• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO CC 2022 PLAYBACK HORRIBLE

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Premiere Pro CC 2022 (i still have 2020 & 2021 still installed) the playback is terrible, it constantly freezes and when i add a gpu accellerated effect (colorista & Lumetri) the timeline turns red.  It's already set to cuda.  Meanwhile both 2020 & 2021 performs flawlessly.   Im using Red Dragon 6k footage.  Also this is a clean install of Windows 11 pro.  Thanks for any help

PC specs:

AMD RYZEN 3900X

64GB RAM

GTX 1080 TI

1TB SSD - OS

1 TB SSD - Scratch Drive

4TB SSD - Footage storage

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

edit 2:  Ok so it seems with I turn on "High Quality Playback" it plays back fine.  But when I take it off and put resolution at 1/4 it stutters/freezes etc.  weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi,

Sorry about this. The current workaround for the issue affecting certain formats to is set the Playback Quality to Full. You can also enable High Quality Playback in the Program Monitor's Settings (Wrench) menu. I will post this as the solution until the fix is released so that others may be helped. I am aware that the issue is not "fixed" yet. Just trying to assist with a workaround that should help. 

If this still doesn't work for you, I can suggest using proxies or transcoding to an mezann

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

I just downloaded the latest beta and tested it. Whatever you did seems to work. Thank you for your support. I guess now i can update from version 15.4 to version 22.5  🙂

I just saw that you said 22.5.0.29(or higher) but the version that i downloaded from creative cloud is 22.5.0 build 28 and there is no other update currently. Just for information 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 122 Replies 122
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Komodo

Red Raw

24fps

MQ 4:2:2

Black Magic Pocket 6k 

BRaw

24fps

4:2:2

PANASONIC GH5

h264 @10bit

24fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Dragon 6k

Red Raw

40fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here. It's impossible to get anything done in Prem Pro... Any change is not visible and has to be rendered and that takes a lifetime as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Natasha,

No way to even guess what your troubles might be, and there are all sorts of things  that could be.

How about creating a new thread on the forum, give us the details, and see if we can help sort it out?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same playback issues with v22.

Sony FX3

XAVC S-I 4K, 10 bit 4:2:2 @ 24fps

Same timeline and settings work perfectly in 15.4.1. I have an RTX 3080 gpu. Doesn't seem like premiere v22 wants to utilize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Fuji XT3 files.

4k 60p 4:2:0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony NX-200

XAVCS 50p  50Mb/s  4:2:0

Its not possible to playback at 2x , 4x speed in v22 and it doesnt use Gpu either.

With v15.4 everything works fine.

Win 10 Pro

Ryzen 5 2600

Nvidia Gtx 1070

16Gb 3200 mhz Ram

1Tb samsung 860 Evo Nvme ssd for all footage and Adobe cache files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having playback issues after upgrading, I would definitely recommend clearing your media cache and checking the system compatibility report for GPU driver issues. While this might seem like generic "did you turn it off and back on again"-type advice, it's really not: performance should have improved in the new version, so if you're seeing poor performance - particularly if it's just terrible - then there's something else going on. Try the steps below and please let us know. 

Media Cache:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seco...

System compatibility report:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/system-compatibility-report.html

Other Troubleshooting steps:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html 

Would you please let us know if that helps? 

Thanks!

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No compability issues in report, media cache cleared. Playback is still a disaster in v22, works perfectly with same timeline and media in 15.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will, thanks for the info. I'm just heading out of the office for the evening but I'll check with some colleages and see what they'd suggest. I'm a product manager for collaboration in our apps so this isn't my area of expertise but I'm very keen to help you get good performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can repro the issue with fresh installs also. I just bought a new Macbook Pro 14 and installed Adobe Premiere as a first software. And it's broken. No issues with earlier versions, same media, same sequence. I've tried multiple computers and experiencing the same. I checked activity monitor and 2022 is not using any GPU power but the CPU usage is extremely high. With 2021, no CPU usage but GPU. So it seems 2022 GPU support is completely broken out of the box. Tried with Intel and M1 processors also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This mirrors my experience.  GPU fans aren't running at all, CPU seems to be trying to do all of the work.  Hardware acceleration is definitely turned on in my Premiere v22, but not actually engaging the GPU. v15.4.1 is using the GPU properly on the same machine, playback is fine there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @willclegg & @ohorvath ,

Please try these steps & check if it's fixing the playback issue.

• Set Playback Resolution to Full in Program monitor.
  • Right-click on Program monitor & enable High Quality Playback.

Let us know if it helps.

@ohorvath Please confirm the specifications of the media files with which you are experiencing the playback issues. Also, on your M1 system, is the option for Hardware accelerated decoding enabled (Premiere Pro menu > Preferences >  Media)?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done these already, did not have an impact --

Will Clegg

personal info removed by mod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to follow up here to say that after a restart, I tried these steps in v22 again and now I have smooth playback again! It's not great with full resolution, but I usually work at half resolution anyway.  I think the key was "Right-click on Program monitor and enable High Quality playback." I can recreate (and eliminate) the issue by toggling this on and off now. 

I would have never found this on my own... didn't even know it was an option. And I have been using Premiere for I don't even know how long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Right clicking and slecting high quality playback fixed the problem entirely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus.

I have the exact same issues too. 

I have found that if I install the 15.4.1 (Pro 21) version it plays back just perfect. If I open a project in Pro 22 it gives me one screen clip every 2 seconds of play. Audio carries on but not playback of image in the source monitor.

Currently I have reverted to Pro 21 in order to carry on working with my projects.   

Regards

Walter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just turned the playback to full and it works perfect. It doesn't on 1/2 or 1/4 playback. For full playback all is loooking good in that respect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know perfectly well that this is nonsense.

Here (v.22) there is a decrease in performance in playback on the timeline. If it's not clear at all, take a general look at how the panel workspaces work. Switch back and forth between them and see how Premiere reacts to an idiotic situation. What can we say about performance in general. Nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same Issue,

MP4 codec from A7S III, it actually plays back BETTER after unchecking hardware accelerated decoding. Desaster.

Machine is more than capable, fresh install, High Qual playback, full res. 

RTX 3060

12 Core @ 5GHZ

128GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer is tanking so hard that the mouse freezes in 22. and now I'm stuck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Updating to latest Geforce Drivers did improve experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jannick5E16,

Sorry about the poor experience. We would recommend using the latest Studio drivers for RTX 3060. Let us know if you are using 4:2:2 10bit files from A7SIII, or is it 4:2:0 8bit?

Also, are you experiencing this even after setting the Playback Resolution to Full & enabling High-Quality Playback in Program monitor?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sumeet, 

Yeah, as mentioned I have set it to High-Qual and Full Res and I have the latest drivers...

The Codec: Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 10 bit 4:2:2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CPU fans are HOWLIN' when I am shuttling through the footage. CPU is getting tanked, GPU is chilling at a leasurely 5-10%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines