• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Just deleted all my gain adjustments on my audio.

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere just deleted all my gain adjustments for a 2 hour and 20 minute cut of a film. THANKS ADOBE!

Now all of my dialogue sits at -3 db and all I did was duplicate a sequence. It makes no sense. Very buggy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Oh well just found out that doesn't matter because after switching the audio effects on and off enough times on the audio track mixer it randomly knocked back down all of my levels after 8 hours of re editing them. You talk about a real pain. This is ridiculous. Moral of the story is do not leave audio effects on the audio track mixer only to turn off and on when really they will just stay on until 8 hours later when you have to go back and re edit all of that sound because of Adobe Premiere. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you make the adjustments?

Are they there in the duplicate or the Original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is a tad confusing because I believe I duplicated the master for a client export and then changed a few things in the client export and then made that the master so I am going to guess it was the duplicate.

You have me nervous now. Is there something I just learned the hard way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well just found out that doesn't matter because after switching the audio effects on and off enough times on the audio track mixer it randomly knocked back down all of my levels after 8 hours of re editing them. You talk about a real pain. This is ridiculous. Moral of the story is do not leave audio effects on the audio track mixer only to turn off and on when really they will just stay on until 8 hours later when you have to go back and re edit all of that sound because of Adobe Premiere. I know this because I was checking my dynamics compressor all day. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The likelihood is this is operator error and nothing to do with Premiere trying to piss you off randomly.

Maybe you have your  Mixer Tracks in Write Mode.

You never said how you made the Level Adjustments?

Did you work at Clip Level, Mixer Level Automated, Clip Mixer, Keyframes in the timeline...???

Not much chance of you getting help without info like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There may have been a misunderstanding. This question was answered as far as I can tell.

Let me be clear:

I made level adjustments in two ways, one, raising volume bar on clips and two, raising or lowering the gain in the gain settings(hotkey "G") on clips. Everything was set to read and yes there were keyframes in the timeline.

Let us go further:

After editing this feature film for a couple of months, I opened the project today with abnormally high levels in the timeline. I knew that I had edited the audio previously, so this obviously raised a brow. I had effects in the audio track mixer on my master track flipping them on and off because it sounded like those effects were on. That did nothing until 8 hours later whilst correcting the first 20 minutes of this, all of a sudden it clicked into place. Don't know why but all of my levels were all of a sudden noticeably lower. I flipped my effects off and on and walla they were working again.

Answer that riddle and I will give you the "correct answer" star.

And believe me, Premiere Pro has deliberately pissed me off at random, multiple times. She is relentless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines