• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO CC 2022 PLAYBACK HORRIBLE

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Premiere Pro CC 2022 (i still have 2020 & 2021 still installed) the playback is terrible, it constantly freezes and when i add a gpu accellerated effect (colorista & Lumetri) the timeline turns red.  It's already set to cuda.  Meanwhile both 2020 & 2021 performs flawlessly.   Im using Red Dragon 6k footage.  Also this is a clean install of Windows 11 pro.  Thanks for any help

PC specs:

AMD RYZEN 3900X

64GB RAM

GTX 1080 TI

1TB SSD - OS

1 TB SSD - Scratch Drive

4TB SSD - Footage storage

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

edit 2:  Ok so it seems with I turn on "High Quality Playback" it plays back fine.  But when I take it off and put resolution at 1/4 it stutters/freezes etc.  weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi,

Sorry about this. The current workaround for the issue affecting certain formats to is set the Playback Quality to Full. You can also enable High Quality Playback in the Program Monitor's Settings (Wrench) menu. I will post this as the solution until the fix is released so that others may be helped. I am aware that the issue is not "fixed" yet. Just trying to assist with a workaround that should help. 

If this still doesn't work for you, I can suggest using proxies or transcoding to an mezann

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

I just downloaded the latest beta and tested it. Whatever you did seems to work. Thank you for your support. I guess now i can update from version 15.4 to version 22.5  🙂

I just saw that you said 22.5.0.29(or higher) but the version that i downloaded from creative cloud is 22.5.0 build 28 and there is no other update currently. Just for information 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 122 Replies 122
Guide ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few days of using Premiere v.22.0, the interface of the panels began to glitch and in the last project the Play head did not stop at all without displaying video, but with sound. Then the program crashes and freezes. It was possible to turn it off only through the Task Manager forcibly. Horror. I attach a screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 131801.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about this. The current workaround for the issue affecting certain formats to is set the Playback Quality to Full. You can also enable High Quality Playback in the Program Monitor's Settings (Wrench) menu. I will post this as the solution until the fix is released so that others may be helped. I am aware that the issue is not "fixed" yet. Just trying to assist with a workaround that should help. 

If this still doesn't work for you, I can suggest using proxies or transcoding to an mezannine codec, like a ProRes variant—especially if you have a variety of Long GOP (H.264/HEVC/XAVC) footage types in the Timeline. Those editing codecs are not affected by the bug and have always served my own workflows in such situations. I hope the advice helps until the fix is released.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the new 22.1.1 update would've fixed this, but it got even worse so that I had to revert back to v. 22. Is there any acknowledgement that this issue is still a problem?

The problem codec for me is XAVC-SI from my a7s III.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific issues are you having? In detail.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lyon,

Apologies. Make sure you have deleted media cache with all projects closed. That can help. Let us know what shakes out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, 

It's February 24th and Pre Pro was working fine for me 2 days ago and now I have this issue.  I've tried all work arounds to no avail.  I really need to get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about that. If everything was running fine two days ago, what has changed in your computer system over the past couple of days? Have any OS or application updates happened overnight or something like that? 

Can you give us more info?

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I found an older post that suggested changing audio input to "none" and that worked. Turns out my apple air Pods were throwing off Premiere's playback. Working from home due to poor weather seems to have some significant disadvantages.

Gregory A. Beck
Director - Two Trees Productions, LLC

Mod note: Phone number removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the audio and video are out of sync after several play backs. Adobe 20 and 21 are fine, 22 is terrible. The programm is several times freezing. Pro: rendering and programm start are faster. But I'm going back to 21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22 is unusable in its current state. needs a lot of QA and testing. thankful I can revert in my current projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry. Can you inform us what kind of footage you are editing with? Any info you can give us on your computer system? This post is about 4:2:2 10-bit H.264/HEVC footage and certain computers. Let us know so we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cees,

Welcome to the forums. What camera are you using and what footage are you editing? What does Media Info say about your footage? Possible you can give us any info? Can you give us specifics of your computer hardware? Any standard troubleshooting done yet, like emptying media cache and deleting preferences?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta version in my other machine seems to perform better, having problems with my extensions though. Hey, who deleted my previous post? Paying a premium for an all-app subscription I think qualifies me to at least have my say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Eric,

Not sure why any post was deleted. That said, I have been moving a lot of unrleated threads out of this post because it has become a catch all post for all performance issues, unfortunately. It's a lot to handle with all those CAPS...:-)

So we can help you better, which formats are you having an issue with? This post is about performance issues with 4:2:2 10-bit footage. Are you using Sony cameras? DJI drones? Let us know more about your source footage and computer setup so we can help.

The issue with Beta working better is entirely possible and newer innovations on performance are constantly being added. The other possibility is that the media cache is clean, whereas, it may need to be cleaned in your current machine - which is done by closing all projects and then deleting all of it from Preferences > Media Cache.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Empty cache, restart, tweak display settings - I don't need to go to the community board for those. But the app has improved since my first post, so now I just have to wait until the extensions are working properly. It could be Motionbro, it could be you, but I'm fine until whenever for that. Btw, my only posts are on this thread - except for a thread about essential graphics that I started some months back. And I never use all caps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I had the same issue and it is now resolved. A new update came out today for Premiere and it appears to have fixed the issue. Just make sure you clear and delete all the cache before you run the update.

Hopefully that update will work for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***only thing that worked***

clear cache from Home Screen NOT project. Select delete all cache files from system. 

You got your Premiere back babe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, you need to clear the cache when no projects are open, then relaunch the app. You can open the app but not open a project, use the menu system to Preferences/Cache, delete all cache, then close/relaunch the app also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work. Absolutely ridiculous that a NON BETA product goes on the market with these kinds of problems and STILL doesn't work. CUDA accelleration is turned on. Cleared cache. restarted application. No matter what the playback is set to it plays for 2 or 3 seconds fine then just starts playing 2 or 3 frames per second. So guess what. This happened both BEFORE and AFTER installing a Nvidia graphics card. Happened with built in graphics. Happens with Nvidia card installed with CUDA enabled. utterly useless. It pegs the CPU at 100 percent after 2 or 3 seconds of playback no matter what you do. High resolution doesn't matter. 1/8 doesn't matter. Does the same thing no matter what. Pause and wait 5 seconds and it plays back fine. Then it starts chopping again. Rendering with the Nvidia card is 5 times faster. But no we can't playback video even at 1/8 speed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just loaded premiere pro 2018. 12.1.2 build 69. Same difference. Cannot playback video even on 1/8 speed through a Quadro K1200. I'm just over it. Just frustrated to the max here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That K1200 has what, 4GB of v-RAM? That's below what you really need to have with Pr2022, that's an ancient card.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Good to hear from you.

Just loaded premiere pro 2018. 12.1.2 build 69. Same difference. Cannot playback video even on 1/8 speed through a Quadro K1200. I'm just over it. Just frustrated to the max here. 

This post is about Premiere Pro v. 22 and 10-bit HEVC video. I don't think Premiere Pro CC 2018 supported it, certainly not hardware decoding, which is coming soon. Please check out the beta forum discussions around the format, what to expect in beta, and what is to come in future versions of Premiere Pro.

NVIDIA

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-nvidia-hardware-accelerated-enc...

Intel
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-intel-hardware-accelerated-enco...

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B o o m 💥Kevin, you made me happy 👏 We will be looking forward to it. All this is in the interest of improving productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just updated to Premiere 22.2 and unfortunately still have the same issues as the OP.  Playback of UHD XAVC-I footage from an FS7 plays back fine until I add a LUT, then it cannot even playback in realtime.  Playback of UHD XAVC S-I footage from an a7 IV can mostly playback in realtime, but fast forwarding through the footage drops the framerate down to a slideshow.  And the framerate drops to 0 when I try to rewind footage.  I have cleared the media cache, set High Quality playback, and set the playback resolution to full as previous posts have advised.

For the record, I can playback all of this footage just fine on my ancient mid-2012 MacBook Pro running Final Cut Pro X, so I guess I'll be editing in there for the meantime.

Here are my computer specs:

Windows 10 Home

Ryzen 3950X

64 GB RAM

Titan X (Pascal) running latest 511.65 Studio Drivers

It's very disappointing that this beast of a PC is being outperformed by a 10 year old laptop.  Don't you all have a QA department that's supposed to catch these issues before the software is released?  Or, most likely, they did catch the issue, but the marketing department forced the release anyhow...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines