• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024.0 Not Transcribing source clips.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2024.0 Not Transcribing source clips.In the transcript window when you click transcribe it attempts to then fails

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

It's working fine now. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Thank you for your feedback!

Can you please uninstall Premiere Pro and then open the folder where Premiere Pro was installed before (e.g. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024) and make sure the folder is empty - if not delete everything in it.
Then re-instal Premiere Pro - this should make sure all language packs are re-applied in a clean way.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Stan Jones ,

yes currently the auto transcription will choose mixdown for multi channel clips by default and would require a manual (right click transcribe) to select the correct channel. 
Would you see this as a global setting to e.g. be able to select channel1 over mix down by default?

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alexander-riss,

Fabulous progress on the transcription options.

> Would you see this as a global setting to e.g. be able to select channel1 over mix down by default?

My first thought has been that most users with multiple channels either want channel one or some other channel, never a mix. But it is true that the mix gets a good transcription as long as there is little overlap of dialogue on multiple channels. But a camera operator mike on one channel will ruin a mix.

Choices/Global settings are always a good way to make this more flexible. I saw the challenge as whether autotranscription could be made to work with multichannel material.

If autotranscription won't work, I'd want a method for selecting multiple files for manual transcription that allowed control over which channel to use. Currently, even identical clips don't have the channel option.

Bonus question:

In my tests using autotranscription set to "all imported files," upon import the transcription was instantaneous. How is that possible? With every test set, I was resetting preferences, clearing cache, and creating a new project. The transcript data is still in the project file.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a similar issue. After updating from Premiere Pro 23.6 to 24.0 on a Windows 11 system, it won't transcribe my Sony FX9 (UHD XAVC clip in MXF containter with 8 channels audio) anymore, while it works fine in the previous version. Also on a complete new PC, with fresh installed Windows and drivers, transcibing source clips wil not work in Premiere Pro 24.0 (specs PC below).

Issue: when I click transcibe source clip (in Text Panel, or in Project Panel) nothing happens. I can click as many times I like, but there is completaly no response. The buttons are not grayed out, so I seem to have the option.

And this is interesting: Transscibing other soucre clips (like mp4 video, wav of mp3 audio) does work. Also older Sony XAVC files, shot with a Sony FS7 camera do also work. Also the Generate Static Transcribt function with the Sony FX9 source files in it, is also working. It starts to render audio, which it then transscibes. 

Conclusion: something goes wrong with Sony XAVC files, shot with a Sony FX9 camera. Similar files (also MXF with 8 channels PCM audio) shot with a Sony FS7 camera are just working fine. I hope you can reproduce this, and find the issue, because I do like this feature. 

Additional information: Channel layout as I found in the XML files of the camera:
<AudioFormat numOfChannel="8">
<AudioRecPort port="DIGITAL-WRR" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH1"/>
<AudioRecPort port="DIRECT" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH2"/>
<AudioRecPort port="DIRECT" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH3"/>
<AudioRecPort port="DIRECT" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH4"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH5"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH6"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH7"/>
<AudioRecPort port="OTHERS" audioCodec="LPCM24" trackDst="CH8"/>

Is that "DIGITAL-WRR causing the issue?

Specs of my PC:
Windows 11 Pro build 22621.2506 Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
RAM-geheugen 64,0 GB (63,8 GB beschikbaar)
Mainboard Gigabyte Z790 AORUS ELITE AX
Video Intel UHD Graphics 770 ánd NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
SDI output BlackMagic Decklink 4K Extreme with 12.7.1 driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, any idea when this will be committed to the main build? Don't really want to run the Beta on active projects. Cheers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Transcriptions are no longer working.  a perfect sounding interview and it can't find the track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me, I deselected 'automatically transcribe clips' in preferences and it worked after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pakeeza,

Thanks for posting. The file you are trying to transcribe is not .mp4, but a .ts (transport stream). I just tested and was able to transcribe a simple file in both .ts and .mts files. But transport streams come in many flavors, but I suspect that is why it does not complete transcribing as a source clip.

You use the workaround of creating a static transcription of the sequence. That works for clips with single-track audio, and many files that don't have overlapping dialogue on multiple audio tracks, but some of the users in this thread have mxf files that have problems even with static transcription.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Valentina Vee's tutorial after installing Premiere 2024.0 and even her example clips do not work in clip transcribe mode,  though the same clips are instantly transcribed when you switch over to transcribe sequence mode. The error displayed is No Dialogue Found. This is problematic as the whole point of the tutorial is to learn how to edit with text using Clip Transcribe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround:

I'm using v24.0.3 to avoid the morph issues with v24.3. Too get .mxf files to transcribe, I created a new small project in PP 23.6.4 (still installed on my system) and did the transcription easily there. Then I imported the clips into via Media Browser back into the 24.0.3 project with the transcription intact. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The problem started when upgrading to 24 and also tried 24 beta. Still no dice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to load the clip in the Source Monitor, then it works perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @noah25558464vd62,

Are you still experiencing this issue with the current version of Premiere Pro (24.4.1)? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine now. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines