Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro cc 2018 & 2019 freezes

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having lots of problems with both premiere pro CC 2018 & 2019 and it started to accrue 3 days ago, before that everything ran smoothly on my computer.

After I had issues with the 2018 version I've decided to update to 2019 to hopefully solve the problem. 

The program suddenly freezes with no reason, I can still move the cursor and click on buttons but the source and program monitor are not working. In different cases, it will show me "media pending".

After that, I need to close the program but it won't close until I close it manually from the task manager.

My computer:

Lenovo legion y720

I7

16G RAM

512SSD (The project is on the computer after I thought that maybe the problem is related to my external hard disk)

Geforce 1060 GTX (I've updated the drivers)

I've tried to find a solution online and I couldn't find any, This is a huge problem for me because I'm wasting a lot of time on restarting the program more than 10 times a day.

Thanks,

Ron

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Hey, after pulling my hair out I finally found a version of settings that work flawlessly. The problem for me sounds like it was related to insufficient RAM speed(not capacity) and a weird codec used for my source files. SO I did the following:

Installed HandBreak, and whatever source files from my camera I have, I converted to MP4, Web Optimized, Aling A/V Start on the Vimeo Youtube HQ 2160 p60 4K preset with the Fast Decode checkbox on Video tab active. 

After that, I went into Task Manager an

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting Media Cache in Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you're just a random person working in some sort of a call center, going through the list of responces and phrases given to you by the management. Therefore the only thing i can tell you is this: i hope that one day you will find yourself doing work that benefits you and others around you. Something genuine, real, instead of wasting your life on maintaining the illusion of customer service for a company that clearly doesn't give a damn neither about you nor their customers. I wish you the best of luck in navigating the sad landscape of 21. century capitalism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the marketing manager at an international music firm. I do a lot of
video editing work. Thus I use PP, but it's kind of a garbage application.
I dont really know where you are getting these crazy assumptions from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a costumer care session with a senior manager.

They suspected that the problem is with some MTS files that I had in my projects.

They recommended me to export my MTS files with all of the supporting files that comes with it, with my camera is to export all of the "Private" folder which include supporting files.

I've updated my premiere pro cc 2019 to the latest version and started a new project from scratch.

Now I can say that the program is a bit more stable and I can export files with 90% success.

BUT still the software can freeze and crash randomly and I can't rely on it to work properly.

Costumer care told me that they did everything that they could on there behalf  and that the problem might be with any of my other drivers and they also suggested that I will reinstall the software (I already reinstalled my whole computer).

If someone have a solution it will be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the time this is the answer: your problem with other driver or software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the good answer is: Adobe can't create reliable softwares, what they can do is only collect fees!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theirs low quality product don't give enough infos about the exceptions, and what theirs experts can do is only reseting the preferncies and pluging, "experts", ha ha ha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly, and I'm like, they should be able to keep their software current with driver updates, that's why we pay them so much. I'm having an insane time right now with a brand new computer and premiere crashing and it's just not at all logical and all I get is install manufacturer drivers, that didn't work now roll back drivers, that didn't work, on and on and on... Meanwhile I have a ten year old computer with first gen i7 that never crashed like this with premiere? But, I just found out something that may legitimize the driver claims. Apparently there's a "Creators Ready Driver" specifically for creators instead of gamers. But, still, there's no excuse for premiere crashing with even the gamer ready drivers, it still should be able to handle the most simple editing I'm doing with this brand new and extremely expensive build (i9 9900K, 64 Gig Ram, 2080 Ti video card, etc... should not be crashing cutting one track of HD!). The thread I'm talking about where I'm discussing this is https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2609039​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much video ram (dedicated) do you have on your GPU? I was having a ton of trouble on two computers with 2GB and 3GB of dedicated GPU ram- and then I upgraded to a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti with 8GB ram. That took care of my troubles on that computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU is 6G ram.

Also you can see that many other people with better GPU's experience the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I had another session with adobe costumer care.

I called them because I had random files in "media pending" status - each time I've opened the project, different files were pending.

When I tried to press those files, the software freezes till I had to manually crash it.

THIS PROBLEM WAS NEW - THE OTHER PROBLEMS I'VE MENTIONED IN PREVIEWS COMMENTS WERE STILL GOING ON.

The session took more than 6 hours - in that time an adobe agent took control on my computer and tried to fix the problem.

They tried many things - I wasn't watching all the time.

They even tried to delete my McAfee antivirus and my Logitech mouse driver.

Each time they called me and asked me to try and crash the software to see if they managed to fix it - Each time I tried it CRASHED.

In the end they just stopped trying and they didn't even call me to let me know, I've waited till 23PM  for them to make another phone call but I saw that they have disconnected from my computer without telling me anything.

I appreciate the time they tried to solve the problem but I don't think that Adobe appreciates my time.

I'm trying to fix this problem for more than a month now - I can't take new clients at the moment and I'm losing money - this is my job.

(not to mention 3-4 days of work with adobe taking over my computer)

So what am I trying to say with this long message?

DEAR ADOBE - As you can see there are more than a few people experiencing this kind of problems.

Each as a different spec, different OS, different GPU, different Mouse, different antivirus, Different file format etc'.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH YOUR SOFTWARE AND WE ARE WAITING FOR A SOLUTION ASAP

I really like your products and service but in 2 weeks tops i will have to try my luck with a different service provider such as final cut or Davinci or whatever so I could continue to work and deliver projects to my existing clients.

Waiting for your reply.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help us help you. I haven't seen a single crash log in this thread.

FAQ: How to find Premiere Pro crash logs on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 3 agents of adobe examine my software for more than 10 hours combined, I think that they probably checked those things themselves.

I'm still waiting for Adobe's response.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Do you nave installed Neat Video plug in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello…I don’t work for Adobe, I’m just another user. Try taking everything off the cloud if you have project footage files there. Even the project file, save and open from an internal drive. For me, switching to list view in the project panel helped me. It seemed the computer was taking too long to make thumbnails for the video clips. Also, change your project settings to use Proxies when you import footage. Or if footage is already in the project, select them in the project window and right-click_create proxies. That has seem to help me during editing recently. Hope any of this helps.

Thanks, Eugene

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron. I have been reading this thread with great interest. I see you began by stating you had issues with 2018 and thus decided to update to 2019. This in itself tells me a lot. CC2018 is pretty stable and you should not be having problems on it as it has now matured after its original release.

The problem from my experience is not the Adobe software but something non related. You said that you reinstalled your complete OS and are still having issues? If a user reinstalls an entire OS from scratch and then a piece of software suddenly has issues its far from the softwares fault. CC2018 should run beautifully on a newly installed OS.

My gut feeling is that something, somewhere is conflicting with CC and giving you grief. It could be old Intel Drivers, a corrupt BIOS etc etc. This to me sounds like a Windows/Intel Problem. Would you look into rolling back to say an older version of Windows wth a fresh install AND most importantly updating ALL the drivers that shipped with your Lenovo.

Here is the support page for the latest drivers:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/za/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-note...

When / if you reinstall a fresh OS install NOTHING else beside CC 2018. Leave 2019 alone. Please note this step is very important. Do not load anti virus software, media players, torrent clients etc etc. All that can come later. Also don't install all your 3rd party plugins yet. Let's get PP up and running and outputting so that you are back on your feet first.

Lets work through a process of elimination one step at a time

Let me know

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problems with cc2018, it wasn't stable. I updated to 2019 in hoping it would fix the bugs. In fact, it seems like i'm always updating to fix bugs. You would think updates would fix previous bugs. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound like a real solution other than making a dedicated Premiere Pro machine. I have had the same problem just like everyone else and Adobe is offering no real fix. How do you expect all of us to re-install our OS every time you guys come out with a new update? That is just ridiculous. Do better with your RnD before you release an update and stop suggesting people re-install their OS if your software is the problem in the entire machine! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have some problem. Do you find some solution?

Pls help me  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far for me, changing the project panel view from thumbnail to list view has helped, for whatever reason. Premiere has become responsive again and hasn't crashed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a few updates.

I had another session with Adobe support last Thursday and we tried a few things:

1. Update GPU Drivers (It's not the first time that we do that)

2. Minimize thumbnail view to list view (As allnet​ was saying)

3. Update Premiere 2019 to the latest version

4. Changing the render to "software only" (Again)

I worked for 1 hour and 30 minutes straight with no problems - That's the most time that I managed to work since I posted this thread  2 months ago,

BUT than it crashed after I've enlarged the V1 channel in my timeline so I could see the thumbnail of the clips that I'm editing.

So for now I think that the problem is related to thumbnails in the project panel and in the timeline.

I will try to keep all thumbnails minimized and will update you if it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK So it just crashed again with no appear reason after I minimized all of the thumbnails.

This is it for me - I am cancelling my subscription and moving to a different editing software.

For 2 months I've tried to solve this problem while paying Adobe and they couldn't solve it - Although I must say that they tried to solve it as best as they probably could.

Unfortunately I have to leave because I have clients that are waiting for their projects to be delivered for more than a month now.

I lost too much of my time and money on this problem hoping that it could be solved in a reasonable time but now I can't keep on without a stable editing software.

Adobe - As you can see there are more than a few users that suffers from this issue, I hope that you will solve it soon.

If anyone finds a solution please share it.

Thanks,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere is still responsive after leaving the laptop and software open over night. About updating the driver, i was told to go directly to the website( nividia.com for me) and download the update directly from there, as opposed to going through device manager.

will update if premiere becomes unresponsive again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also just to make sure that ALL tabs in the project panel are in list view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah...another thing that's helped me in the past is to see where your project is saved. If it's in Creative Cloud, re-save the project on a physical hard drive, preferably internal, not external, and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines