• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes after 13.1.3 update

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm on Windows 10 with an NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 gfx card. After the 13.1.3 update today, Premiere and After Effects both crash at the startup screen. I've done a full wipe using the adobe cleaner too and reinstalled, full wipe of gfx driver and reinstalled, deleted all temp and cache files, and even spoken directly to adobe tech support, and there is apparently no solution to this. The most I got out of tech support is that they think it has to do with my gfx card or driver but they have no solution.

I'm on 10 hours straight trying to fix this and a day behind work. I've already googled it to death and tried every solution to this problem going back years. Nothing works. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

We found the cause of the Premiere Pro 13.1.3 crash on launch when running on Windows.  We are currently testing a fix.  In the meantime, we are providing a work-around, which you can find here:

https://adobe.ly/2LY4cjx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goji,

The registry file fixes a crash on launch that happens moments after the splash screen appears.  I believe yours is different.  Are you using a Portuguese keyboard layout, by chance?  Even if it's Portuguese-English?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope (as far as I know). I'm on a Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop. Here are some additional specs:

• CPU = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 HQ @ 2.80GHz
  • GPU = GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • RAM = 16GB
  • HDD = 128 GB SSD + 2TB HDD
  • OP = Windows 10 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the only thing I haven't tried yet is renaming the .exe file into "Adobe Premiere Pro CC" and adjusting NVIDIA to accommodate, but only because I'm uncertain of the legitimacy of that working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you posted a crash report?  Could you email me at briwilli@adobe.com?  Include a screen shot or any text you might be able to capture, if you can.

I am about to call it a night, but I will try to respond tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I do that? I can't open Premiere Pro at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't see the Adobe Crash Reporter, after, even?

What happens at the moment of the crash?  Does the application just disappear silently?  Usually some sort of dialog will be displayed, or the Crash Reporter will appear.

If you see any sort of dialog, what you can try to do is use the Windows Snipping Tool.  Just search for "Snipping Tool" from the Start Menu, and you can configure it to capture a window, the full screen, or you can choose your own rectangle.

If the Adobe Crash Reporter appears, you can send that to Adobe, including your email address, and then share your email address with me privately, and I should be able to pull it up from our offices.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens at all. I've clicked on the icon through the start menu, through the CC App, and through any saved projects and nothing starts. I just get the spinning wheel to show that the program is loading, but nothing loads at all. No dialogue boxes appear at all.

A few days ago, I updated my NVIDIA driver to its latest version, as well as my Intel driver to version 100.6216 (Since that is its latest version according to their site) after getting this message:

Even after doing this though, I still cannot get it whatsoever.

Additionally, this screenshot was taken on the 24th and Premiere was working normally after updating my intel driver. This was when i was still using Version 13.1.3 (at the time, the NVIDIA didn't need to be updated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not even seeing the splash screen, that sounds like an installation error.  Have you tried uninstalling Adobe Premiere Pro and then reinstalling from the Creative Cloud app?

Also, on that Intel message, the link took you to an article with directions on how to update your older driver.  That page includes solutions to three different types of graphics drivers issues.  The third is for Intel.

You will find the article here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html

GPU and GPU driver requirements for Premiere Pro

Click on the sub-section titled "Intel GPU driver update requirements".

We have qualified Intel's 6286 driver, and consider this our baseline.  That article has a link to the download location, along with an additional link to an Intel article on how to manually install the driver if you have difficulty using the installer.  We have faced tremendous difficulty with different PC manufacturers not providing updated Intel drivers.

But that driver update isn't likely to fix your problem if you are not even seeing the splash screen.  Try the uninstall and reinstall before updating your drivers.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article mentions getting version 24.20.100.6286 or higher. I have 26.20.100.6912, the newest version currently out now.

I have already tried uninstalled and reinstalling and have gotten no results at all (it was the previous fix I tried before coming to the forums...) But I'll try again and re-edit this to see if it will work...

EDIT 10:40pm EST - I have uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro through the app. The Splash Screen appears but it won't go any further. It has been 15 minutes since trying to open the program, and it is most likely frozen again (I'll need to use the task manager close out of it). Still cannot send an error report as a result too

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... So I've decided to downgrade back to version 13.1.3 for the time being since I can still get in-and-out of Premiere Pro no problem, and the program doesn't freeze at all. Hopefully whatever problems 13.1.4 is having, I hope they can get fixed soon, since I couldn't do anything to fix them, much less be able to send a report because of those problems...

Sorry for the mixup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

sorry but i'm french and my english is... what it is 🙂

i have a quadro P2000 and same thing, since upgrade 13.1.3, crash on startup !

tried so many things listed above and from other forum, but nothing worked

thanks for helping cause we work with premiere pro

greatings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, me again (the french one) !

i found a solution (for now)

In Nvidia control panel I set the Global setting to : "3D app visual simulation" and apply !

PremierePro starts normaly (and very faster the second time) but the first project you open takes 1 or 2 minutes to open.

but after you open the first project (takes a long time) all the other projects open fast and normaly

hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Nvidia control panel I set the Global setting to : "3D app visual simulation" and apply !

Please post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

It's only applicable if you have Quadro Cards and is under Manage 3D settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was communicating with a user who submitted crash log who had similar issue.
I asked for more info and he said he was able to solve his problem by following the instruction in below video.
Would you see if you can also solve this issue with doing the steps in this video?

Adobe Premiere Pro CC Startup Problem in Windows 10 Fix - YouTube

If you don't have that video card or driver, just do the app name change and see if that solves the issue.

Let us know either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been waiting for this new update for weeks.... and now I'm afraid to install it.  I wish Adobe wouldn't use the public to discover all the bugs in their updates.  I don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take it from the person who posted this discussion: DO NOT UPGRADE TO 13.1.13!! Anyone have a link to 13.1.12?

Do not upgrade to 13.1.13.  It has been a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read in the system requirements that you must have this version of windows 10:

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1703 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mac Pro with AMD FirePro D500 3 GB,

It lets me open projects (though not from the intro window) but It's been crashing all day and deleting audio previews that cannot be recovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please file the crash report?

this is very important, just insert your email when that pops up and send it,

Adobe Engineers are stating that they are waiting for this please ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a potential work-around but I need others to test it.  I have reproduced the problem locally and it appears to be a problem between OpenCL host and driver versions.  In my particular case, the OpenCL.dll (found in C:\Windows\System32) is provided by Nvidia as of late May, while the OpenCL driver was very old and provided by Intel.  It will still crash even if you have the Intel GPU disabled, as long as that driver runtime is registered.

The work-around requires running a .reg file which will unregister the Intel OpenCL driver.

Before sharing broadly, I am looking for a handful of people to test it out.

If you are interested in testing the work-around, please email me at briwilli@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The work-around requires running a .reg file which will unregister the Intel OpenCL driver."

Is there a Mac version for your work around? Basically, if I hold down Option and delete the preferences on every start, Premiere will start, but still crashes way more than 13.1.2. If I don't hold down Option, the program will just Beach Ball and freeze every time. Obviously, the Option key is not a good work around.

We need a fix quickly please. How about 13.1.4?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to me on a MacBook Pro 2017 - I get to open the program but when I try to playback either my timeline or the source monitor the program freezes and crashes. Can't roll back due to auto update made my current work file the newest version. Is there any way to roll back save files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found the cause of the Premiere Pro 13.1.3 crash on launch when running on Windows.  We are currently testing a fix.  In the meantime, we are providing a work-around, which you can find here:

https://adobe.ly/2LY4cjx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iMac 2013 with Nvidia card I found a kind of lame solution. You can no longer use Open CL which is a real drag, but I found a YouTube tutorial which shows how to remove ALL Nvidia drivers and files which I did. Now, there is no Open CL (which worked great in 13.1.2), and is Metal only which is slower all around.

Now, it doesn't crash on open (I still get the Nvidia Incompatible warning) and it runs somewhat normally. It Crashes a lot more than before, maybe once every 20 - 30 minutes (verses 2 or 3 times a day on previous version) or so on just random stuff like selecting a clip, but it's somewhat useable.

Please let us return to 13.1.2 or make the next update fix this issue as it's pretty crappy all around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines