Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Crashing At The Splash Screen - OSX Mavericks

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having difficulty using Premiere Pro CC as it won't allow me to get past the splash screen. I've just updated to OSX Mavericks and apparently Premiere is compatible with Mavericks. However it appears to be crashing at every instance that I load it up, it flashes the splash screen and it crashes, giving me an error report.

I am a new member to these forums, so I apologise if I am asking in the wrong area.

I have the crash report here from Apple.

Message was edited by: Kevin Monahan. Crash log in attached doc. Please don't copy/paste crash logs in forum posts, attach them as separate documents. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Ok despite almost daily updates from CC having no luck i seem to have SOLVED my crash on startup issue for now

For me at least the fix is to change the system region to ‘United States Computer’ And Pref Language to ‘English'

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 11.36.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tenorocity: Given that the problem most likely involves PPRO's interaction with system settings, specifically the Language&Region settings, reinstalling is not likely to resolve anything.

What would help us diagnose the cause of this problem is to provide the log file I requested in my post earlier today--not the crash log--and screenshots of the Language&Region dialog. And please, please add the log file as an attachment rather than pasting it directly into the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Here is the log file that was generated...

Log file created: Fri Oct 25 07:58:17 2013

-------------------------------------------

Ticks = 0      <4614799360> <DynamicLink> <5> Attempting to launch dynamiclinkmanager

Ticks = 0      <4614799360> <DynamicLink> <5> /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/7.0/dynamiclinkmanager.app

I tried attaching the .txt file  to the post but couldn't for some reason.

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 08.08.49.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 08.08.58.png

Good luck with this. Let me know if there is anything else that would help.

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Premiere Pro CC Log File after the crash

Log file created: Fri Oct 25 11:44:34 2013

Ticks = 0      <4587024384> <DynamicLink> <5> Attempting to launch dynamiclinkmanager

Ticks = 0      <4587024384> <DynamicLink> <5> /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/7.0/dynamiclinkmanager.app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same issue. Here's my log & screencap. Mac Pro 5,1, ATI 5870 from Apple.

1. Mavericks installed by updater
  2. Language settings were not changed and look like what I left them at
  3. Premiere Pro CC 7.0.1 was already installed
  4. Premiere Pro CC did work on the same machine, just before the Mavericks update.

Log:

Log file created: Sat Oct 26 14:26:20 2013

Ticks = 0      <4614262784> <DynamicLink> <5> Attempting to launch dynamiclinkmanager

Ticks = 0      <4614262784> <DynamicLink> <5> /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/7.0/dynamiclinkmanager.app

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 2.31.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aylwin.lo: The proposed workaround is to set Preferred Language to U.S. English from the list and changing Region to United States. Then restart and see if Premiere Pro launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed settings (see below), restarted, opened Premiere, still crashes. Also, that logfile isn't getting written anymore.

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 2.32.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "preferred workaround" doesn't work for me at all.  What options do I have to get my work done?  Is there some type of discount being offered to cloud subscribers who can't use the apps they are paying you for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add the attachment for the Crash Logs etc?
Screenshot 2013-10-25 11.46.07.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2013-10-25 12.02.29.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Late 09 MacPro, even with latest pushed update still crashes on launch

NOT

HAPPY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't realize that the means for attaching a file was kinda hidden. Click Reply, then "Use Advanced Editor" to upper right of text edit box, then Browse at bottom left of the advanced editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 9.36.20 PM Where the folder?.png@mark mapes---trying to create the primer log file.  don't see an adobe folder in Library/Preferences/   What am I missing here?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my system preferencesScreen Shot 2013-10-24 at 9.26.47 PM Lang and Reg.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-24 at 9.27.20 PM  General.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start at your user folder ("davidintrator," I believe). If you go to the Go menu, select Go To Folder, and paste the path I provided--complete with the tilde--it'll go straight there.

I've matched the settings shown in Josh's screenshots, and PPRO launches w/o issue. And tenorocity's settings match my original settings. So it's not simply the language/region settings.

If any of you have enabled the option to open the most recent project at startup, then please try clearing your preferences. If you care about saving the prefs (in case they're not implicated), then just move "Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs" from Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/7.0/Profile-<username>. If you don't care about your existing prefs, you can simply delete that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.41.24 PM.png@mark ----to add insult to injury, now there is a new problem:  I can't download Premiere Pro CC to provide the log that could help you.  (I uninstalled it PPCC earlier in the hope that reinstall would solve the crash problem.)

I now get the attached error message: "Installation Failed"  Unable to reach Adobe servers.....   This happens after about 8% has been downloaded.  It happened twice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark---FYI I was just able to easily download an update to Indesign CS6 through the creative cloud app.   The problem is with PP CC.  I'm going to give it one last try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing all preferences files, as stated above, worked for me. PP works now without flaw.

I had also changed the languages settings in an earlier attempt. That had no effect at the time. So, not sure if that had anything to do with it. as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't realize that the means for attaching a file was kinda hidden. Click Reply, then "Use Advanced Editor" to upper right of text edit box, then Browse at bottom left of the advanced editor.

I don't think us regular users have that option even in advanced editor mode. Staff/Moderator only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any option for attachements in the advanced editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing language from British English to just English now means Premiere gets further through the splash screen startup process...

before it hung straight away, now it hangs here:

Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 16.55.35.png

I've left it 30 minutes and no startup. Force Quit still leaves the graphic on my desktop even after the app is closed.

Tried creating a new user but it has the same problem.

After Effects still claims I "I can't use this version of AE with this version of OSX".

All apps fresh installs from CC servers and updated to 7.01.

And I would post the crash and log files, but there is no means for adding attachments even in the advanced editor here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if everyone is aware of this After Efeects update specifically for Mavericks (so it won't update through CC)

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/10/after-effects-cc-12-0-1-update-fixes -crash-on-mac-os-x-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a strange screen shot of TWO popups I get sometimes(!) when I opened Premier Pro through After Effects (both are running on my MacBook Pro now).

screenshot.png

Sometimes the window behind, which gives me the option to reopen, comes up in front, and I can open Premier Pro, though I don't believe it mattered whether I clicked Reopen or the other choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 10.40.50 PM.png

Same here. I stupidly installed Mavericks over the weekend. I uninstalled Premiere and installed it fresh, it worked okay until I applied the patches. Then it went back to this error screen whenever I try to open a project file. It just freezes until I force quit. I'm considering trying it without the patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open Premiere alone, plug ins and all. I have my Red Giant plug ins and everything. I can put down video, use Red Giant plug ins, save, quit and re-enter the project with no problems.

Where I get the error is trying to open the project (ALL projects) I was working on prior to installing Mavericks. I can try to open the file from the Finder, with-in Premiere or import all end in the freeze and crash. I'd rather not start from scratch, but it seems that all directions point to all save files prior to Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines