• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 effects/Lumetri bug

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Premiere Pro 2018, I've been experiencing a bug with Lumetri Color.

In certain random projects, I cannot seem to be able to see any changes I am making in the Lumetri Color Panel to my clip, unless I render my clip in the timeline. In other words, I am blindly applying color correction to a clip without being able to see what I'm actually changing, or the effect it's having on my clip, until I render the clip, then it shows me the results of my color correction.

Once my clip is rendered, if I want to make further changes, my color correction will reset back to its default view (as if it had no color correction at all), until I render the clip again in the timeline. Obviously, as someone who uses Lumetri Color a lot, I can't work like this.

I've tried clearing render/cache files, but that seems to have no effect. Once this problem occurs in a certain project, that project file seems to carry this bug with it, even if I reset all my effects and start from scratch, or if I open the same project on a different computer.

I've already submitted a bug report about this. Was just curious if anyone else if having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will work. But try exporting your project as a .XML file and opening the .xml back in Premiere Pro in an new project and see if that fixes the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that suggestion.

Well, this is very interesting. If I export the sequence as an XML, and try to import that into a blank project, nothing happens! The XML won't import. The "Importing Files..." dialogue box shows up for about a second, but after that, nothing. No import - it's a totally blank project.

However, if I import the same XML into Premiere Pro CC 2017, it works perfectly, so I know the XML is ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 has a bug with XML import.

Use the guide below to post the details of the situation.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things to try . . .

• Trash your preferences (hold down option when you launch Premiere Pro)
  • Reinstall Premiere Pro
  • Delete render cache (can't hurt to do it again)
  • Try different rendering modes: GPU vs software (File>Project Settings>Renderer)
  • Enable high-quality playback (wrench menu in the program monitor)
  • Set you sequence to maximum bit depth and maximum render quality in the sequence settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACertik,

I would try the proxy workflow: Basic Premiere Pro editing workflow

Report back after trying it out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can just use the new feature of Premiere that allows you to layer color grades on top of each other for now, that's what I'm doing for a similar bug, but I still hope they can fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines