• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024.0 Not Transcribing source clips.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2024.0 Not Transcribing source clips.In the transcript window when you click transcribe it attempts to then fails

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

It's working fine now. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Thank you for your feedback!

Can you please uninstall Premiere Pro and then open the folder where Premiere Pro was installed before (e.g. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024) and make sure the folder is empty - if not delete everything in it.
Then re-instal Premiere Pro - this should make sure all language packs are re-applied in a clean way.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback!

Can you please uninstall Premiere Pro and then open the folder where Premiere Pro was installed before (e.g. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024) and make sure the folder is empty - if not delete everything in it.
Then re-instal Premiere Pro - this should make sure all language packs are re-applied in a clean way.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried this and it still doesn't work. I also upgraded to version 25. Thanks and let me know if you have more ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I stand corrected. I found another 2 versions on my computers under differnt folders. I had to get rid of all of them and not it seems to be working when I reinstalled the last version (25). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander
I did a clean re-install and the transcription window could not detect audio dialogue in the clip(it was a straight well mic’d intvw) and wouldn’t attempt a transcription.
I did a complete de-install of 2024 and re-install 23.5 and that’s working fine
Noah

MBP 13” M1,2020
Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

Noah Brookoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this - transcription has gone to hell in a handcart in prem 24 on mac sonoma...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. Transcription is working for us internally under MacOS Sonoma with M1 Laptops - so I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Can you send me a screen recording of the error you are seeing and could I get access to the specific source clip you are using to see if is in any way related to the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to us - it seems to work on some clips and not others. When it doesn't work, you click Transcribe for timeline clips and for 1s it looks like it might, then it just reverts to the Transcribe button. If you click Transcribe Source, the create transcription dialog appears but it doesn't do anything. I'm on an M1 Pro macbook pro running sonoma. I've also had the transcription tab crash and need closing and reopening, although it won't do it now so i can take a screengrab...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it - that is good to know that it works on some clips but not on others. Any way you can send me the clip it's failing on via PM? Can you check if you run into the same issues with "Auto Language Detection" disabled (Preferences -> Transcription). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've got auto transcribe and auto language detection disabled anyhow. the clip its failing on is an 11gb MXF, not sure i can send that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the rights to send the clip and can upload it somewhere I am happy to download it and take a look on what's failing. MXF makes me think it might have something to do with channelization of the clip. But I'd need to take a look to make sure. Could you eventually trim the clip to a shorter version? If transcription is failing - a 15 second clip might already be sufficient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok will export a section - in the meantime here's the Transcription crashScreenshot 2023-10-12 at 20.12.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried on multiple clips both mxf files with just 1 channel of audio and .mov files
Noah

Sent from my iPhone
Noah Brookoff
Flashpoint Prods Inc
noahbrookoff@comcast.net
Cell (781)710-2841

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regarding the above crash in the text panel - this is already fixed in the current beta.
workaround for this would be enabling auto transcription as it may happen when there are untrascribed segments on your sequence that and not in progress between already transcribed ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got back from Adobe Max and was very excited to utilize text based editing. Updated to Premiere Pro 2024 only to find the blue transcribe button does not show. Now I have to use 2023 to transcribe. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wcole90, a screenshot would help us troubleshoot this.

You can keep both PR 2023 and PR 2024 installed. Start a new test project in PR 2024 and post a screenshot. Note that PR 2024 is a new project file version, so you cannot open project files saved in 24 in PR 2023.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. I'm using a windows 11 laptop. I need transcription for an hour clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took my MXF clip and transcoded it to H264. Has no problems transcribing the H264 clip. Looks like it might be an MXF file issue. 

chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the same issue with .mxf files. Just re-installed 23.6. Hopefully a future update resolves this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. Footage shot on Sony FX9 with XAVC codec and in the MXF wrapper. Used to work fine. This latest release, no longer transcribes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

todays beta received an update specifically for handling mxf files with multiple audio - please let us know if this resolves any remaining issues for you!

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alexander-riss,

Excellent! I was just going to do some further tests. The update available at this moment moves to 24.2. That alone is exciting. It is 24.2.0 Build 1. Should that have the changes?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my current BETA version is 24.1.0.77

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just checked the Premier Pro Beta 24.2
I loaded the XDCAM EX file(BPAV parent folder) and it did transcribe.Yayyyy.
Premier Pro did not recognize Source Time Code-and it didn’t in the last 2023 Build -Ugghhhh

I checked it in Final Cut Pro and DaVinici Resolve and they both recognized Source Time Code (Very Important ! )

On a 2020 13” M1 MBP MacOS Sonoma 14.0 (Pro Video formats installed)

Then I checked it on a Sony XDCAM HD file (XDROOT) parent folder
And it COULD NOT TRANSCRIBE  the file-But it did recognize the Source Time Code

Best
Noah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alexander-riss, I tested Beta 24.2.0.1.

A 4 channel mono FX6 mxf clip that did not transcribe in PR 24 and caused various issues in Beta 24.1.0.x, transcribes correctly using Right-click -> Transcribe.

However, in PR Release 24.0.0 and Beta, using Auto-transcribe on clips recognized by PR as multichannel, results in their being transcribed using Mixdown. That is a mess! lol.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines