associated with that email address which you sent the dxdiag from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replied to your email. I also tried the latest suggested fix. Still a no go for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jose for trying.
I know it fixes it for some people since a user who had this issue sent me this video saying that his problem is fixed.

It would be great if people try suggestion on the youtube video above and see if this fixes it for anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1.2 please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. So far I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, which got it to open past the splash screen once. But once I closed premiere and tried to open it again, it went back to the same issue. I would send a crash log but the app doesn't even open.

I've updated drivers, I've done a whole slew of things but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the .zip that's being passed around also work on Version 13.1.4? I just starting having this problem when the Premiere Pro was updated just a few days ago. Premiere Pro crashes after loading a project file and will not open at all after needing to use the Task manager to shut it down. I've tried:

• Updating my Intel and NVIDIA drivers
  • Uninstalling and Reinstalling Premiere Pro
  • Holding Shift + Alt when loading the program
  • Running Premiere Pro as an Admin

Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines