So I've switched to the new Premiere Pro CC and now my audio drops out during playback. Doesn't matter if it's an aiff, mp3, whatever. I never had this problem with Premiere Pro CS6. All files are saved to an XServe Network on OS 10.8.4. I'll have to remain using Premiere CS6 for the time being.
Also, just tested this out. I had a TIFF sequence playing with this audio. It did NOT like that. I can play the audio by itself just fine. So it seems to be a problem with playing the video file WITH the audio.
Agreed. Started happening for me after the latest update. Plenty of RAM, plenty of scratch disk space. Crazy that this is still a thing. Constantly having to start/stop the timeline to get the audio to play. Brutal.
Happening to me as well in several posts on the timeline. Shame it hasn't been addressed in 6 years.
It's not a hardware issue I assure you, but I might have a workaround. I'm not a professional editor by any means but this is what works for me, for now.
What I had to do was cut at the beginning and ending portion of the offending audio clip from V1 and drag that clip immediately below to V2 and the audio played flawlessly. It'll probably work if you need to move clips to any audio track (V2, V3, ...) on the timeline to get around this "bug".
Also, when I tried moving the clip/s further up or down the timeline on V1 it seems to play audio again, but playback reveals that the "mute spot" stays right where it is, affecting a new portion of audio.
If someone has already suggested this. I apologize for spamming, but I'm not about to read 6 years of posts about an issue that hasn't been solved yet.
JUst wanted to post to tell you what solved it for me.
I use alot of 3d party plugins and the audio drop out started when i loaded too many of them or in the wrong order. I tried to prevent som click-sound so I put a de-click plugin on the master bus.
However, I used the bypass button to see if it was the plugins fault. Nothing changed, so I figured it had to be something else. I tried every solution in this post until I finally just unloaded the plugin (in other words, not using the by pass button but simply remove the plugin from the rack) and all of a sudden it worked.
It would be great if adobe could fix this bypass button bug. But I guess its not too annoying to load and un load. Hope this solves it for some ppl 😄
PR 2020 is dropping audio during plyback of final exported .mxf SQ files!!! Can adobe do anything right??? The video and audio plyback fine with all vid and aud tracks on the timeline. NOw its time to assemble all segments of a 64 min project and PR 2020 won't play the audio!! After this project switching to Resolve until adobe gets its act together!!!!! i7 8750H with GTX1060
In my case I discovered another solution to this problem. Rendering or previewing timelines resulted in image without audio during playback. I lost audio after 2-3 sec. of playback. Couldn't find any solution, but discovered that my muted track caused some problems. By disabling the muted track all other audio played normal during preview. So Alt+Click the muted audio track (if any) to select it/them, then Shift+E to disable your track(s). Then hopefully preview audio without any more issues.
Hope than can make a difference for somebody 🙂
What fixed this for me was removing audio that was on the audio track below (I removed the SFX audio stem on A2, that was sitting directly under the VO on A1). Very strange. Premiere must have been getting upset about trying to play both at the same time...
To add to this further, the DIA on A1 was only cutting out when there was a bit of my SFX stem that was at 0db volume but had no audio on it (was silent). In other places where the SFX stem had actual effects on it, the DIA/VO wouldn't drop out.
I know this is an old thread, but it's the top search result when googling for this kind of problem. The solution I found was on Reddit, and a simple solution at that (worked for me at least);
And that is to move all the audio files for the project to a faster HDD/SSD. I left everything else, including the working file, the footage, assets, everything, in the original (slower) HDD, but I moved the audio to a faster SSD. And now I have no issues.
If this is not working there is also a list on the same Reddit page with more possible solutions: