• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.6.1 black screen on attempt to load project

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I've updated to Premiere Pro 22.6.1, when the program loads up everything looks fine.  But when I actually click on a project to load up, the screen just remains blank.  Please help!  Here's some screen shots:

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

I installed 22.6.1 this morning, it gave the problem everyone is talking about here, so I rolled back to 22.5. Then left my office. I just got back an hour ago and saw sebrame's post and upgraded to 22.6.2 and the issue appears fixed. 😊👍

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a driver or GFX issue. This a bug from the withdrwn 22.6. They simply havent fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I have the current Studio driver for my card(516.94). I'm going to try reverting back to 516.93, but that doesn't really seem like it's going to help since I've been using 516.94 for a month w/o issue.

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA-CF
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
32GB RAM (6GB reserved for other)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (516.94)
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (21H2)(Build 19044.1889)
Adobe Premiere Pro - 22.4

C Drive - 256GB NVMe M.2 (OS and Programs)
D Drive - 2TB NVMe M.2 (Media and Previews)
E Drive - 512GB NVMe M.2 (Media Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No a GFX or driver issue. Do not waste your time. Its a developer issue because they keep messing with layouts and other irrelevant stuff. They have messed it up yet again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always delete the media cache with every update.

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of that and it makes not diffrence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same issue and it was driving me INSANE.  I think it might have something to do with workspaces not loading - all of mine were greyed out, and that bar across the top was missing.

I trashed preferences, media cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, updated and rolled back graphics driver.

Eventually I just opened PP, and created a new project.  That's it.  Just create a new project and it forced everything to reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around is to create a new empty project and save it and open it before you open an existing project. Old projects will open normally once the new project has been opened. BUT. You have to do this every time you open that project even after saving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that or I'll open up a old PR Rush session and piggyback several Premier sessions off of it. Seems like once you save any of the open sessions, nothing else will open up and you have to start the process all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried that and im afraid it did not resolve the issue for me...when I tried it opened a new panel for that project..I can get a project open but it shows the panels not attached...and workspace selections are still greyed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. This was happening to me too after the normal clearing of Media cache, preferences drivers etc. I fixed it by first openning a blank new project. This for some reason brings the workspaces back. Then openning regular project/productions works again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is dangerous to update against the background of such events. So far, version 22.5 is the best of version 22.

I don't want to jump into a buggy update. Or am I wrong? If so, correct it. Maybe it's not a massive problem in the black screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Prob over here, no workspace available (greyed out), you cannonly open loose windows.

After 2 hour of fighting with a difficult and veeeeery slow reinstallation I fixed it by downgrading to 22.5
I will try the following proposed solutions:
- start with a blank new project to bring the workspaces back
(thx to Adam5C21 and to JMazzoAV for thi amazing simple idea,  I will give feedback if it really worked)
Best greets to everyone. You're awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here's my feedback of my try and errors.

Ok  after going back to 22.5 everything was finde and the workspaces back.
After finishing my last project I update to 22.6 and my steps were these:
Open PP
Open NEW blank project (dont duplicate any old ones, you will delete this blank project anyway after this is solved)
Workspaces are back.

Thx for helping out everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK here's my fix

1. Make new empty project and save it.

2. Go to File, Import and select a previous project you wish to open.

3. In the import project dialogue box, select 'entire project'.

4. Project will open properly.

5. Save the current project with a new name

Project will now reopen each time without issue

Incredible that after weeks and a whole new increment Adobe have failed to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Workspaces greyed out in 22.6.1.
Back to 22.5 yesterday. But now I have read the workaround of the blank project, Think I'm going to try that.
But Adobe... any spare time to fix this?

Best regards, Chris. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Workspaces greyed out in 22.6.1.
Back to 22.5 yesterday. But now I have read the workaround of the blank project, Think I'm going to try that.
But Adobe... any spare time to fix this?

Best regards, Chris. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my workaround

3, In the import project dialogue box, select 'entire project'.

5 Save the current project with a new name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't BELIEVE this is happening to me this morning.    I have a — of work to do, and this is the — I receive from Adobe for daring to do a product update.   Is there ANY QA testing before they release this unusable garbage?   No wonder the industry uses Final Cut.    Why do I keep punishing myself with Adobe subscriptions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this is the 2nd time for this release. It was released a few weeks ago, then quickly removed due to issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works and is a full workaround. I came up with this myself this morning. I hope it works for you

3, In the import project dialogue box, select 'entire project'.

5 Save the current project with a new name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great workaround.    Another workaround is for Adobe to stop with the broken releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was working for me. I have tried everything everyone is saying but nothing works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave 26.1 a try and got the same issues as described here, even after deleting the cache, etc. So, I just rolled back. (There's a preference in Creative Cloud that allows you to see a few versions back, make sure you have that checked) and then just reinstall 22.5. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines