New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel i7-6700

16 GB Ram

64-bit Op

Nvidia 1060 3GB

Trying to open a current project, error saying low memory, playback won't work scrolling the timeline and inevitably crashes.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other apps open at the same time? Especially browsers or other photo/video apps?

Before opening PrPro, how much free memory do you have?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Neil.  Thank you for the reply.  I'm not sure how to effectively check on how much free memory there is, but I know that this is a recent issue rather than a reoccurring one.  I make sure to shut all applications down before I begin with Premiere.  This PC handles 4k Editing like a champ, and only recently did I start getting this issue.

What should I check on specifically?  Upon opening Premiere I am showing a 99% usage on both CPU and Memory in task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're at 99% on opening? That's not right.

Maybe @SAFEHABOR11 can pop in or someone with a beter OS knowledge.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, thank you again.

Yeah It's always at 100 percent on a project that has more files in it/older project that has been in the works for about a month now.  I don't know if it just being an older project is having the effect or if having multiple files in it is what's doing it.  I'll say that I am editing in 4k and my computer has been doing a great job of editing it up until now.  Newer projects open up instantly without any issue.  I'm not sure if I'm having a cloud compatibility issue or what it could be.

Anyone else who knows more on this would be really awesome.  I have clients I'm shooting/editing for, so I have to have a working software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If other projects are loading & working fine, just the one ... try dumping the cache & media cache database files, there's a good chance something in there is "smelly" and needs cleaning out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there - I would concur with Neil. Cleaning your media cache seems to always fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Obito_Uchibrah,

Were you able to resolve this issue? Did Neil's suggestion help?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines