• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO CC 2022 PLAYBACK HORRIBLE

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Premiere Pro CC 2022 (i still have 2020 & 2021 still installed) the playback is terrible, it constantly freezes and when i add a gpu accellerated effect (colorista & Lumetri) the timeline turns red.  It's already set to cuda.  Meanwhile both 2020 & 2021 performs flawlessly.   Im using Red Dragon 6k footage.  Also this is a clean install of Windows 11 pro.  Thanks for any help

PC specs:

AMD RYZEN 3900X

64GB RAM

GTX 1080 TI

1TB SSD - OS

1 TB SSD - Scratch Drive

4TB SSD - Footage storage

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

edit 2:  Ok so it seems with I turn on "High Quality Playback" it plays back fine.  But when I take it off and put resolution at 1/4 it stutters/freezes etc.  weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi,

Sorry about this. The current workaround for the issue affecting certain formats to is set the Playback Quality to Full. You can also enable High Quality Playback in the Program Monitor's Settings (Wrench) menu. I will post this as the solution until the fix is released so that others may be helped. I am aware that the issue is not "fixed" yet. Just trying to assist with a workaround that should help. 

If this still doesn't work for you, I can suggest using proxies or transcoding to an mezann

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

I just downloaded the latest beta and tested it. Whatever you did seems to work. Thank you for your support. I guess now i can update from version 15.4 to version 22.5  🙂

I just saw that you said 22.5.0.29(or higher) but the version that i downloaded from creative cloud is 22.5.0 build 28 and there is no other update currently. Just for information 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 122 Replies 122
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just poor, lads.wtf.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jannick,

Sorry about that. We have a bug filed and will try to find a workaround for you.

• Have you tried deleting media cache with all projects closed?
  • Have you tried deleting preferences.
  • Do you have the new beta installed? If so, could you try the clip there?

See if you can try those things and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the three steps. It crashes before it even plays now. I have two projects I have open same as the screen shots I sent. I do not have bata any longer; I will try to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bata is doing the same thing. My audio is now not working on my computer at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CNB Marketing,

Sorry about that. Also about the faulty troubleshooting step, number 2. That won't help. The Beta should, though. Here's what the team wants you to try:

• Clear media cache with all projects closed
  • Set the playback resolution to Full
  • Enable High Quality Playback
  • Use Premiere Pro 22.1 of the Premiere Pro Beta (or later when it comes out)
  • Convert the footage
  • Use proxies, which will allow you to edit with no issues and links up the master clips just fine.

Please clear media cache in the Beta, and try again. Can you? That would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bata keeps shouting down. I can make any changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same after today update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The playback is terrible. The audio keeps going, and the video stays and jumps forward whenever it gets caught up. In bata normal. Both up data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled all my video and audio drives and reinstalled them. It seems to work ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I'm seeing your name in a lot of these threads so I think you're the right guy to talk to. For what it's worth, I'm struggling to playback XAVC S-I codec from my A7SIII, which is an uncompressed format. My computers use to breeze through these files with no dropped frames during playback in the 2021 version of Premiere (which includes the new Surface Laptop Studio that was marketed to work well with Premiere during Adobe MAX). I'm glad that you're trying to collect information instead of telling people to clear their cache (if people have posted here then they have probably already done that step!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys I have the same issue but I couldn't find sloution 
Mostly I am editing H265 4K 10bit 60fps videos on Premiere Pro but my pc drives me crazy. I cant playback smoothly sometimes PP freezes. 
The specs are:
-AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Proccesor
-Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Windforce 8GB GC
-64GB G-Skill 3600Mhz Ram
-SAMSUNG 1TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD
-Seagate 4TB HDD
-Asus X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard
-1x COOLER MASTER MasterLiquid ML240L V2 and 6x 120mm Fan
-Thermaltake 700W PSU
What should I do? With this specs I think my pc should handle these footages. Do you guys have this type of problem?
Please help me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite clear at this point that we're all struggling with H264 compressed footage, 10bit.

It does help to deactivate the Hardware Accelerated H264 DEcoding, but obviously that's just sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for all the spam guys, just trying to share my findings here as soon as possible.

BETA Playback is MUCH more consistent and freezes and hangs are basically gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I think the developers are already working on it. This is really a mistake. I myself am now facing weak playback and playhead fading on the timeline. This is terrible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I installed Premiere Pro Beta Version 22.1.1 BETA (Build7) and I have no problems with playback at all. It runs smooth as butter with Red footage, Gh5 footage, Sony Fx3 footage and Black Magic Raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. I have no words. In the beta version, everything is good, but here it's terrible. It feels like the developers have mixed up the builds and we are now working in beta and you are working in the official released version v.22.0. Where is the damn smoothness of playback and performance. I'm silent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems. Done the cache thing, reinstall, restart....Bit of improvement with the High Quality Playback checkmark, but still practically unusable. Using a Mac Mini M1, 16GB. Footage is h265 from Fuji XT3, 4K and HD. 100mbps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yuber5C80 ,

Sorry for the issue. Can you please verify if your Hardware decoding option is checked ? 

Premiere Pro menu --> Prefereces --> Media --> checkbox at the bottom

mayjain_0-1635836767299.png

Please share a sample media which is causing the issue, if possible ?  I will check at my end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hardware decoding option was already enabled. Still, when I get to the project settings, the gpu is greyed out. Stuttery playback persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ust to throw another report in, experiencing this myself since the update to 2022. As other have mentioned performance is better if I tick "High Quality Playback" and keep the resolution at Full, but it's still very poor in comparison to 2021. I'm primarily editing 10-bit H.264 UHD footage from Panasonic Lumix S1/S5 cameras.

SPECS..

Windows 10 Pro

RTX 3080

Ryzen 7 5900x

64GB 3600MHz RAM

All drivers are up to date and I've tried clearing Media Cache, turning Hardware Acceleration off/on, and a fresh reinstall of Premiere, and nothing. Will try installing the latest Beta later and see if it's any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Updated the Beta this morning and Playback seems to be having deleted in the update. 

1fps if lucky. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the Beta today and no better. Have double checked device and system drivers, and tried a complete reinstall of Prem - no change. Am reinstalling 2021 at the moment so hoping that will work in the meantime!

Adobe, please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go back to the old version. I edit a tv show each week for a major network. I have survied alot of updates but this is the worst!! This has put me behind on my work trying to figure out why this wont playback smoothly like before. Trash!! Back to the old version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This obvious problem needs to be fixed right now. What are the developers waiting for???? Release two updates or three. Don't try to cram everything into one fix. You need to do it progressively so that there are no new bugs. How long do I have to wait for playback on the timeline to be smooth??? Finally release this little update regarding playback. Then work on another one. Now we need to act

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see some communication from Adobe regarding what they're doing to explore these issues right now... Yes, we all have pitchforks in our hands right now, but a transparent line of communication would help calm some of our nerves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines