• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.6.1 black screen on attempt to load project

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I've updated to Premiere Pro 22.6.1, when the program loads up everything looks fine.  But when I actually click on a project to load up, the screen just remains blank.  Please help!  Here's some screen shots:

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

I installed 22.6.1 this morning, it gave the problem everyone is talking about here, so I rolled back to 22.5. Then left my office. I just got back an hour ago and saw sebrame's post and upgraded to 22.6.2 and the issue appears fixed. 😊👍

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Rolling back to 22.5 was the only thing that would solve it. I tried importing a project into a new blank project in 22.6 but that only worked on the following open. After that, the issue returned on subsequent opens of the project. I tried deleting all caches and previews as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems as everyone else with version 22.6.1. I use prouctions, I have to create an empty project, to then be able to open the different production projects. If I change production I make a new empty project and same scenario. Thank you Adobe for fixing this problem as soon as possible. It's not very serious...

Cristian Goubier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.6.2 is working for me. Thanks you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that 22.6.2 just dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 22.6.2 update still has the same problem. Fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neomusica,

Sorry. Try Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout. Does it work now? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 22.6.1 this morning, it gave the problem everyone is talking about here, so I rolled back to 22.5. Then left my office. I just got back an hour ago and saw sebrame's post and upgraded to 22.6.2 and the issue appears fixed. 😊👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that 22.6.2 works for you. Didn't for me, so I'm back to 22.5. Gotta love a company that charges you to work for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERSION 22.6.2 HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED YET. DON'T MISLEAD PEOPLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERSION 22.6.2 HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED YET. DON'T MISLEAD PEOPLE.

By @Baffy19

It has been released.  There is usually a staggered release, so everybody may not see it immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come even 6.1  doesn't appeared at
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

am I looking at the wrong info page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy Baffy, Easy... it's all going to work out. Besides, where did you think I found it. Take a breath mate...

<<VERSION 22.6.2 HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED YET. DON'T MISLEAD PEOPLE.>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. the same thing happens to me today with 22.6.1 - this is very serious issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disgusted with Adobe, after 10 years of support from me. I built my entire business with Premiere and After Effects. These last 3 years have been the sharpest decline in quality I have ever seen. I do not know how much longer I can take this. The constant troubleshooting, the complete lack of care, the features no one ever asked for, the non-stop crashing. I think this might be the final straw, I am so fed up with this company. They do not care about their customers, that is apparent in their decisions. DaVinci Resolve, looks like you're up to bat. I hope everyone starts to exodus away from Adobe. Spending 3 hours troubleshooting why the project I started last night will not open is the biggest waste of time and it happens every month. Adobe, thanks for everything and from the bottom of my heart, I pray this companies upper management is fired and replaced with people who actually use their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have a control surface attached? If so, see if disconnecting it or uninstalling its software might help to workaround the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, Richard. Try Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout. What happens?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a blank screen when attempting to load a project.. This is not the first time I have had problems with a new Premiere Pro update. The only solution worth using for me is not to update to 22.6.1 and stay with 22.5 until Adobe has a fixed update. One reply said they updated to 22.6.2 but that update is not available to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And fix it Adobe did with vertions 22.6.2 which I downloaded and installed this morning. Thank you Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a black screen after updating to Pr 22.6.1. This is not the first time that I have had an update to Pr fail. The only solution is to stay with 22.5 until Adobe released another update. I do not have access to 22.6.2 as one reply suggests. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just gave 22.6.2 another try, and this time it's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 22.6.2 update still has the same problem. Fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines