Premiere Playback Problem (reverse playback)

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having problem with playback. When I go through material, playback is smooth, but if I want to go to reverse playback (J on keyboard), playback is choppy and unwatchable. Before now I never had that problem 😞 (and it doesn't matter if I edit raw or proxy files).

Premiere that I'm using is 22.4.0 on MacBook Pro, M1 Max, 32GB RAM, 1Tb.

Thank you for all your ideas!

Best regards!

Jan

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with Premiere 22.4.0 on Mac Studio M1 Pro, 32GB RAM, 512 GB.

But I noticed, that problem with reverse playback takes place only when I'm working with clips  XDCAM HD 422 1080i50. 

With another codecs (e.g. Pro Res (HD), H.264 HD), IMX 50 (SD)), everything works fine. Playback is smooth both forward and backward.

Regards, Thomas.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan!

Sorry to hear that. Does it happen on a specific project? Have you tried deleting cache files? Also, let us know the source of the media files.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

most of the projects that I'm working on at the moment are 1080p25. Proxy files that are ProRes422LT works fine (also files for Arry Alexa (ProRes4444 4K)) problem starts with H264 MP(4), 1080, 25fps. I thought that perhaps some plugins were the problem, so today I formated MacBook Pro and started from scratch, installed Adobe CC, but problem is the same. So I'm guessing that the latest Premiere has same issues with H264. Performance of my mac is perfect. Scrolling through material is perfect (even in 6K Red Raw). Just when I press J to go reverse playback or if I change the speed of the clip to reverse, playback is unwatchable.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information. Could you provide sample files to test? You can upload them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Let us know.

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines