• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 workspace not saving properly

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with workspaces after updating to CC2019.  First, I noticed that all of my custom workspaces from Premiere Pro 2018 were missing (and I foolishly hadn't synced them to the cloud in many months).  Problem solved by copying them from documents>adobe>premiere pro>12.0>profile>layouts to the same folder for 13.0.

However, when I start a new project and select my custom editing workspace, there's one window that won't start up in the right location.  I have to manually drag the project window to my preferred location at the start of every project.  I've tried saving the custom workspace many times (save changes to this workspace, and save as new workspace), synced with my cloud account, but I can't get a project to start up with an accurate positioning of my custom workspace. 

After I manually move the project window, save workspace and close project, it will then open again with the correct configuration; however, when I then create a new project the very same window will be out of place.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt Young,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that the changes that you are making to the custom workspace are not getting saved.

• Are you getting the issue with all custom workspaces or a specific one?
  • Was this happening in the previous version as well?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had only noticed with one specific custom workspace, but that is because it's the only one where I want the project window to be somewhere other than the default position of lower left corner of screen.  But I just made a new custom workspace with the project window placed elsewhere and it exhibited the same behavior.

This was not happening in the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information provided.

• Please share the screenshot of the Workspace (as you want to see it).

Additionally, please try these steps:

1. Reset Preferences. FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?
  2. Create a new project.
  3. Create a custom workspace and save it.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Custom workspace is saved ok - except for project window which does not return to custom window placement.      This is the least of our problem with this version of Prem Pro CC.   I have been using PPro for many years and never had any significant problems.  But now (with updated processor and windows 10) the program crashes frequently and randomly for no apparent reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists after resetting preferences.

Here's a screenshot of the workspace as I want it to look, but as it refuses to save. (the program window is on a 2nd monitor)

premiere workspace.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangg...I posted the screenshot you requested.  Any further suggestions?  Because the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. I checked the issue at my end and I'm able to replicate it. Thank you for letting us know about it. I am filing a bug for it.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been more than a half a year and the problem still exists. When will this problem be addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI:  I reported this bug to Adobe more than a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug, three years later... What happened to the bug you filed for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an excellent question. But sadly, one that only Adobe can answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also quite frequently an issue with local permissions, something I've helped a number of people sort. And has happened to me a couple times.

So it's not an ongoing un-solved bug, but the kind of thing that can have several different unrelated causes. And you have to sort out the cause via troubleshooting.

The public beta was all crazy on me a month ago, wouldn't see or save my preferences/workspaces et al. And yea, it was totally an OS permissions issue. Which took a couple days to fully get sorted. Ticks me off when it happens, but ... 'tis Life.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of February 10 2022 bug still exists.

@Shivangi_Gupta any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, if you could recommend any troubleshooting steps re: local permissions that might be causing this behavior, please do share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue. Well, there's a couple parts.

First ... OneDrive on my new rig wanted to control all the User/Document folders, kept changing things so the Adobe apps couldn't "see" their setups ... and I couldn't sync any of my numerous things from workspaces through keyboard shorts. It took a couple days to get that blasted app completely gone from my system and restored to 'normal' behavior.

Second ... for so many of us, the apps save our workspaces mostly sort of. One time they'll come up completely correct. The next time, several open projects out of a Production will be in the lowe-left quadrant panel of the main UI window, and NOT in the panel they're supposed to be.

I get that every day.

And some users simply cant get reliable performance at all. So ... go to their UserVoice system and post there. I will be doing so again today myself on a couple posts I assume.

And ... I'll keep noting to engineers when I do see them that this STILL is a problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 2022 and the problem still f*** exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2022 and the problem exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple versons back, they had a bug where for a number of systems, custom spaces wouldn't save.

Since then, and especially with the current 22.x versions, for everyone I've seen with this it's been a permissions issue on their computer.

Premiere writes those to specific file locations. And if it has trouble accessing them, you will get this issue ... period.

I ran into this a few months back when OneDrive took over my computer. All "user" folders, all "Document" folders, and several other types of files were actually moved within OneDrive's control. And suddenly I couldn't sync 'down' from my CC account. I couldn't use my custom keyboard shorts, or my workspaces.

Took me three days to finally and completely get that blasted thing off my system, and able to use my Adobe programs again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

Thanks for the comment. I just got a new PC, and all the docs, photos, etc., dropped into OneDrive. How do you back out of it? Copy everything to the C drive, then uninstall it? Let me know as I want to avoid any fundamental maintenance issues, ya dig? 🙂

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall the whole process, Kevin. And some people get out of it a LOT easier than I did. Windows being, well, Windows ... the good and the ... what the ... ????? (Said as a complete Window/Android dude, and total non-Mac person ...)

I went through several online discussions of how to control and eventually kill OneDrive.

And the odd thing, I know a number of people that use that 'service', but it didn't take over and MOVE all those user/document type folders within it's own system. On mine, it did.

So ... if it leaves things alone, OneDrive isn't going to be an issue ... probably.

If like on mine, it takes over all "user" folders/files, you gotta kill it. No mercy, no acceptable surrender ... just kill it.

And it took some work too. Including a couple Registry changes. Yeaowch.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see what I can do. Windows can be confusing to those of us who were initiated on macOS. I had a lot of trouble with iCloud in the past, so I'd like to avoid similar problems. Cool having access to a decent PC. I have a Thinkpad laptop and a Thinkstation Mini Tower. Should be fun for editing, gaming, and good machines to test with.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have trouble doing anything on a Mac!

I've been told so often that Macs are far more intuitive to work with. Well, it ain't for me. I can't even hardly open a program on one. Sheesh!

Which isn't to say that Windows can't be confusing ... 'cause well, I think it's because engineers are involved, personally ...  😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.... just installed Premiere Pro yesterday and tweaked my custom workspace. Everything else works except the projec window.... it just won't lock to it place. Mine also disappeara if I go for example to the "graphics" and come back to "edit".... when I take a look at my workspace it has suddenly been changed from my custom to the preset "edit" one..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this problem.  I position my Project tab in a certain place, but when the project reopens, the Project tab is not in its expected position, instead attached to Effects/Info/History/Media Browser tab.  Seems to me this is a undocumented feature, otherwise known as a BUG!  Premiere did not act this way in CC2017, CC2016, v10, v9, v8, v7 or v6!  Please, Adobe, talk to your programmers and see what they did to change the way this window acted and correct it so it acts like that again.

Thanks,

Glen Tubbesing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines