• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 13.0.1 corrupt color problem.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a color problem while playing the sequence or when randomly jumping from frame to frame in timeline.

I keep jumping from frame to frame till it becomes normal.

It's only a playback issue, it doesn't export movies like this. It also happens sometimes when i change color options in Lumetri.

Sending you a sample frame here.

Thanks.

Ekran Resmi 2018-11-08 15.56.48.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. This is incredibly frustrating, and it seems as though a lot of the responses I've read on forums have offered no real solutions, other than trying to pick apart the queries or the users rather than the very real issue here. So I apologize if my comment came off harshly; there are many of us who have chosen to use this platform and paid into the thing for quite a while, so losing days of productivity while a client is waiting for a cut because I simply can't export a version that doesn't look completely terrible is really frustrating. That being said, here's my specs:

Premiere Pro v 13.0.1

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

All the issues here began after updating from the last version of Premiere to this one. My guess is that the bug is involved in the new Selective Color Grading feature within Lumetri.

I've been trying to export to H.264, as that's the format my client is requesting. I've tried exporting through media encoder, and selecting "Software Encoding" as recommended by another user, with the same results.

While adjusting different values within Lumetri, the screen will flicker either between the proper graded Lumetri effect and the raw clip itself, or between the graded clip and an extremely contrasted (nearly inverted) clip. This happens with no real rhyme or reason, as far as I can tell. This is frustrating during an edit - but then after fixing all the affected clips and previewing with no errors, clips throughout the cut will exhibit the same dropping out/flickering. If I export three times, the Lumetri-graded clips will drop out at three different places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's an unpleasant problem!

Do you have Max Render Quality or Max Depth checked on? If, uncheck both, and try it. And in Media Encoder's preferences, uncheck "Import sequences natively" ... between them, they account for a range of odd behaviors. With any luck, this might help you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I had to bring in the .264 file into my session and put the fixed layers over the problem areas and re-export as a stop-gap for now, I'll fiddle with that and report back when I next attempt a full export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, i am so glad i'm not the only one affected by the 13.0.1 update. having these same issues with color correction, as well as exporting; i get "a low-level exception occured in: h.264 (exporter:9)"

running off:

windows 10 64-bit

intel i7-6700hq @ 2.60ghz

ram: 16gb

gpu: nvidia geforce 1060 (v417.22)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Report this over on the UserVoice system ... anything posted there goes directly into the engineer's system.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines