• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO CC 2022 PLAYBACK HORRIBLE

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Premiere Pro CC 2022 (i still have 2020 & 2021 still installed) the playback is terrible, it constantly freezes and when i add a gpu accellerated effect (colorista & Lumetri) the timeline turns red.  It's already set to cuda.  Meanwhile both 2020 & 2021 performs flawlessly.   Im using Red Dragon 6k footage.  Also this is a clean install of Windows 11 pro.  Thanks for any help

PC specs:

AMD RYZEN 3900X

64GB RAM

GTX 1080 TI

1TB SSD - OS

1 TB SSD - Scratch Drive

4TB SSD - Footage storage

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

edit 2:  Ok so it seems with I turn on "High Quality Playback" it plays back fine.  But when I take it off and put resolution at 1/4 it stutters/freezes etc.  weird. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi,

Sorry about this. The current workaround for the issue affecting certain formats to is set the Playback Quality to Full. You can also enable High Quality Playback in the Program Monitor's Settings (Wrench) menu. I will post this as the solution until the fix is released so that others may be helped. I am aware that the issue is not "fixed" yet. Just trying to assist with a workaround that should help. 

If this still doesn't work for you, I can suggest using proxies or transcoding to an mezann

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

I just downloaded the latest beta and tested it. Whatever you did seems to work. Thank you for your support. I guess now i can update from version 15.4 to version 22.5  🙂

I just saw that you said 22.5.0.29(or higher) but the version that i downloaded from creative cloud is 22.5.0 build 28 and there is no other update currently. Just for information 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 122 Replies 122
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A week from April and still with issues in Premiere. Seriously, this is a JOKE. Proxies, cleared cache, 1/4 resolution, re-installing, read multiple forums; I've done everything. This is simply unacceptable. Everything was fine in my Mac Mini M1 until the v22 update. Can't revert back because lots of projects have been started on v22. Very, very disappointed with this situation as it has slowed my workflow CONSIDERABLY.

Using a Fuji XT3, shooting in H265, Log, 50-100 mbps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe how they still haven't fixed this issue. Every time there is an update, I create a test project and test my own footage and the playback performance is still very bad. When I try to read at x2 x4 speeds, the program freezes and does not respond at all. I'm still using version 15.4.1 for now, I still haven't upgraded. The video codec I use for information is Xavcs 50 fps 50Mb/s 1080p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mesut Or , @Yuber5C80  ,

Sorry for this problem regarding Fuji XT3 media files. We have fixed this in the latest beta builds and this is also on track to be available in normal builds. We will update you soon.

Meanwhile, you can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes in the beta build.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with the beta version but for me the result is still the same. To explain in more detail, when I try to playback video at speeds higher than 2x, the sound flows at 3x or 4x speed in the background, but the video freezes completely and the program does not respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mesut Or ,

Sorry for this problem. Can you please share some source footage/project files at any cloud location? 
I will try it out at our end to reproduce the exact scenario and discuss it with my team to get it prioritized. 

Please also mention your device details. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to help you, but I cannot send you video files due to data privacy. It can be a problem in Germany. 

My camera is SONY HXR-NX 200 

Video Format XAVCS 1080p 50 FPS h.264 4:2:0 50Mb/s

My Pc is Amd Ryzen 5 2600 

GTX 1070

16 GB 3200 Mhz Ram

1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME SSD for all footage and cache files

Windows 11 pro x64 installed on 512 GB 860 Evo  SATA SSD

I also tried today the latest beta still same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that seems pretty standard for a compressed format...transcode it to prores and see how fast you can scrub..? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its not standart. It works with v15.4.1 just fine. (up to x8 speed) It is definitely software releated issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mesut Or,

Sorry for this problem again. We have improved the speed workflow in the latest beta build.
Please check out the latest beta build version 22.5.0.27(or higher) from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your media files(& project) here and we will check at our end https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

I hope it will help.
Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the latest beta and tested it. Whatever you did seems to work. Thank you for your support. I guess now i can update from version 15.4 to version 22.5  🙂

I just saw that you said 22.5.0.29(or higher) but the version that i downloaded from creative cloud is 22.5.0 build 28 and there is no other update currently. Just for information 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Mesut Or  for the confirmation. There was a typo. The fix is available from build 22.5.0.27. I will update in this thread too.
Yes ! you can continue working on 22.5 beta..  Let us know if you face any issue.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'M HAVING THE SAME EXACT ISSUE!! RENDERING MOGRT'S ARE SOOOOO SLOW!!!

PC SPECS:

Ryzen 7 3800X 8 cores / 16 Threads

RTX 2060 6 GB.

32 GB's G. Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 Mhz

OS Drive: Samsung Evo 870 Plus 500 GB

Video's Drive: Samsung Evo 980 Pro 1 TB

Scratch Drive: Samsung Evo 870 1 TB

I have a pretty nice system, not the absolute fastest but more than enough to make easy work on 1080p video. But I'm noticing Editing and Rendering MOGRTS's takes forever now!!! 

I'm really considering rolling back to an earlier version. Any Ideas???

Thanks, 

Nick Rosetti

Tech 215 Studios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can recommend is to do a preliminary rendering from the point In to Out on the timeline. Then it will play smoothly, without brakes and stuttering. In addition, you can use this visualization in the final rendering by checking the Use preview box. But, there is one THING, but when you change the parameters of the rendered part of MOGRT on the timeline by making changes, then you will need to render again every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HaHa!!! I am very much aware of this issue, after making changes having to re-render. Just an FYI, I'm just making a joke I appreciate your help.

I'm going to upgrade to the newest version of Premiere Pro and see if this helps speed things up. I will be back to post my findings.

Thanks in advance!!!

Nick Rosetti

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an absolutely beast of a machine, and im not able to playback anything from the new Canon R5C.

It flushes the memory in no time and force shut downs premiere. Heck, i even did a clean install of windows to make sure it was not my computer.... im going nuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway you could get me a clip to test on my rig ... dropbox or wetransfer or whatever?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to please. It's not about your system software, but about the Premiere software product. There is a lot of writing about powerful and uncompromising workstations for performing creative processes. But, alas... When it will be smooth in playback, every third Adobe user is waiting. When it will come is unclear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Upgrade rto Premiere Pr2022 and MacOS Montherey and HORRIBLE useles timeline speed. Also too many changes to media encoder and other elements makes this update the WORSE I have seen in PPRO 19 years. Now Trying to edit a HD 8 track multicam project for a client and seeing it is not going to happen. This is not not even 4K!!! I am afraid, after being a die hard PPRO fan this  is it.. Davinci Resolve (which offers no stupid monthly fee) is the way to go ... BYE ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with any changes to MediaEncoder ... huh.

Performance on some of the newer M1 Macs seems all over the board. Some are blasting away, other's are getting sludge like you are. Really weird.

But as a Resolve user, there's a ton of issues for many R users also. I think in trying to emulate the Adobe be the thing for all workflows/media/hardware with all audio/color/edit/fx/you-name-it included, they've now got many of the same issues with odd bugs & performance things varying by user.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to Premiere Pro 2022? It's absolutely awful. Worst expereince I have ever had editing. Been using Adobe for the last 7 years but this version is an insult to the subscribers paying a lot of money to use this product.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the things as a user is always to be aware of not assuming "our" experience is universal. Because with the wild array of gear, media, and workflows out there, it ain't.

User performance with both Premiere and Resolve are the most varied I've ever heard of. One system is screaming, and another seemingly similar one is choking. Which is very frustrating. It used to be rather simple really to puzzle out why one setup wasn't performing well. It ain't anymore.

My 3960X 24 core Ryzen/2080Ti desktop is screaming, best performance I've ever had with Premiere. As is my 4-year old Acer laptop. Using BRAW, some Red, Sony, Arri, and a fair amount of GH3 All-I mov files along with some phone media. Pretty heavy color effects used, some retiming. A LOT of audio work done, plus graphics.

Another user posted here like you a while back, with a Ryzen desktop close to mine. Horrible performance. What the ... ?

As I've noted above, some M1 Macs are screaming along, some totally bonked. Again, what the ... ?

The one thing that is consistent seems to be that it is inconsistent across the user base. But I also work daily with Resolve, and the 17 and 18 versions of that are getting similar reports. I think the attempt to be the total solution for all hardware, media, operating systems, workflows, and exports ... is just a problematic ideal.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you running, Richard?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too continue to have trouble with this and have had for some time. I keep googling around looking for solutions. Every five minutes or so I have to close down PP and reopen it. This fixes it for about 5 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines