Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 22.6.2 BUGGY!

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 8 core 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

So I'm using Premiere Pro for over a year and decided to upgrade few days ago to 22.6.2. It's unusable and buggy. Any addition like titles, shapes and other tools are making the video preview go black and Premiere becomes unresponsive. I never had issues like that with the previous version (2020?) and it's unusable in the current release. Is it normal? What can I do to resume normal work, I already lost a day trying to install/uninstall it and checking the different settings but nothing helped. 

Also I'm usually using full preview, but even going to 1/4 quality is no help, the resource monitor also is open and I'm having free memory... 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switched back to 15.4.5 - replicated the steps and absolutely no issues. Type tool, rectangle used and replay still going as it should. And obviously not crashing the Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan  ... your attention?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More updates... Switched between 22.4 (I've chosen some random older stable version) and 22.6.2.
22.4 works without issues as well, 22.6.2 is still buggy - same project. I guess I'll stay on this version, for now, I just wish your QA team do this job pre-release instead of me 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bartłomiej,

Sorry. Try choosing File > Close All Projects. Then choose Preferences > Media Cache and delete not only the media cache but ALL media cache, including the current cache. You can also try resetting Preferences. If the existing project is still misbehaving, try a new project. How is the new project behaving?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several million users of PrPro. So the variability "out in the wild" is beyond belief.

The devs are as one would expect pretty much a Mac crowd, some proud of how long they can make a trash can work, some proud to always have the newest Macbook & desktop. They also work on PCs thankfully, for those like me who've never owned an Apple product in their life.

And from meeting many, all of the devs are  passionate editors for their own personal work. They all use Premiere themselves, on their Mac gear. Some even on PCs!

So ... they've got all the newest Mac kit guaranteed, and are using it besides developing on it. And they haven't seen the issue on their gear.

Their beta program seems to be pretty much if not all public at this time ... you can go to the Creative Cloud Desktop app, to the beta tab, and download the public beta alongside your 'shipping' version. I do suggest all other users do so.

That is now at version 23, which will be released sometime over the next couple months. Their practice the last four years seems to have been release of the new "year" major version for their Adobe MAX conference. That's coming up the end of the month.

So ... we might get 2023 as the 'shipping' version then. But they'll still have new builds for testing in the Public Beta section.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines