• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 24.4.1 keeps crashing

Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to the newest version of Premiere Pro (24.4.1), it continuously crashes. It happens when I try to do pretty much anything on any project.

I tried:

- deleting media cache folder

- deleting and reinstalling entire application

- reverting to previous version of Premiere

- creating a new project and importing existing project into it

Nothing works! I use this for my job and need it to be fixed ASAP so I can actually do my work.

Here's what I'm running it on:
Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-Core Processor 3.79 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Device ID 60128F8A-2A6F-41D3-B09D-9C693AD67935
Product ID 00330-71290-00002-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎2022-‎09-‎21
OS build 22631.3593
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

I just did a live chat with Adobe Support and the only solution they ended up finding was to revert to version 24.0. They said they'll pass along the error and information to their engineering department and have it fixed for 24.4.2 (the next update).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

@pifl19895763 If you open Creative Cloud, then go to your Apps, select the ellipsis (three dots) beside Premire Pro, select "Other Versions," and then select 24.0 and install. It should just confirm that doing this will remove the current version. You then just have to make sure you don't accidentally update your app before 24.4.2 comes out, which I'm told should have the fix as part of that release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Hi Josh, 

You say 'pretty much anything'; can you make a new empty project in PPro, without crashing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Glad that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you do this ? i have the same problem (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this as well. It initially worked, maybe for an hour or so, and then it just went right back to crashing when editing a project. It isn't quite as frequent, but it is still often enough to be annoying and make me lose some progress, even when saving continuously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue 24.1.1 is unusable. I have gone back to  24.2.1 and so far seems fairly stable. I need to send Adobe an invoice for my wasted time. Does anyone know where I can send it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had hoped that would work for me as well, but alas, it was not the case. Fun times . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same issue here with any MXF Canon C70 files. Crashes every 2mn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro I update every update and without fail will have to always revert back to 24.2.1 as it’s the only stable version that works for me. Zero crashes, ZERO.  And I use it for paid work every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to jinx my own problem but reverting to V24 (with a project started in 24.4.1) seems to have fixed the issue for me. Yesterday was very frustrating with a crash without warning every 2 minutes.

Previosuly I'd tried:

• Resetting preferences
  • Reinstalling my (then) current version
  • Changing the playback to software only
  • Changing the location of my data
  • Removing plugins
  • And more 'fixes' that I can't recall.

V24.0 has been okay for 3 hours today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V24 works for me with virtually no problems. Even with the newest update that was just released, I still experience crashes when working with MXF files. I had to revert to V24 again. Hopefully they'll fix it at some point . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Premiere Pro version 24.5 keeps crashing/freezing on my MBP OS-Sonoma. I have been seeing this similar issues online for a lot of Premiere Editors. Anyone here facing the same issue? Any info from Adobe about solving this? These are some images appeared before it crashed. Sometimes it just hangs and I had to turn off the system and reboot it also.Here are some screenshots!Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 4.19.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-10 at 4.24.52 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-13 at 4.04.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines