• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 15.4 breaking plugins

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 15.4 on several systems, and it looks like it is causing problems with various plugins. Already heard some people talking about issues with Red Giant, but I'm having issues with my own plugin as well.

On launch, the plugin looks like it starts to load, but nothing shows up in the panel itself. And if I close the panel and re-launch it, I don't even get the plugin panel to come up until I close and restart Premiere Pro.

Tried taking out pretty much everything in my index.html file except a single text field, but still nothing. So I think it has something to do with a change to what is needed in the manifest file perhaps? What is odd is that it seems to load just fine on my M1 Macbook, but not on my desktop PC.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

It isn't PrPro that isn't working. You need to update your Red Giant Universe application manager via the Red Giant Application manager.

Then it all works with 15.4 as you expect.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Update on this: turns out it was because Premiere Pro (and After Effects) moved to CEP 11. Shoudln't affect packaged plugins, but since I am doing development, I had to get into the registry and add a "PlayerDebugMode" key under CSXS.11 .

So, no issue with Premiere Pro, I just wasn't aware that Ae and Pr moved to CEP11 with this latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I think you mean (JavaScript-based) extensions, not (C++-based) plug-ins...correct?

We've tested numerous internal and 3rd party extensions in 15.4, without issue, but if you could send me your extension directly, we'd be happy to investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, some good news: Apparently, your panel doesn't fail to load in 15.4, on all systems: 

works.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the message.

Edit: appears the application manager needs to be updated. See Neil's response. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Existing extensions should continue to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UUUUUhhhhhh how do you upgrade the application manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure which application manager you mean...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with plugins should ALWAYS check with the plugin maker for updates when they update PrPro. Period.

For those with RedGiant/Maxxon plugins, you need to update via your RedGiant/Maxxon Application manager, and then all is well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't ALWAYS need to. It's pretty easy to update PP, check if things work and then roll back to an earlier version if they don't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ... if you don't mind finding out when it doesn't work, hey, that's fine.

I like to just have things work when I get started ... so if I do update PrPro/Ae/Resolve, I do always check for updates for plugins before starting the app. So like, this morning, my RedGiant stuff was all available immediately as I sat down to work.

So  ... no, you don't have to ... but it might be a wise thing to check ...  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update breaks Maxon/Red Giant Universe plugin compatibility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Dave.

Edit: appears the Maxon - Red Giant application manager needs to be updated. See Neil's response. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, but haven't heard back yet. Should have mentioned that this issue is with Big Sur, but Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't PrPro that isn't working. You need to update your Red Giant Universe application manager via the Red Giant Application manager.

Then it all works with 15.4 as you expect.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried updating Universe, but that did not do the trick. On Big Sur 11.4 btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system, the RedGiant app manager showed an update available. I did it ... then told it to check for updates. It then showed a new update, which I installed. So ... perhaps tell it to call home again.

Also ... dump your cache files in Premiere after you've run the update process with a plugin manager. Then relaunch PrPro, see if it works.

If it doesn't, check with RedGiant/Maxxon is I would guess the next bet.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that as well, but no dice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close PrPro. Dump your PrPro cache/cache database files. Run the RedGiant/Maxxon app manager again, and tell it to check for updates ... mine only got the last one after I did that.

Then when the RedGiant/Maxxon manager can't find an update, try PrPro again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleared all caches, uninstalled all of RG software. Installed fresh Maxon App Manager and Universe 4.0.1 and the RG effects still do not show up in PP. On the PP loading screen I do see the plugins being scanned which is odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely odd. Premiere and Ae went to an udpated ... format? ... code style? ... basis for such things as is explained elsewhere. So that's why the updates are needed for some plugins.

But after updating, they should properly work, and it's a real pain that yours aren't! On my rig, all my RG bins of effects are showing in the Effects panel, and usable. So ... wish I could puzzle out the hangup for your system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point it seems like a Maxon issue since their application manager software is pretty garage overall. Just surprised others aren't having similar issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Sorry about that. Have you tried a fresh project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that as well, but the plugins don't show up in the Effects tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on this: turns out it was because Premiere Pro (and After Effects) moved to CEP 11. Shoudln't affect packaged plugins, but since I am doing development, I had to get into the registry and add a "PlayerDebugMode" key under CSXS.11 .

So, no issue with Premiere Pro, I just wasn't aware that Ae and Pr moved to CEP11 with this latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution! I was experiencing the same thing for our internal extension (in development mode) and this resolved the issue for us as well.

Also: Make sure your extension is running NodeJS version 15.9.0 or higher, as mentioned here on Adobe's CEP Resources page.

1. Update the Node Modules: CEP 11 works with NodeJS 15.9.0 and Node-WebKit 0.50.1 versions.

If extensions were build on older version of NodeJS there can be cases where these extensions may not load in CEP 11 due to incompatible node modules.

In such cases, the node modules need to be updated using NodeJS version 15.9.0 or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines