Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Freeze When lumetri color changes

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Lately, I tried to use Picture Profile and enhance the dynamic range. When I'm uploading a 4k footage I proxy to 720P and edit on that - but when I open the color workspace and go to "Lumetri Scope" and tried to change the shadows\highlights\midtones Adobe freezes the computer....

If you have any ideas for how to fix that I'll be happy!

I tried to delete all workspaces (documents -> Adobe -> Premiere Pro -> 12.0 -> Profile-****) and start Premiere all over again, I think I have tried uninstall also

I have the Dell Inspiron 7577

I7-7700-HQ

16 GB RAM

GeForece GTX 1050 Ti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Hi udijw,

If switching to the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only mode worked, then it could be an issue related to GPU accelerated renderer which is mostly caused due to the driver issues. You may try doing a clean installation of NVIDIA driver and check if that helps.

You may refer to this link to know more on the clean installation of NVIDIA drivers.

Clean installation of Nvidia drivers - Ubisoft Support

Regards,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi udijw,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to switch the video renderer in Premiere to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and then check if it's working. You may refer to this article to know how to switch video renderer in Premiere.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2485451

If switching the video renderer is still not helping, then you may try to reset Premiere preferences and clear the cache files and check if it's working properly. You may refer to these articles to know more on resetting preferences and cleaning cache.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to Software only worked - but I can't work like that.,, I have graphic card for fast things up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi udijw,

If switching to the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only mode worked, then it could be an issue related to GPU accelerated renderer which is mostly caused due to the driver issues. You may try doing a clean installation of NVIDIA driver and check if that helps.

You may refer to this link to know more on the clean installation of NVIDIA drivers.

Clean installation of Nvidia drivers - Ubisoft Support

Regards,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the above comment doesn't help (it sounds iek that could be your problem but IF) --> make sure you have the latest update of premiere. this happened to me a lot when going into color correction one time and i realized it was simply because i didn't have the newest premiere update on my laptop. just make sure everythings up to date inclduing your computer software (MAC- IOS sierra, or whatever you use for PC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi udijw,

Did you get things working with a clean reinstallation of drivers?

Let us know,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to update - reinstalling Nvidia drivers helped for this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

change the playback to 1/2, 1/4or 1/8 if you select 1/8 it will play very smoothly if you select 1/2 it may be some lag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines