• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere keeps crashing when previewing certain clips, works fine with others

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently editing a 4k timeline. Simple documentary without any effects added. 
Premiere keeps crashing when replaying certain 4k clips. When replaying the specific clips, video starts stuttering and I'm unable to click any more buttons within Premiere. The video keeps playing, but it's just like I'm 'shut out'. Once the specific damaged clips have finished playing and the preview has switched to different clips, controls seem to work again. 
I'd guess that premiere has a problem with these specific clips which is totally illogical and counterintuitive as they're literally interview clips that differ in no way to the other clips in the timeline. (Shot on sony a7iii, 25fps 4k).
I cannot work around these specific clips, I absolutely need to include them in the final product. 
HELP PLEASE. I have a deadline for this video coming up and I'm on a freaking timer.
Fixes I have attempted: Trashing preferences, re-installing, rebooting pc various times. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be interesting to understand your system setup, in particular where the 4K clips are being stored. If you are not running from a fast external drive, it may be that some clips are too heavy for the setup to cope.

With a deadline approaching, I would definitely be exploring ways to reduce the file size so that you can at least get the edit done. A proxy workflow would help here, and depending on the final delivery (for example if the project is not for broadcast) I would try converting some of the problem files to something less intensive on the processor (looking at the camera setup, I am presuming that they are H.264 recordings, which are notoriously processor-heavy to edit due to the high level of compression).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines