• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes with c300 mk3 Proxy Footage

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting to work with the c300 mk iii proxies the DP uploaded while I wait for the drive with the full res to get here, and both Premiere and Media Encoder are throwing tantrums. 

At first, all the clips were named CLIPS001; I found this thread, renamed a folder per the solution there, which solved that problem (the imported media's file names in my project then corresponded to their actual file names).

But I just CLICK in the timeline and Premiere crashes. I tried to transcode the clips to ProRes, Media Encoder crashes. 

I toss everything, as-is, on an external and launch on my laptop, everything's fine (problem machine is an iMac Pro).

Trashed prefs, upgraded to 14.9, then back to 14.8, neither worked. So I'm on my laptop.

Anyone have problems with Canon media crashing Premiere? I was just cutting with c300 mk 2 footage yesterday and it was smooth sailing.

TOPICS
Crash , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES PLEASE. Same problem here! Adobe, what is this? I need support, immediatly, I have a deadline here and I can't work in premiere. I open up premiere it crashed as soon as I move the cursor. Same footage, prores proxy files. I even converted all c300 mk 2 files to prores files but premiere keeps on crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can also report the same problem, was just handed some C300 footage and oh boy, it's crashing every couple of minutes. Not just crashing Premiere, but it's shutting down my entire computer and forcing a restart. On a deadline so no time to transcode this footage, but it's C300 footage for sure. Fortunately I can scrub and play back, it's only when I quickly scrub through large sequences of selects or do a bunch of Next Edit to go to another clip rapidly.

MacOS 10.15.7

iMac late-2020 i9 with 128gb RAM

footage on an external SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines