• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 13.0.1 corrupt color problem.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a color problem while playing the sequence or when randomly jumping from frame to frame in timeline.

I keep jumping from frame to frame till it becomes normal.

It's only a playback issue, it doesn't export movies like this. It also happens sometimes when i change color options in Lumetri.

Sending you a sample frame here.

Thanks.

Ekran Resmi 2018-11-08 15.56.48.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure what is happening ... is it layering part of another frame over or under the current frame?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another before after sample. This happens when i change lumetri settings.

Ekran Resmi 2018-11-10 00.48.46.jpgEkran Resmi 2018-11-10 00.48.17.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Handeilk!

This looks a lot like an issue that another user was having. This thread had a lot of possible solutions: Export Issue - Maximum Render Quality/Depth

Would you mind scrolling through there and seeing if any of those solutions work for you? Please report back here so we know you've been taken care of!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what the problem really is here. Could you explain in detail what is going on. You say this happens when you change Lumetri "settings". What settings are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I realized that this is not an issue related to lumetri.

In the previous example i saw that when i change any parameter in lumetri, like exposure, highlights, temperature, the problem occurs.

Yesterday i added gaussian blur to a video and when i change the parameters, the same thing happened.

So this is not an export issue actually. This happens before export but sometimes it also exports some parts of the movie with corrupted colors.

There are 3 things that have changed lately in my work environment. Maybe that can help.

1- I updated my IOS to Mojave 10.14.

2- I added 32 gb's of RAM to my system. (It was 8, now it is 40)

3- I updated my Premiere to the latest version.

I wasn't having this issue before these changes.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another before/after sample. I was trying to adjust exposure in Lumetri here.

Ekran Resmi 2018-11-11 16.31.16 (2).jpg

Ekran Resmi 2018-11-11 16.31.08 (2).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still say this is a GPU issue, do check drivers manually.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

I would still say this is a GPU issue, do check drivers manually.

Neil

That is not possible in macOS. Drivers are installed with an OS update.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to check mac drivers manually? I'm new to IOS, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm a many-year pc person ... so not sure how it's done, but yes you can do it manually. Hoping another Mac user jumps in to say how.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi handeilk,

Have you tried File > Project Settings > General > Renderer set to "Software Only." Try it and report back.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank God, I though I was the only one experiencing this.

I'm having the exact same problem after version 13.0.1.

Randomly corrupting image while adjusting Lumetri parameters. It seems to be pretty random, but it happens A LOT!

For me applying a Lumetri with a speedlook (for example SL GOLD ORANGE) and trying to adjust exposure or temperature is a way to quickly reproduce it.

I tried reinstalling the latest drivers, dumping settings AGAIN, even clean install everything. It's still there.

If you change the renderer to software only, It seems to work, so I guess it's GPU related.

My workstation:

Windows 10 Version 1083

Intel i9 7960x CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a royal pain that would be.

Have you tried going back a driver or two or three?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem here.

The bug is GPU related.

The only way I could export my vids where if I queued them with media encoder.
If I use export function in Premiere I get those weird ramdom colors.

iMac 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Mojave 10.14.1
Premiere 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed, AME does export correct. So it somehow affects Premiere only.

I will try tomorrow to rollback nvidia drivers to the first acceptable version for 13.0.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finished 3 projects using V13 premiere and when rolling back to a stable version (12.1.2) I need to start from scratch my color grading...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use software GPU instead, your colors will be fine, but impossible to play the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to rollback the drivers with no results. Same problem.

I've started a new discussion here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a windows 10 machine, i7-4790 / 32G RAM / GeForce 980 - I get these weird color things, but the Program Monitor keeps going black on me when modifying Lumetri or trying to play video with Lumetri on it. If I disable the lumetri effect, it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an older four-core CPU but with good base processor speed ... but how much vRAM do you have on that 980? Is it a standard 4GB? If so, with the 2000 CUDA cores & 4GB of vRAM, it should be working decently.

What number is your GPU driver? That's a real bugaboo right now, some people with certain cards need to be at the newest, some need to be back a driver or two. But they must be very recent drivers to work properly with the 13.x builds and forward.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, now we have a Windows guy with the same problem!!!!  Hope Adobe will address this more quickly instead of trowing the ball at IOS or Windows or AMD etc....

Lumetri has always been sketchy after an update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For many of us, Lumetri ​is ​running good ... in fact, the fastest and with the best grading depth & speed yet, way above previous capabilities. The new curves tools are wondrous ... I'm someone who typically uses 2-3 HSL's per clip if it's a difficult puppy, and have rarely used curves. They're not that fast on my Elements control, you know? But these new curves have led me to map a ball/ring control in the Curves tab to mouse emulation. I'm using very few HSL keys now, I can quickly do things with those curves.

Let alone having the ability to add & stack Lumetri instances from that dropdown, rename layers for what you're doing in them, and still use the Lumetri panel. There's a bug between the Elements control surface and PrPro right now though that limits the Controls to the last instance still, which ... is painful for me. Not for you though, I'd guess. Still, that new capability is so good at speeding up my work I'll wait for Tangent and PrPro teams to get that working. They will.

BUT ... for some users, there are painful issues. The majority have been resolved by either updating drivers (13.x forward require the newer generation of drivers for Nvidia) or in some cases, updating the card or going to Software Only for Mercury Acceleration as the older gear simply can't be updated.

There are some users though with new cards, even 2000 series cards, with new drivers, and still having issues. That's why sorting through all the details is very important in troubleshooting, trying to find where there's a commonality that can be then traced back through coding.

And yea, the older cards will not work now or in any future build, so checking hardware is a must for this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Upgraded to newest version of Premiere and Lumetri is now completely unpredictable, especially in exports. Stop passing the buck and fix this issue please, this is affecting all of our livelihoods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" ... unpredictable especially in exports. "

How about some details,  what is unpredictable?

And what gear are you using it on? Especially the Lumetri workspace is affected by GPU'S and their drivers.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines