• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro - Auto Transcription Does Not Work - Creating Auto Transcription Stuck Loading Forever

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as title says, the transcription bar will never finish. With 22.5 its not stuck on downloading language pack. On 22.2-22.4 It gets stuck on creating auto transcription; it never finishes. Would could be the issue? I can't get it to work with any clip on any 22.2-22.5

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

as a next step we need to rule out a corruption in your Premiere Pro installation - please uninstall Premiere Pro and then open the folder where Premiere Pro was installed before (e.g. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2023) and make sure the folder is empty - if not delete everything in it.
Re-instal Premiere Pro - this should make sure all language packs are re-applied in a clean way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have find a solution ?

i have th same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as well. Not sure what went wrong here. 

Michael27001335pa59_0-1667825336370.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. did anyone find a way out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoyalP,

One option that might help is downloading the language pack before transcoding. See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/inicializando-el-motor-de-transcripci%C3%B3n...

If that does not work, some users report being helped successfully by support.

What version of PR are you using?

The images in this thread show a problem downloading the language pack. Is that the problem you are having?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same 
another new feature that doesnt work 

daily of adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue. 

In order to continue to use the transcription feature you have to update to a more recent version of premiere pro that supports running the process locally. 

Best regards, 

Alexander 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for several months on my desktop and updating the software didn't help at all, nor did two multiple hour-long sessions with Adobe "Support". I sympathize with HINNJUNN--another feature that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mpsalerno,

Frustrating. Can you post screenshots from PR Help -> About and the transcript progress window?

I don't know what else this can be, and I want to be sure the symptoms match this thread.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUDEEEE!!! What a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using PR version 22.1 or earlier, see this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/closed-caption-transcribe-sequence-error-1597177841...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i'm using 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm that in PR using Help -> About.

@Alexander Riss 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every one I know and me is experiencing this. and we are all switching to a different app. Adobe sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the version of Premiere Pro you are using? 

Is there a specific reason you can not update to the latest version of Premiere Pro which offers a much improved offline transcription workflow with text based editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premier Pro v23.6 I believe this is the latest version, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the error you are seeing? are you also getting stuck on downloading the language pack?
Which language are you trying to transcribe from ? The english language pack should already be part of your application and not require a download unless you are using an enterprise installer.
Did you install Premiere Pro using the creative cloud desktop app?

Best regards,
 Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no prompt error. The transcription process just doesn't continue. Nothing happens after clicking "Transcribe sequence", or transcription progress just stops for no reason. Language is just English. Been using it before in a normal way. Yes I did installed Premier Pro using Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the creative cloud desktop app, go to applications, click on the "..." menu button next to Premiere Pro, click on "Addons", and validate that the English language pack is listed as installed? If not, you may need to re-trigger it from there, if it does not automatically do so from within Premiere Pro (e.g. if the auto installation was blocked from some reason - e.g. a virus scanner preventing the installer from writing to all files required):

AlexanderRiss_0-1693214407451.png

Best regards,
 Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristian30937100sjo0_0-1693265010904.png

I did. It's all installed. But still transciption is not continuing. Nothing really happens. 
This progress below (see screenshot below) just stops for no reason and nothing happens:

Kristian30937100sjo0_1-1693265229641.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And even if I click Transcribe at the transcript window, NOTHING HAPPENS. 

Kristian30937100sjo0_0-1693269347731.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok from your screen shots it looks like the audio of the sequence is being read (and saved locally for transcription). This means there could be either a problem with your windows %temp% folder or e.g. a virus scanner which is blocking access to the newly created file - so that the transcription can not access it (and causes it to wait for this block to be resolved).
Can you check if there is a "ppro_s2t_audio_temp_dir" in your "%temp%" folder and if it contains any left over data? Can you also try disabling any 3rd party virus scanners while running a test transcription to also rule this out as a possible problem?

Thank you for your additional information - the team is investigating if there are other factors in this area which could cause the transcription to halt right after creating the audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

transcription was working well until yesterday, now nothing, its been stuck on "estimated" countless restarts dont help.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 11.15.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly where I'm stuck. Did you ever find a solution? Language packs are installed, but when I hit the blue Transcribe button, the progress scolls animate, but nothing happens and no time estimation ever appears.

@alexander-riss any notes on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines