Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Audio Cuts Out

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,

So I've switched to the new Premiere Pro CC and now my audio drops out during playback. Doesn't matter if it's an aiff, mp3, whatever. I never had this problem with Premiere Pro CS6. All files are saved to an XServe Network on OS 10.8.4. I'll have to remain using Premiere CS6 for the time being.

Also, just tested this out. I had a TIFF sequence playing with this audio. It did NOT like that. I can play the audio by itself just fine. So it seems to be a problem with playing the video file WITH the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Hi,

Audio dropouts:
Audio dropouts could be caused by a number of reasons, so there is no one correct answer. Typically, it is because of one of the following:

1. Insufficient computer resources (hardware not powerful enough for certain media, media files are long in duration).
  2. Materials were not ingested properly (H.264 or HEVC media needs to be transcoded or proxies created).
  3. Out of memory (memory cache is full and needs to be cleared via rebooting or otherwise).
  4. Sequence Settings for audio sam

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 367 Replies 367
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to render the audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

despite our very huge hardware we got here, another issue appears.

My first oservation in this matter , was concerned with speed mod in the audio .

Now we are post producen another long movie, and all material filmed in DNxHD 176 Mbits 10 bits  4:4:4

Importing in timeline the material , audio drops from time to time , around 10 to 12 seconds after space bar was pressed .

The audio coded is same DNx audio in each clip.

The audio was replaced by the other recordings that came from lavalier mics in each actor/ talent l since here in Brazil is not commom ADR.

But to edit the first cut, we used the audio that came with the clips in DNx. So conviving with this problem is difficult, so we tried to render and replace, so Pr changes the audio another copy in WAV , so our problems becomes history.

So we conclude that this is the solution for audio issues mentioned here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Started happening for me after the latest update. Plenty of RAM, plenty of scratch disk space. Crazy that this is still a thing. Constantly having to start/stop the timeline to get the audio to play. Brutal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as well in several posts on the timeline. Shame it hasn't been addressed in 6 years.

It's not a hardware issue I assure you, but I might have a workaround. I'm not a professional editor by any means but this is what works for me, for now.

What I had to do was cut at the beginning and ending portion of the offending audio clip from V1 and drag that clip immediately below to V2 and the audio played flawlessly. It'll probably work if you need to move clips to any audio track (V2, V3, ...) on the timeline to get around this "bug".

Also, when I tried moving the clip/s further up or down the timeline on V1 it seems to play audio again, but playback reveals that the "mute spot" stays right where it is, affecting a new portion of audio.

If someone has already suggested this. I apologize for spamming, but I'm not about to read 6 years of posts about an issue that hasn't been solved yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you had a corrupt audio track. Copy/paste the clips to a new sequence next time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

JUst wanted to post to tell you what solved it for me.

I use alot of 3d party plugins and the audio drop out started when i loaded too many of them or in the wrong order. I tried to prevent som click-sound so I put a de-click plugin on the master bus. 

However, I used the bypass button to see if it was the plugins fault. Nothing changed, so I figured it had to be something else. I tried every solution in this post until I finally just unloaded the plugin (in other words, not using the by pass button but simply remove the plugin from the rack) and all of a sudden it worked.

It would be great if adobe could fix this bypass button bug. But I guess its not too annoying to load and un load. Hope this solves it for some ppl 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PR 2020 is dropping audio during plyback of final exported .mxf SQ files!!! Can adobe do anything right??? The video and audio plyback fine with all vid and aud tracks on the timeline. NOw its time to assemble all segments of a 64 min project and PR 2020 won't play the audio!! After this project switching to Resolve until adobe gets its act together!!!!!  i7 8750H with GTX1060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I discovered another solution to this problem. Rendering or previewing timelines resulted in image without audio during playback. I lost audio after 2-3 sec. of playback. Couldn't find any solution, but discovered that my muted track caused some problems. By disabling the muted track all other audio played normal during preview. So Alt+Click the muted audio track (if any) to select it/them, then Shift+E to disable your track(s). Then hopefully preview audio without any more issues. 

Hope than can make a difference for somebody 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fixed this for me was removing audio that was on the audio track below (I removed the SFX audio stem on A2, that was sitting directly under the VO on A1). Very strange. Premiere must have been getting upset about trying to play both at the same time... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this further, the DIA on A1 was only cutting out when there was a bit of my SFX stem that was at 0db volume but had no audio on it (was silent). In other places where the SFX stem had actual effects on it, the DIA/VO wouldn't drop out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but it's the top search result when googling for this kind of problem. The solution I found was on Reddit, and a simple solution at that (worked for me at least); 

And that is to move all the audio files for the project to a faster HDD/SSD. I left everything else, including the working file, the footage, assets, everything, in the original (slower) HDD, but I moved the audio to a faster SSD. And now I have no issues. 

If this is not working there is also a list on the same Reddit page with more possible solutions: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/comments/964bs7/need_advice_premiere_pro_audio_dropouts_during... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

This post is now locked as it has become unruly and stale. It's from 2013, so it's an audio issue that certain people will always have, largely depending on system and media issues. Most editors do not have audio playback issues on systems exceeding system requirements with supported media formats.

There are so many potential issues with audio playback, so we are sorry if you are getting frustrated in trying to troubleshoot. Please see my posted answer for potential solutions. If any of those suggestions do not work, please create a new post with full system details and info about your media. The community can help you solve most audio playback issues. Feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan 

Hey Kevin,

It looks like it has become unlocked. Which is bad because it is so stale. 😄

Cheers,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Relocked....

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this issue with the latest version.
I have been using premiere for about a month before it started to act up (first started up at the moment of writing this). It is incredibly frustrating to have this happen when I am so close to finishing up the video im working on (which is already late).
I have done the restarting of both application and computer multiple times. My PC is more than capable of handling the program and the processes within, in fact, it could be using more of my hardware than it actually does.
What is sad to see is this is an issue that has been plaguing Adobe Premiere since 2013, which frankly is disgusting, does the adobe team not have people work on bugs and only work on updates that only add new features to the application? FIX the problem, dont leave it in the too hard basket because it will only get worse or persist (like it already has been for 9 years) and frustrate people, like myself, and for us to become disillusioned with the adobe brand, ESPECIALLY when we are PAYING for the service of actually using this faulty product.
Sincerely,
Aedan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for MORE than 10 years... people have been having this problem. It's 2022 and I'm STILL having this problem. I have a super mac that cost me $5k, my project shot in prores can't handle a WAV file for longer than 5 seconds. I'm SOOOOOOOOO TIRED of this. HELP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First post in 2013, we're now in Aug 2022 and the bug still remains... ??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try some of the solutions I suggested. Please also create a new post with more info.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines