• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 jerky rendering w/ GeForce GTX 1080 & i7 Skylake CPU

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've searched the forums, and although I couldn't find any specific answers to my question, it's not to say that there isn't so feel free to correct me.

I have recorded some footage with my iPhone 7 Plus in 4K, in the hopes to edit and render the movies with a fairly good speed, however it's very jerky, up until a point where I'm very much puzzled. I have a MacBook Pro Retina (mid 2012), where there are no performance issues at all.

I have (at least I think) a high performance setup on my PC:

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 14393.576 (RS1)
  2. Intel Core i7-6700 (Skylake-S), 4 cores, 8 logical
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Gaming) w/ 8GB of RAM (GDDR5X SDRAM)
  4. Nvidia driver 376.33 (newest release as of today - 30th december 2016)
  5. 64 GB RAM (DDR4-2998 / PC4-23900 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM)
  6. Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 3, w/ chipset: Intel Z170 (Skylake PCH-H)

It might not be suited for Premiere Pro, but I sure did expect more than what I'm seeing.

The project settings has been set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration.

Is there any way I can optimize this, or am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is that video footage off your phone variable frame rate or constant frame rate? I'm asking as most phones shoot VFR and PrPro is built to use CFR. It doesn't work too well with VFR.

You can download the free program MediaInfo and then drop a file on it, go into Tree-iffic view and post a screen shot of the video section. (I normally give the link but I'm on my phone right now.)

If it's VFR then download Handbrake and convert the video part to CFR.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines