• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2015 Video / Audio Won't Play - Audio and Video Clock Out-of-Sync Errors

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Premiere Pro CC 2015 I'm unable to effectively play my video inside the timeline.

I should note that the same exact video and audio files work perfectly in my previous version of CC 2014.

Typically when I hit the play button nothing will happen, and then after a period of time it will stutter back and fourth between a small loop (no audio present) and give an error that says "Audio and video clock out-of-sync at (time location) in "Adobe Player"

I've tried full uninstalls and re-installs of the Premiere Pro CC 2015 software with no success. I've also tried deleting all Premiere Pro preferences from my user settings with no success. I should also note that After Effects CC 2015 is acting strangely as well often giving me errors about not having enough frames, so I am unsure if these are related. Once again the CC 2014 version works flawlessly.

For reference the video file is a .avi with Xvid compression and the audio is a .wav. These have always been used the exact same with in CC 2014 with no issue.

Computer:

Windows 8.1 - fully up-to-date

Nvidia 780 GTX video card

32GB of ram

3770K i7 processor

All Nvidia drivers are also up to date.

I also ran a full virus and malware scan just in case for some strange reason that was as fault, and I ran into zero issues. Media Encoder, Photoshop, and Illustrator CC 2015 all seem to work great.

I'm quite technically savvy and this one has me stumped, which really stinks as I was looking forward to the potential speed improvements of the updates. C'est la vie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Matt Borchert wrote:

Nothing seems to be enabled. The DAC is what is selected in CC 2015 as shown in the above image. It's the only available thing to select, and I cannot select none or disable it.

Thank you.  In CC 2015, you can click on the Settings... button in the Audio Hardware preferences.  Then in the Recording tab of the OS's dialog, you can manually disable (e.g. right-click and choose the appropriate option) the SPDIF input.  This is only a temporary workaround until we release

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video file is a .avi with Xvid compression

Try some camera generated media you shot yourself.  That's the real test.  Premiere Pro isn't a consumer level editor, and so consumer formats are hit or miss on whether they work or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it work perfectly in CC 2014 and not CC 2015? Everything I do is based on recording my desktop so my format options are limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if I even import JUST the .wav audio file it still doesn't play the audio correctly. Same issues as before, which rules out the video as the cause. I record all video and audio separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software was used to record the audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should note that when I drag in just a .wav audio file into the timeline and attempt to play it - nothing happens. Sometimes I'll hear just a flicker of a word before the error about out-of-sync audio appears and the timeline scrubber just goes back and fourth between a roughly 3 second interval. None of this madness happens in CC 2014 =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Try recording some new audio with Audition.  Or maybe rip a CD track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

I recorded something short in Audition and exported in both .wav and .mp3 file formats. No dice. Same audio and video out-of-sync error. (I wasn't including any video feeds on the test)

edit: meant to say Audition - not Audacity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird.  I'm not sure how audio and video can be out of sync if there's no video.

Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas for things to try, other than a full system wipe, reinstalling Windows from scratch.  (I'll be doing this myself, as I'm fully caught up on projects, and a new version of the Adobe suite is a perfect time for a fresh start.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't come to something that drastic - especially right on the verge of the release of windows 10 =D.

Appreciate your time! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh!!!  Skip 10.  It's definitely a step back from 8.1 and even from 7.  Stick with one of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it work perfectly in CC 2014 and not CC 2015?

Like I said, hit or miss.

Everything I do is based on recording my desktop so my format options are limited.

http://camstudio.org/

Lagarith Lossless Video Codec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your Audio Hardware preferences page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio-Hardware.JPG

Here is the CC 2014 one for reference (seems like the options are much more simplified - I included the ASIO Settings off to the side)

CC-2014.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the Input tab within the Audio Hardware Settings dialog in CC 2014 show?  Similarly, do you have any other available options for Default Input in CC 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the input tab from CC 2014:

Input.JPG

Nothing seems to be enabled. The DAC is what is selected in CC 2015 as shown in the above image. It's the only available thing to select, and I cannot select none or disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt Borchert wrote:

Thank you.  In CC 2015, you can click on the Settings... button in the Audio Hardware preferences.  Then in the Recording tab of the OS's dialog, you can manually disable (e.g. right-click and choose the appropriate option) the SPDIF input.  This is only a temporary workaround until we release a patch with a fix, but let me know if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have fixed it for now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asio.png

It works fine with the ASIO driver. Anything else causes massive sync problems but as the others I'd rather stick to the 2014 version for now. I'm sure other "surprises" hiding in the 2015 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this on a Mac?

Thanks,

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Mac solutions please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after upgrade to premiere 2015

Windows 7

I7 4820K

DDR4 - 32

GTX 970 (SLI 2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my mac pro tower (mid 2010...I realize it's getting a little long in the tooth) I couldn't get video or audio to play at all. I blindly mucked around with my audio settings a bit based on this string – just changed my input to "Built-in Line Input" from my Yeti Stereo Microphone inside of OS settings – and now it will play back audio. Which, hey. is something. Still, video doesn't show up at all.

While it's a little older, it's not quite useless yet, is it?

Processor  2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  24 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB (x2)

Just as the original poster said, Premiere Pro CC 2014 still works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines