• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2018 constantly crashing

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to 2018 and it keeps crashing. Completely random but enough for it to drive me up the wall.

Windows 10

Dell XPS 15 4K - intel i7 7th gen - 32 gb ram

Editing GH5 10bit FHD long GOP clips, Mavic drone and GoPro .mov and .mp4

No other apps open

Tried both CUDA and software only

Cache files deleted

Only once has it come back with a crash report (I was using legacy titles) and it sent me to a completely random forum thread. The rest of the time it just hangs in the middle of an action, which could be anything from slicing a clip to changing the tool. In a ten hour day it crashes at least ten times. Sometimes after  opening the package after crashing it crashes again immediately, but sometimes not.

Whilst I've been having problems with Premiere Pro running properly on my XPS, it didn't crash like this in version 2017. This is new to 2018.

Anything else I can add to assist with bug-testing?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Been offline since my last post until recently but many of my problems have been resolved by the latest version that came out a week or two ago. Pr is not crashing anymore, in particular when trimming clips, which would almost guarantee a crash.

The other thing I did was buy an external SSD (Samsung T5) and this has helped significantly.

Pr is still slowing down when I start layering multiple 10 bit or 4K files. One strategy I'm using is to do adjustment layers and text last because they really sl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Totally random, I can have the programme open for hours without using it. Then it just suddenly crashes! Media Encoder is the same. It's a disgrace every time we upgrade we are literally testers because Adobe cannot be bothered to test the release fully.

Ive reinstalled, made sure all plug ins are updated, my OS is up to date, Ive cleared caches etc.

Model Name: iMac

Model

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM171.0110.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.34f2

Serial Number (system): DGKQK07KGQ17

Hardware UUID: F6EA9670-BC8D-5004-9230-289167804462

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super frustrating - I have never had issues until now.

When using Lumetri - I get maybe a couple of shots to play with the various settings before it decides to lock in my exposure and faded film way up... which I hate and never use.

I try to remove the adjustment layers and go again... and it freezes.

Then I have to reboot because nothing ever happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having crash issues using audio effects mostly the Dynamics Processing. And why is the Dynamics effect in the main audio effects folder AND in the obsolete folder? I started using this effect for a quick compression when things went totally south 2 days ago. I deleted the effect off of all my clips and all was well until I started using Dynamics Processing effect. Upon startup my splash screen still gives me a window saying that I have an obsolete effect in my project even after I hand picked and deleted  ALL the "obsolete" but not really obsolete Dynamics effect from my timelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, no response then? Can someone tell me if this is normal or am I posting this in the wrong place? I would appreciate some help on this and I'm kinda getting frustrated with this constant crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround I have found is to re-install PP 2017, export my project from PP 2018 (as a Final Cut XML) and go back to using PP 2017.

I've been becoming a tad disillusioned by Adobe's PP updates over the last couple of years, this one seems the worst (crashes a lot, sometimes loads the project/often doesn't, uses heaps of RAM for no particular reason).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting constant crashing with 2018.  Most logs return either adobe backend framework issues for RED Cuda issues in the crash threads details like this:

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   com.adobe.Backend.framework   0x0000000104d17824 BE::Transaction::~Transaction() + 68

1   com.adobe.Backend.framework   0x0000000104d280b5 BE::UndoStack::DropActionsAsNecessary(unsigned int) + 101

2   com.adobe.Backend.framework   0x0000000104d281b3 BE::UndoStack::AddEntry(BE::UndoItem const&) + 227

3   com.adobe.Backend.framework   0x0000000104ca8c70 BE::Executor::Execute(ASL::InterfaceRef<BE::IAction, BE::IAction>, ASL::InterfaceRef<BE::IProperties, BE::IProperties>, ASL::InterfaceRef<BE::IUndoStack, BE::IUndoStack>, bool) + 1440

Regardless of what the issues are.... 2018 is completely untrustworthy compared to 2017... it's a liability right now and since you can't save as 2017 (really Adobe?) you're hosed if you're deep in a project.

I'm about to move my current project to Resolve via XML.... can't use this garbage release until it's fixed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Similar issues.  Now I cannot even open Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more BS:

0   com.adobe.Backend.framework    0x0000000104d17824 BE::Transaction::~Transaction() + 68

1   com.adobe.Backend.framework    0x0000000104d280b5 BE::UndoStack::DropActionsAsNecessary(unsigned int) + 101

2   com.adobe.Backend.framework    0x0000000104d281b3 BE::UndoStack::AddEntry(BE::UndoItem const&) + 227

3   com.adobe.Backend.framework    0x0000000104ca8c70 BE::Executor::Execute(ASL::InterfaceRef<BE::IAction, BE::IAction>, ASL::InterfaceRef<BE::IProperties, BE::IProperties>, ASL::InterfaceRef<BE::IUndoStack, BE::IUndoStack>, bool) + 1440

I CAN'T WORK!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brandon, can you get Premiere Pro to open for you?  I can't since yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now yes... it opens.  I just can't do anything for more than 3 min without it crashing.

more....

0   com.adobe.dvaui.framework      0x0000000100a26336 dvaui::drawbot::OSSurfaceInterface::~OSSurfaceInterface() + 150

1   com.adobe.dvaui.framework      0x0000000100a26475 dvaui::drawbot::OSSurfaceInterface::~OSSurfaceInterface() + 21

2   com.adobe.dvaui.framework      0x00000001008255d7 dvaui::controls::UI_DisclosureTriangleButton::~UI_DisclosureTriangleButton() + 199

3   com.adobe.UIFramework.framework 0x000000010dbe4035 UIF::DisclosureTriangleImpl::~DisclosureTriangleImpl() + 21

4   com.adobe.UIFramework.framework 0x000000010dbe3434 UIF::DisclosureTriangle::Destroy() + 52

5   com.adobe.HSL.framework        0x00000001122d6ad2 HSL::ParameterCache::ReturnDisclosure(UIF::DisclosureTriangle*) + 18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try open CL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on LIVE chat now with an Adobe technical assistant trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do what I did to get my issue resolved:  get in touch with an Adobe technical assistant on their LIVE chat.  My issue was successfully resolved this afternoon talking live with an Adobe technical assistant and my Adobe Premiere Pro CC is up and operational again!  They can troubleshoot the problems with you and/or remote view/control in to help fix the problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the next step. Unfortunately I'm in Malaysia (big time difference) on a poor connection (remote assistance not possible), so I was looking for an alternative solution until I can get better connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They suck.  Everyone who's been on Adobe long enough knows all the trouble shooting steps.  Wasted 3 hours of my time and then told me it was my plugins and refused to file a bug report.  Awful at their jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MCDC Any chance you could give us an idea of what you did to fix it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, what he did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue here: premier cannot play video in any mode, all the boxes with setting get off-centred and crashes after minor adjustments or simply does not respond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Premiere pro CC 17 was running well until the introduced this update and the story began here!
I'm using a Mac book pro with the following features:

MacBook Pro: (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

processor:  2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

The first time it happened was when I was trying to render a file that was linked to after effect, but it used to crash before it finishes the render( To be honest all three apps couldn't render that file especially when it reaches to the compiling par, I mean by three; premiere pro, after effects and media encoder, and I had to split the audio from the video, render them separately, combine them in premiere and finally render them again in premiere pro). The second time I had this issue was after I used one of the titles provided in the essential graphics, which had a 3d effect. At that time whenever I open or play the video the program will crash until I managed to remove the effect. Recently, I added some luts to the creative section in the lumetry color panel and that's when things got really disturbing. whenever I open the lumetry and try to browse the Luts in creative, it allows me to go through few luts, the number varies from time to time, then premiere pro would freeze and ends up with a crash. Not to mention that lately these unexplained and unacceptable issues have developed into a random crashes from time to another even if I was just importing files or splitting sequences.

These issues are making my work a lot harder and is just driving me nuts! we have enough issues to deal with in real life ADOBE and we REALLY NEED A SOLUTION FOR THIS!

Below is a sample of one of the errors that I have, all I did was browsing few luts then I received this message, after that the "Look" froze and then premiere pro stopped functioning.

A low-level exceotion occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11)

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 4.47.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be the worst I've seen it.

If I try and import something - it crashes

If I try and save over a previous copy - it crashes

If I scrub too fast through the timeline - it crashes

Seriously frustrating it takes Adobe so long to get to a stable version after they roll out new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke6960 - wish they would make sure the software is stable/working BEFORE releasing an update.  Six monthly updates are all well and good but not if the software is unusable as a result!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, what was solved yesterday by an Adobe technician was short-lived.  Yesterday afternoon, I began editing another short video feature.  This morning, my work is at another stand still as Premiere Pro CC (2018) will not open at all.  So, back to the same issue all over again and no video productions getting completed.  Does this mean I have to contact Adobe Live Chat technical assistance all over again?  Probably, but, I'll have to first consult with my IT guy because my computer is starting to have other issues and I hope it is not linked to yesterday's troubleshooting session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a similar problem.

On my Windows PC I can not save the project and can not import any new files. Premiere always freezes and I have to kill it with the TM.

On my mac I do not encounter these problems.

Seems like the freezes always happen when the Windows Explorer is being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling CUDA has solved my crashing and support is telling me the suspect a bug related to 2018 integration with CUDA/NVIDIA.

I am running OpenCL now but they are suggesting I use Metal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines